Facebook blacklists conservative commentator Gavin Mcinnes and proud boys org.

The Constitution thanks you for your support

Exactly!

Now someone gets it. Facebook is private property and unless we use Big Government to declare them some kind of monopoly we can't force them to allow folks into their servers to speak politics anymore than you can be forced to let Bob Smoe stand on your porch and give a speech.
You don't get sarcasm, do you.

I may have mis-understood.

Are we in agreement or disagreement?

Same with you. Another fine poster who thinks Facebook has to follow the "Freedom of Speech" part of the First Amendment. Am I right?
It's a PRINCIPLE ALL Americans should follow
LIke when taking a knee during the national anthem...

That kneeling, like Catholics do when during the consecration of the Eucharist, really brings out the snowflakes doesn't it.
I always thought Catholics did that to show how easy they are to be made to submit...and open wide...

Every business should be allowed to control who uses their resources to make a statement, whether that business is a social media site or an artist who creates images with food (that includes wedding cake bakers, for the government school educated).

IOW, Facebook should have the right to control the messages its resources are used to produce, and bakers should have the right to control what messages their products are used to produce.

I'm really glad that individuals' decisions in private business are saying no to hate speech and hate groups.
What "hate speech"?

Example please
Scuse me.
I'm really glad that individuals' decisions in private business are saying no to hate speech and hate groups.
What "hate speech"?

Example please
You will have to ask Facebook for their examples. As usual, they are keeping that to themselves. However, this is what they did say:

Facebook reportedly told Business Insider:”“Our team continues to study trends in organized hate and hate speech and works with partners to better understand hate organizations as they evolve. We ban these organizations and individuals from our platforms and also remove all praise and support when we become aware of it. We will continue to review content, Pages, and people that violate our policies, take action against hate speech and hate organizations to help keep our community safe.”

Every business should be allowed to control who uses their resources to make a statement, whether that business is a social media site or an artist who creates images with food (that includes wedding cake bakers, for the government school educated).

IOW, Facebook should have the right to control the messages its resources are used to produce, and bakers should have the right to control what messages their products are used to produce.

I'm really split but I like stirring the pot.

Should the bus company have the right to control who rides where on the bus?

After all, I might own a bus company and be a Missouri Synod Lutheran and think them ELCA Lutherans don't deserve a seat. Its a pretty ridiculous situation and w/o big government to force them to serve eachother one might have to do like the Puritans and sail across the ocean to find a spot they can exist like them pesky Puritans and Pilgrams which were each the wrong kind of Protestants for wherever.

Same with you. Another fine poster who thinks Facebook has to follow the "Freedom of Speech" part of the First Amendment. Am I right?
It's a PRINCIPLE ALL Americans should follow
No....it's an Amendment in the Constitution:

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press, or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

What "hate speech"?

Example please
Scuse me.
What "hate speech"?

Example please
You will have to ask Facebook for their examples. As usual, they are keeping that to themselves. However, this is what they did say:

Facebook reportedly told Business Insider:”“Our team continues to study trends in organized hate and hate speech and works with partners to better understand hate organizations as they evolve. We ban these organizations and individuals from our platforms and also remove all praise and support when we become aware of it. We will continue to review content, Pages, and people that violate our policies, take action against hate speech and hate organizations to help keep our community safe.”
So you got nothing except your tard masters talking points

I'm really split but I like stirring the pot.

Should the bus company have the right to control who rides where on the bus?

After all, I might own a bus company and be a Missouri Synod Lutheran and think them ELCA Lutherans don't deserve a seat. Its a pretty ridiculous situation and w/o big government to force them to serve eachother one might have to do like the Puritans and sail across the ocean to find a spot they can exist like them pesky Puritans and Pilgrams which were each the wrong kind of Protestants for wherever.

I'm talking about speech and expression and riding a bus isn't speech or expression. If you want to talk about bus riding, the analogy would be should a bus company be able to prohibit riders from holding up "Vote Trump" signs in the window while allowing other riders to hold up "Vote Clinton" signs? I say it's a private company that provides transportation and it can restrict what messages it will allow to be broadcast from its windows. Likewise, Facebook should be free to restrict messages and bakers should be free to not allow their products to broadcast messages supporting things they don't.

I do, however, maintain that they should NOT cloak simple political bias under the guise of "hate". They should honest and upfront with their intentions.

Forum List

Back