Fabric birds!

koshergrl

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2011
I'm not a huge crafty person but a fb friend put up some pics of her homemade birdies, that she is going to use for mobiles, or whatever.

I saw them and thought, what a great project for the kids! We could churn out a lot of these in a night...we can attach strings and give them out as Christmas ornaments!

So that's the plan tonight...we're going to clear the table, bring out the sewing machine and the scissors and make us some birds.

I think we'll use the pattern here:

Sew Your Own Fabric Birds

IMGP2384425x640.jpg

I will I think. My internet is doing some weird things but hopefully I'll get them up. We're going to work on them tonight.

I can't find any images for them though, except what I have on my fb.

I'm not a huge crafty person but a fb friend put up some pics of her homemade birdies, that she is going to use for mobiles, or whatever.

I saw them and thought, what a great project for the kids! We could churn out a lot of these in a night...we can attach strings and give them out as Christmas ornaments!

So that's the plan tonight...we're going to clear the table, bring out the sewing machine and the scissors and make us some birds.

IMGP2384425x640.jpg

Oh wow, they look awesome! I love the black and white one in the middle, the pattern looks beautiful!

I started them last night..I haven't stuffed the ones I have yet but they look AWESOME. All mine are pinks and maroonishes because I'm using material left over from sewing projects for my daughter. But I'm going to try some greens too..

I like the black and white one too..looks a little like a raven, or a magpie, lol.

IMGP2384425x640.jpg

very cool , thanks for posting it

I started them last night..I haven't stuffed the ones I have yet but they look AWESOME. All mine are pinks and maroonishes because I'm using material left over from sewing projects for my daughter. But I'm going to try some greens too..

Take some photos when you finish so we can see what they look like! :)

I will I will! It might be a day or so..I just started stuffing the first one this morning; I need more stuffing...and my internet is down, I think for the month. The assholes; I got behind on my bill months ago, and I've been paying it dutifully every month...the monthly bill, plus some extra to erode the past due, and they've been good about keeping it going and letting me do it that way, but an evile book keeper got in there and shut me down, and my little friend who USUALLY handles such things apparently had no sway with her, lol. I think I'll post some pics sometime this weekend though...maybe even tonight.

Oh never fear, I'm never far. I have multiple internet avenues/capabilities.

My mom's tree is in front of two big windows, and she has a bunch of bird feeders in the lilacs on just the other side, so we have birds in the Christmas tree...and birds in the real tree outside.

My mom's tree is in front of two big windows, and she has a bunch of bird feeders in the lilacs on just the other side, so we have birds in the Christmas tree...and birds in the real tree outside.

Haha - I wonder if the birds outside think that there are real birds on the Christmas tree?:razz:

Forum List

Back