F35 - superfighter or lame duck?

even aircraft carriers themselves are obsolete as they have no means to shoot down 100 or more anti ship missiles simultaneously.

Carve it in stone

Carrier battle groups carry roughly three times as many anti missile missiles as that.
Not all loaded for release in one single second and if needed a real enemy could launch 1000 simultaneously. Seriously russia does not rely on carriers for this reason as they have only 1.

And there is approximately no chance the launch platforms for 100 missiles would manage to get within range of a U.S. carrier in war time. The entire reason for the F-14 Tomcat and Pheonix missiles was built around intercepting Soviet bombers before they could launch.

They wouldn't even have to be shot down. If Soviet bombers detected missiles locking onto them they would jettison their missiles in order to be able to take evasive action.

1.7 miles per second. No carrier has a lifespan over an hour

And what makes you think the Russians are telling the truth? They have a long history of making extravagant claims about weapons systems and other technologies that have no basis in reality. Russia isn't like the U.S. where entire legions of congressional and media critics line up to hold people accountable for weapons systems claims.
Because we have basically the same stuff. The fact is that a carrier is only effective against a third world country like Afghanistan. The last credible threat to any carrier was japan in ww2

Then why is china building them?
To take over third world countries and hong kong and taiwan perhaps.

Partially. But it is also a truism that aircraft carriers project power like nothing else on earth. And guess what, there are already hypersonic missile interceptors out there. Have been for a long time. And they are very, very effective. One of them is tested by shooting down artillery shells.
Exactly so if you can shoot down a rocket or shell you can not miss a carrier.

How would a carrier attack Russia or China?

U.S. supercarriers are proven able to survive and continue operations when hit by as many as six anti ship missiles.
No carrier has been attacked since WW2, at that time Japan used everything it had to sink them. Today an enemy would launch 100 to 1000 anti ship missiles all arriving within a simultaneous ten second window if needed. So since no carrier can survive this then no carrier can attack an enemy with these missiles making the carrier USELESS in a modern conflict

That's quite a fantasy scenario you have come up with
Not my scenario kid

But you can prove me wrong by describing the last credible threat to a US carrier since WW2.

Yawning

What was that junior? You keep talking about your mythical 1000 missile time on target barrage, and then ask me to give you the last time there was a credible threat against a US carrier battle group..... I think you just proved my point.

Kid.
So in your delusion anti ship missiles are mythical.

Okeedokee

No, kiddo, your thousand arriving at the same time is what is mythical.
How would a carrier group respond to that situation?

Well that's obvious, by sinking

This is why Russia does not rely on obsolete carriers

Like I said, squirt, your mythological attack won't happen. The chinese don't have enough missiles for even a tenth of your supposed assault.

Stop playing those war games, they warp your thinking junior.

But the threats to the carrier are mounting, experts say. With the advent of ground-launched hypersonic missiles, it’s a matter of time before air-launched hypersonic missiles present a nearly insurmountable threat, barring a significant development to counter them.
“I think what King’s comments reflect is that he sees the vulnerability of the aircraft carrier only getting worse,” said Bryan Clark, a retired submarine officer and analyst with the Center for Strategic and Budgetary Assessments. “Specifically, maybe not so much these kind of boost-glide weapons, but its more about cruise missiles that are hypersonic — air-launched perhaps.

‘The Carrier is Vulnerable and Obsolete’ according to 100 years worth of military journals
Air launched missiles always have less range than carrier launched fighters. Hawkeyes will spot the missile carriers long before they are in range and carrier fighter will kill then before they can launch their cargos. This will only happen in a war and the US Navy isn't stupid enough to blindly sail into range of Chinese missiles. The USN and USAF have weapons that can obliterate fixed launchers and the sandbar airfields long before US forces need to enter their range.
No need for air launched missiles as the carrier must get within 500 miles of the target and land based missiles work at far greater ranges than that. Making the carrier obsolete

The F-35C is coming online now. I don't have the exact figures. But let's take a look at their range loaded with internal weapons. This includes Air to Ground Missiles.

1367 miles without external fuel. Now add two external fuel tanks and before it gets into range, have it meet a tanker to top if off and have it meet a tanker on the way out. Let's do a scenario.

