Facebook behavior

I lost my ( then very young) daughter in a divorce in the early 70s, back while I was serving in the NAV.

I've reestablished contact with her thanks to FB.

But we're strangers now.

She's a grown middle aged woman and making really meaningful contact now is pretty much impossible.

You can never go home again, folks.

It isn't there anymore.

But you can build a new home and make a new daughter. It's never too late.
I know, that in your case a real human story is behind and my following words are not meant as a disrespect and are not really directed to you, so don't get it wrong...

I don't make any children to a woman if I am not 100% sure she is the One. Off course, you can not plan or manage a life always as you want it to be.

My brother for example made a daughter, when he was 17. He and his girlfriend fled to Marseille (France) when they were 16, I still don't know what drove them to do that. They were even in the newspapers :)
Later, the youth welfare office brought them back, as they had not any money left. My brother stole at that time the gold-jewelry of my mother, which she got from her marriage.
And with that gold they ran away.

Later, after that 'youth-love' broke-up he gave the fatherhood rights to the new lover of his 'youth-love'.

I rarely go there..maybe once every 3-4 months.
I was active for about a week and grew bored quick.
Having said that, I was indeed asked to be befriended by an x-girlfriend from almost 25 years ago.
I passed.
We were pretty damn heavy and...well...active...for a little less than a year.
I don't think it would be appropriate or appreciated by the significant other.

Try as I may, I just don't like it. And I SURE don't trust it! (with good reason)

One thing...business people (myself included) will look at potential clients, vendors, salesfolks and applicant's facebook page to gain additional information about that person.

My facebook page is goofy, activist and opinionated. So much so, my babygirl was concerned that employers looking at her would grow concerned about her Mommy's radicalism. Be sure to set your privacy controls as you need them to be and if in doubt, do not upload.

Also, once you have your privacy controls set as you want them, double check with a friend by phone to be sure they are seeing and not seeing what you intended. Go back a few times a year and be sure they are still in place, and stay up on facebook privacy setting changes.

My facebook behavior is exemplary. Considering I've never been there it couldn't be anything but......

I had two FB acc'ts ~ one for my real name and one for this, my only, screen name.

I dumped/closed BOTH.

I remember MAYBE ten folks from HS, which was approximately 40 years ago, and I'm in touch with everyone I care to be, at this point, so I don't need no stinking FB!

:lol:

Forum List

Back