Facebook about to create 1000 millionaires

Quantum Windbag

Gold Member
May 9, 2010
Which means they will make about a million people poor. When are we going to stop this income inequality and force people to work for free after they make to much?

In financial circles and across the web, for a long while now much chatter and speculation has been geared towards Facebook filing for an initial public offering (IPO). At this point and time, it seems an IPO is not a matter of 'if', but 'when' the social network giant will file with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. The valuation estimates of Facebook when it does go on the open trade market keep going up. In January 2011, estimates jumped up to $50 billion, however current expectations are aligning with a figure closer to $100 billion. According to Reuters, when Facebook does file for an IPO, it will create "at least a thousand millionaires." This will top any other company publicly coming out of the Silicon Valley, including the mighty Google Inc.

Facebook IPO to create over 1,000 millionaires

Before everyone gets all excited about a FaceBook IPO they should go check out Groupons' IPO and see how that went.

Which means they will make about a million people poor. When are we going to stop this income inequality and force people to work for free after they make to much?

In financial circles and across the web, for a long while now much chatter and speculation has been geared towards Facebook filing for an initial public offering (IPO). At this point and time, it seems an IPO is not a matter of 'if', but 'when' the social network giant will file with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. The valuation estimates of Facebook when it does go on the open trade market keep going up. In January 2011, estimates jumped up to $50 billion, however current expectations are aligning with a figure closer to $100 billion. According to Reuters, when Facebook does file for an IPO, it will create "at least a thousand millionaires." This will top any other company publicly coming out of the Silicon Valley, including the mighty Google Inc.

Excuse me?!?

Force people to work for free?!? :wtf:

The only way for fair taxes and a budget balanced by law to give us the economy we want is for people to have the freedom to fail and succeed. You tell me I'm done earning and I'll tell you I'm done working.

The trick is a fair and simple tax code, like 15% on income with everyone getting to earn the first $25,000 per year free of income tax.

hes a democratic donor, that comes with a pass. :lol:

So the ratio is 1 millionaire:1 poor person. ??? I don't think so. When do they go public. I want to buy some stock!~

What does Facebook (or Groupon for that matter) actually produce?
Tangible, hard, physical goods that are manufactured?

And folks want to buy into this shit?
Be my guest.

Facebook sucks balls. I was on FB about three years mostly because they had a discussion board app that I really liked. Fox news had one that had a decent ideological mix with minimal moderation. So one day FB decides that the discussion app was going to be deleted along with the entire contents of thousands of boards. They sent out a confusing message to the board admins stating that they have decided that we would like posting to walls better and then started deleting them with no public warning. CNN went first and then Foxnews and then the rest of them. After that crap FB is on my permanent shit list. I know it was a free service and all but the stone cold way they broke us up was just plain wrong, I hope they frigging fail.

Be my guest.

good point. the koch bros who employ over 50k people here and 20k around the world, provides materials for products every 99%er uses, are villains, they are libertarian center right, yet zuckeberg whatever his name is, produces absolutely nothing but ad money, hes a great guy and the koch bros suck. why? becasue zuckeberg is an obama fan. shocker:eek:

It costs nothing to join FaceBook and all the apps are free (as far as I know) so Mark Zuckerberg makes his money off of "data-mining" all the info of everyone who signs up. In other words, he sells it.

Be my guest.

^ ^ ^ see above. First thought that came to mind upon seeing thread title was "bubble" ;)

Be my guest.

Facebook produces advertising. And there are big bucks in advertising.

Be my guest.

Facebook produces advertising. And there are big bucks in advertising.

That's a good point. Insofar that the advertising might lead to sales of tangible, hard, physical goods that are manufactured.

Other than that, it's bullshit.

Forum List

Back