The F-35C launches with a full load of internal and external stores. He launches with very little fuel. He meets a Tanker right after launch which tops him off. He's loaded out with two Aim-9Xs and four Aim-120s as well as a mix of the following stores.

Some of these have a 1000 mile range and are self autonamous.

The range of the loaded F-35C is now at least 2000 miles. That means he has to get within 1000 miles of his intended target to make it home. The carrier can lessen that by closing. So let's say, the F-35C only has to do a 750 mile return flight with air refueling. But he can extend that by multiple air refuelings. That puts the Carrier out of range for attack. And if you try and come without 1000 miles you are going to run into a hornets nest of support ships and ECM birds.

If the Chinese want at the carriers, it's going to be a bloody fight in and a bloody fight out. Chances are, there will be a high presence of USAF involved as well with the F-22 and their refueling force and AWACs. And don't sell the F-18s short either. The Chinese will be greatly outnumber in both air assets and naval ships. Entire Corridors are going to be created where the B-2 and B-1s can do their magic.

I can't see ANY logic, other than population control, that would drive China into such an insane move.
A fully fueled and armed F35 can not take off vertical as it was intended making the jet a total failure which is why we intended to sell it to Turkey so the Russians could tale the pile of krap apart to learn how not to build a real jet.

Number of nations sold the F22

One, the USA

If you have ever seen a F-35B fully loaded take off, he takes off using both runway and his lift engine to get into the air and get his airspeed up as quickly as possible. And then he meets a tanker whether it be a F-18 configured for as a refueler or any number of refuelers. The same goes for the F-35C and A which can take off in REAL Monster mode carrying more ordinance than a F-16 or a F-18 ever dreamed of. And carry it twice as far. The F-35C used the space that the B used for it's lift fans and drive for fuel making it a very long combat ranged bird. And it's coming online as I type this in numbers. They don't have to get the carrier anywhere close to send even the F-18E/F/Gs since they can refuel them on the way in and on the way out.

As for the Russians being able to take the F-35 apart, their SU and Migs sold to various countries aren't doing such a hot job when the F-35A Recons are taking pictures almost directly over their runways completely undetected. You have to see it to shoot it down. If you don't believe me, ask the Iranians that are complaining about the Israelis overflights over Iran.
Totally wrong. Why? Because in any emergency scramble into the air incident and those are the ones that matter there is no tanker waiting to refuel the piece of shit f35. In such a situation you must get into the air fully fueled and armed which makes vertical takeoff impossible. LOL the F35 is the jet that was supposed to take off like a helicopter but that takes off like a jet, it never should have been built. From what I read the Eurofighter Typhoon is flying circles around the f35

If you know anything about the Naval Procedures, they keep X number of Tankers in the air, X number of tankers on alert status 24/7. And can generate more when needed. And a monster loaded F-35B will NEVER be able to take off in hover mode. But he can take off in STOVL mode. And the requirements of both the A and the C are to be able to take off in Stovol mode in monster mode at all times. Granted, a Tanker will have to be met but I think the Navy and the AF can meet that requirement with the tankers better than any other nation on the face of the earth. I don't know about if it's better than the planet you come from so I won't comment on that.

As for the Typhoon flying circles around the F-35, how about a cite on that one. Just because you say so isn't reason enough for the rest of us to believe it.
Dude there is no naval procedure keeping tankers in the air all the time around a carrier. 24 hours a day in all weather even while the ship is moving to a new destination. LOL also how much more range than the fighter do you think a carrier tanker has? But it's all irrelevant when hundreds of anti ship missiles arrive skimming the surface
You and your impossible, stupid hundreds of anti-ship missiles. Where do they come from? Carriers aren’t going to come into their range until the defenses have been reduced by air and submarine launched cruise missiles.
..from his PC game..there are THOUSANDS of missiles
hahahahahhahaahahhahaah
So your claim is that China has less than 1000 missiles.

Well you never were really smart but at this point your brain is struggling to figure out how to breath
you're too young to remember Missile Command arcade game
THOUSANDS of missiles
hahahhahahahahahahhahahaha
View attachment 412514
Actually I remember Pong and Asteroids.

