F35 - superfighter or lame duck?

manonthestreet; a comparison. F14BD / F15SE Thrust 54,000/58,000 Weight 43.600/31,700 Speed Mach 2+/Mach 2.5+
Svc Ceiling 50000+/60000+ Range 1600 nm/1800 nm Max Load 20,397 lbs / 23,000 Crew 2/2. There you go Buzz. The first number is the F14BD the second number is the F15SE. I admit the 14 was a terrific bird. You accuse me of dissing it and I have not done so. However, it cannot and never will be the equal of the Eagle. Secondly, I can read, much to your dismay. Third, try to act your age with grace and dignity. My point is the Eagle will carry us beyond today in tandum with the F22/F35 and will keep the MIG 29, which is the Russian threat for now, in check. Now I will ask you, Can you read or simply see red every time someone responds?
I never compared 14 to 15...it was 14 to 18 18 looks like crap stacked up to 14D and worse to Supercat

Supercat was the F-14D. Not a lot of them were produced because the system was on it's way out. It just cost way more than the Navy had to spend. The F-18 was a budget reality, not the best at anything.

foxtrotalpha.jalopnik.com/top-gu I'mn-day-special-the-super-tomcat-that-was-never-bu-1575814142

All that was was the upgrading to the existing F-14D and upgrading the F-14B to the same specs. Things like the F-110 engine didn't exist at the time and wouldn't for the next 10 to 20 years. IN reality, making those upgrades (the ones that were available at the time) was already done to the F-14D. Your article is something like Luft46.

The facts remain that the B models were long on the tooth and the D was too expensive for the time. Meanwhile, a cheaper alternative of super sizing the Bug was realized. You may wish to stop just making it up as you go.

BTW if libs win in Canada F-35 sales to them are toast......Australia may not be far behind

The only thing remarkable in General Hostage’s assessment of the F-35 is that anyone should find his comments remarkable. It is refreshing that the head of the USAF’s Air Combat Command should make such frank remarks.

He is right on the money. The F-35 is a bomb truck. It was designed by Lockheed to be inferior in every respect to the F-22. It was anticipated that the USAF would have a fleet of upwards of 800 F-22s to provide cover for the F-35. President Obama turned off the F-22 tap at just 170-airframes.

What was interesting, and went unnoticed or at least unmentioned in the media, was how the F-35 was transformed into a world-beating fighter with the cancelation of the F-22 contract.
The F-22 has an all-aspect stealth masking. The F-35’s stealth masking is frontal aspect only. Lockheed executives have defended that by saying that the F-35 is only intended to go in low, straight to the target, and straight
out again. It’s not a fighter. It’s a bomb truck.

let that cat out of the bag. The Russians already know that all they have to do to counter the F-35 is force it to manoeuvre and then it’s dead meat.

The Russians have also figured out that because the F-35 has no rear aspect stealth cloaking and because it lacks supercruise it will be easy to run down and kill as it attempts to egress hostile airspace.

Stealth technology is “perishable.” That assessment by American and Israeli defence planners appeared in Aviation Week last year. They maintained it would be countered within five years. Given the advances the Russians have made in sensor technology in both their aircraft and BVR missiles that’s probably accurate. Just Face It - The F-35 Is A “Bomb Truck”
Posted more than I should cause I know ya wont click the link and it destroys F-35 in every way possible.

manonthestreet; a comparison. F14BD / F15SE Thrust 54,000/58,000 Weight 43.600/31,700 Speed Mach 2+/Mach 2.5+
Svc Ceiling 50000+/60000+ Range 1600 nm/1800 nm Max Load 20,397 lbs / 23,000 Crew 2/2. There you go Buzz. The first number is the F14BD the second number is the F15SE. I admit the 14 was a terrific bird. You accuse me of dissing it and I have not done so. However, it cannot and never will be the equal of the Eagle. Secondly, I can read, much to your dismay. Third, try to act your age with grace and dignity. My point is the Eagle will carry us beyond today in tandum with the F22/F35 and will keep the MIG 29, which is the Russian threat for now, in check. Now I will ask you, Can you read or simply see red every time someone responds?
Try paragraphs - they're fun and easy!
It's really hard to read your stuff.

manonthestreet; a comparison.
F14BD / F15SE Thrust 54,000/58,000 Weight 43.600/31,700
Speed Mach 2+/Mach 2.5+
Svc Ceiling 50000+/60000+
Range 1600 nm/1800 nm
Max Load 20,397 lbs / 23,000
Crew 2/2.
There you go Buzz. The first number is the F14BD the second number is the F15SE.

