Facebook Bans Populist Consverative Groups Just Before European Elections

JimBowie1958

Old Fogey
Sep 25, 2011
Should this sort of thing be illegal in America?

What if CBS, NBC, ABC, all the major news papers, FB and Twitter all decided to ban the GOP from advertisements? Would that be legal too?

Facebook Shuts Down Populist Italian Pages Before EU Elections

Facebook has shut down 23 major populist Italian pages with 2.5 million followers just two weeks before the European elections.
According to Italian media, the majority of the pages supported the populist parties La Lega (The League) and the 5-Star Movement (M5S) — who currently govern Italy in a temporary coalition.

Facebook has justified its dramatic move by claiming that the sites shared fake news, so-called “hate speech”, and “divisive content” regarding immigrants, vaccines, and Jewish people.​

What if CBS, NBC, ABC, all the major news papers, FB and Twitter all decided to ban the GOP from advertisements? Would that be legal too?

Facebook has shut down 23 major populist Italian pages with 2.5 million followers just two weeks before the European elections.
According to Italian media, the majority of the pages supported the populist parties La Lega (The League) and the 5-Star Movement (M5S) — who currently govern Italy in a temporary coalition.

Facebook has justified its dramatic move by claiming that the sites shared fake news, so-called “hate speech”, and “divisive content” regarding immigrants, vaccines, and Jewish people.​
Would anything really surprise you at this point?

Not really.....

Of course liberal Facebook is cutting the right off. They don’t want people to see what liars the liberals are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

facebook isn't a government entity & therefore can restrict whomever or whatever they damn well please. the homophobe baker & chick fil a made that all possible.

The illiberal, authoritarian Regressive Left's vision of freedom of expression:
c42bdaaf-0df5-4861-b372-a64723797726-original.gif

a18f7b8f-96af-438c-a15a-402ef859e91a-original.gif

^Doesn't understand the first amendment. Thinks 'conservative populist' groups (i.e. often white supremacists groups) have the right to post on facebook just for the fuck of it.

^Doesn't understand the first amendment. Thinks 'conservative populist' groups (i.e. often white supremacists groups) have the right to post on facebook just for the fuck of it.
^ Has to lie to make a "point".

I didn't say that.

I didn't say that.

Oh, sorry, I didn't realize you didn't read your own childish memes. This has zero to do with the first amendment.

I didn't say that.

Oh, sorry, I didn't realize you didn't read your own childish memes. This has zero to do with the first amendment.
Yes, I agree. Yet the sentiment is right on the money, which is why you're so triggered.

You folks are what you are.

I didn't say that.

Yes, I agree. Yet the sentiment is right on the money, which is why you're so triggered.

You folks are what you are.

Let me know when you defend ISIS on twitter, sentiment my ass.

Nobody is entitled to be on any Social Media platform.

If they've violated the rules, they've violated the rules, and must face the consequences.

The questions should be asked what the heck are these institutions/organizations doing to break the rules, that they have to get banned.

Can't be too good, no?

Nobody is entitled to be on any Social Media platform.

If they've violated the rules, they've violated the rules, and must face the consequences.

The questions should be asked what the heck are these institutions/organizations doing to break the rules, that they have to get banned.

Can't be too good, no?

No, let's not do that. Way more fun to play the persecution game. Mac loves that shit.

It'd be nice if you expressed little outrage

Forum List

Back