And I know that this is not relevant now as you do not seem to understand

On the morning of June 23, 2014, an F-35 burst into flames just moments before its pilot was set to take off on a routine training mission. He heard a loud bang and felt the engine slow as warning indicators began flashing “fire” and other alerts signaled that systems in the plane were shutting down. Witnesses at Eglin Air Force Base near Pensacola, Fla., reported seeing the pilot escape from the cockpit and run away from the fighter jet, which was engulfed in thick plumes of black smoke. It was the first major mishap involving a F-35 Joint Strike Fighter, and it couldn’t have happened at a worse time.
In less than a month, the F-35, America’s high-profile next-generation fighter jet, was poised to make its international debut in Britain at Farnborough Airshow, the second-largest event of its kind in the world. Officials from the Pentagon and the aircraft’s manufacturer, Lockheed Martin, had eagerly anticipated the opportunity to show off a working, flying F-35 after a decade of delays and spiraling cost overruns.
The F-35 initiative is the Defense Department’s most expensive weapons program ever, expected to cost taxpayers more than $1 trillion over its 60-year lifespan. It’s also the United States military’s most ambitious international partnership, with eight other nations investing in the aircraft’s development. Its advocates promised that the jet would be a game-changing force in the future of war — so much was riding on its success that a program cancellation was not an option. And yet for years it seemed as if the F-35 might never make it beyond its development phase.
Christopher Bogdan, the Air Force lieutenant general in charge of the program at the time of the fire, received a call about the incident within the hour. His first reaction was relief that it had been detected before takeoff, a stroke of good fortune that allowed the pilot to escape uninjured. “If that engine problem would have occurred 30 seconds, 60 seconds, two minutes later, that airplane would have been airborne,” Bogdan said in a recent interview. “Heaven knows what could have happened then.”

An investigation of the incident determined that a fan blade in the jet’s engine had overheated from friction and cracked, throwing off fragments of metal that punched through the fuselage, severed hydraulic and fuel lines and ignited a spray of jet fuel. Officials couldn’t guarantee that other F-35s wouldn’t have the same problem, and they didn’t want to risk a potentially catastrophic fire during a trans-Atlantic flight. The F-35 never made it to Farnborough that year, and the public-relations coup that Pentagon and Lockheed officials had hoped for turned into another round of ammunition for the plane’s critics.

It was one more bad news story for a controversial program that had been dogged by bad news.

Slowly, though, the program and its reputation have improved over the ensuing five years. Lockheed has now delivered more than 400 planes to American and foreign militaries, and the unit cost per aircraft has dropped significantly. In 2018, the F-35 completed its first combat operation for the Marine Corps in Afghanistan. The Air Force used it for airstrikes in Iraq about six months later. Later this year or in early 2020, the F-35 will go into full-rate production, with Lockheed expected to churn out 130 to 160 or more planes per year, a huge step up from the 91 planes delivered in 2018. That production milestone will be a symbolic turning point for the program, evidence that major problems that plagued the Joint Strike Fighter in the past are now history.

I was with the F-15 in the very beginning. The plight of the F-15 was very similar to the F-35. In fact, they really didn't get it ironed out until the F-15C was fully introduced and the F-15As were upgraded to the C. And unlike the F-35 with no pilot deaths due to the AC, the F-15 had pilot deaths.
Was the F15 literally made in Japan like the F35 is?
Both the F-15J and F-15DJ are both built by Mitsubishi in Japan.

How Japan might the military force toss back out of intermission behind WW II.

even aircraft carriers themselves are obsolete as they have no means to shoot down 100 or more anti ship missiles simultaneously.

Carve it in stone

Carrier battle groups carry roughly three times as many anti missile missiles as that.
Not all loaded for release in one single second and if needed a real enemy could launch 1000 simultaneously. Seriously russia does not rely on carriers for this reason as they have only 1.

And there is approximately no chance the launch platforms for 100 missiles would manage to get within range of a U.S. carrier in war time. The entire reason for the F-14 Tomcat and Pheonix missiles was built around intercepting Soviet bombers before they could launch.

They wouldn't even have to be shot down. If Soviet bombers detected missiles locking onto them they would jettison their missiles in order to be able to take evasive action.

1.7 miles per second. No carrier has a lifespan over an hour

And what makes you think the Russians are telling the truth? They have a long history of making extravagant claims about weapons systems and other technologies that have no basis in reality. Russia isn't like the U.S. where entire legions of congressional and media critics line up to hold people accountable for weapons systems claims.
Because we have basically the same stuff. The fact is that a carrier is only effective against a third world country like Afghanistan. The last credible threat to any carrier was japan in ww2

Then why is china building them?
To take over third world countries and hong kong and taiwan perhaps.