I admit the 14 was a terrific bird. You accuse me of dissing it and I have not done so. However, it cannot and never will be the equal of the Eagle.
Secondly, I can read, much to your dismay.
Third, try to act your age with grace and dignity.

My point is the Eagle will carry us beyond today in tandum with the F22/F35 and will keep the MIG 29, which is the Russian threat for now, in check.

Now I will ask you, Can you read or simply see red every time someone responds?

This is for IBD, a gold member down New Zealand way, way down. If you are reading this post you have already seen how the post was originally written. So, your comment, while true, is in error. Anyhow, KIWI, nice talking to you. Have a nice summer.
Yes, and I find your style very difficult to follow.
The paragraphed version was my suggestion to make it easier to read.

Upgraded future versions of the Lockheed Martin F-35 Joint Strike Fighter could replace the stealthy jet’s Pratt & Whitney F135 turbofan with a new adaptive cycle engine. The current F135 engine is at the limits of its capabilities and can’t push the jet out to the outer edges of its airframes capabilities—especially at low speeds.
Basically, the F-35 airframe gets too hot at lower flight levels because of the limitations of the F135—which has to run at high temperatures to generate maximum power. The F135 generates 28,000 lbs of thrust normally, but produces over 43,000 lbs of thrust with the afterburner engaged. “Today the F-35 has flight restrictions at low altitude because of thermal management,” an industry source told The National Interest. F-35 Needs a Bigger, More Powerful Engine

under powered to boot.......

What is the message for Canada when America's two main customers for the F-35 - the US Air Force and the US Navy - are already voicing complaints about the inadequacies of the warplane and clamouring for another warplane to take its place? Bear in mind that these latest complaints - the inadequate weapons load and the obsolescence of the F-35's stealth cloaking - are just two of the recognized drawbacks. Add to that, when the F-35 does run into the opposition, its limited fuel load and lack of supercruise could leave it at the mercy of modern fighter interceptors except they're not likely to be very merciful. The Disaffected Lib: The F-35 Also Comes Up Short in the Eyes of the US Navy

Inferior in almost every way.....but dont worry magic happens.....thats your arguement. Specs dont lie......they are cold hard facts.

What is the message for Canada when America's two main customers for the F-35 - the US Air Force and the US Navy - are already voicing complaints about the inadequacies of the warplane and clamouring for another warplane to take its place? Bear in mind that these latest complaints - the inadequate weapons load and the obsolescence of the F-35's stealth cloaking - are just two of the recognized drawbacks. Add to that, when the F-35 does run into the opposition, its limited fuel load and lack of supercruise could leave it at the mercy of modern fighter interceptors except they're not likely to be very merciful. The Disaffected Lib: The F-35 Also Comes Up Short in the Eyes of the US Navy

So you pick a cite from over a year ago that was compiled from 3 to 4 years before that and present it as fact today. I can imagine you played the same cards over the F-22. Many did. Today, the F-22 is completely invisible to the Russian S-300 and soon to be coming online S-400 radar. The SU-30 can't see it either. Since the SU-35 is based on the SU-30 then there is no help there either.

Canada may or may not buy the F-35. I guess your host country is just too poor to afford things. Guess I am more fortunate.

We wont be able to afford it either......It wasnt designed to kill the enemy,,,it was designed to kill our fighter capability.......Cant wait to have just a bomb truck as our only "fighter",,,,,,

The F-35 cannot out perform the F-16

Leaked F-35 Report Confirms Serious Air Combat Deficiencies

--------------------------------------------

Upgrade, flight control and computer software problems ; as well as unreliable components.

Pentagon: Here are all the problems with the F-35 - Business Insider

--------------------------------------------------------------------

My bet is, and will always be........ on the F/A-18

1280px-RAAF_%28A44-222%29_FA_18F_Super_Hornet_landing.jpg

Long live the F/A-18 Super Hornet.

Shadow 355

Forum List

Back