Partially. But it is also a truism that aircraft carriers project power like nothing else on earth. And guess what, there are already hypersonic missile interceptors out there. Have been for a long time. And they are very, very effective. One of them is tested by shooting down artillery shells.
Exactly so if you can shoot down a rocket or shell you can not miss a carrier.

How would a carrier attack Russia or China?

U.S. supercarriers are proven able to survive and continue operations when hit by as many as six anti ship missiles.
No carrier has been attacked since WW2, at that time Japan used everything it had to sink them. Today an enemy would launch 100 to 1000 anti ship missiles all arriving within a simultaneous ten second window if needed. So since no carrier can survive this then no carrier can attack an enemy with these missiles making the carrier USELESS in a modern conflict

That's quite a fantasy scenario you have come up with
Not my scenario kid

But you can prove me wrong by describing the last credible threat to a US carrier since WW2.

Yawning

What was that junior? You keep talking about your mythical 1000 missile time on target barrage, and then ask me to give you the last time there was a credible threat against a US carrier battle group..... I think you just proved my point.

Kid.
So in your delusion anti ship missiles are mythical.

Okeedokee

No, kiddo, your thousand arriving at the same time is what is mythical.
How would a carrier group respond to that situation?

Well that's obvious, by sinking

This is why Russia does not rely on obsolete carriers

Like I said, squirt, your mythological attack won't happen. The chinese don't have enough missiles for even a tenth of your supposed assault.

Stop playing those war games, they warp your thinking junior.

But the threats to the carrier are mounting, experts say. With the advent of ground-launched hypersonic missiles, it’s a matter of time before air-launched hypersonic missiles present a nearly insurmountable threat, barring a significant development to counter them.
“I think what King’s comments reflect is that he sees the vulnerability of the aircraft carrier only getting worse,” said Bryan Clark, a retired submarine officer and analyst with the Center for Strategic and Budgetary Assessments. “Specifically, maybe not so much these kind of boost-glide weapons, but its more about cruise missiles that are hypersonic — air-launched perhaps.

‘The Carrier is Vulnerable and Obsolete’ according to 100 years worth of military journals
Air launched missiles always have less range than carrier launched fighters. Hawkeyes will spot the missile carriers long before they are in range and carrier fighter will kill then before they can launch their cargos. This will only happen in a war and the US Navy isn't stupid enough to blindly sail into range of Chinese missiles. The USN and USAF have weapons that can obliterate fixed launchers and the sandbar airfields long before US forces need to enter their range.
No need for air launched missiles as the carrier must get within 500 miles of the target and land based missiles work at far greater ranges than that. Making the carrier obsolete

The F-35C is coming online now. I don't have the exact figures. But let's take a look at their range loaded with internal weapons. This includes Air to Ground Missiles.

1367 miles without external fuel. Now add two external fuel tanks and before it gets into range, have it meet a tanker to top if off and have it meet a tanker on the way out. Let's do a scenario.

The F-35C launches with a full load of internal and external stores. He launches with very little fuel. He meets a Tanker right after launch which tops him off. He's loaded out with two Aim-9Xs and four Aim-120s as well as a mix of the following stores.

Some of these have a 1000 mile range and are self autonamous.

The range of the loaded F-35C is now at least 2000 miles. That means he has to get within 1000 miles of his intended target to make it home. The carrier can lessen that by closing. So let's say, the F-35C only has to do a 750 mile return flight with air refueling. But he can extend that by multiple air refuelings. That puts the Carrier out of range for attack. And if you try and come without 1000 miles you are going to run into a hornets nest of support ships and ECM birds.

If the Chinese want at the carriers, it's going to be a bloody fight in and a bloody fight out. Chances are, there will be a high presence of USAF involved as well with the F-22 and their refueling force and AWACs. And don't sell the F-18s short either. The Chinese will be greatly outnumber in both air assets and naval ships. Entire Corridors are going to be created where the B-2 and B-1s can do their magic.

I can't see ANY logic, other than population control, that would drive China into such an insane move.
A fully fueled and armed F35 can not take off vertical as it was intended making the jet a total failure which is why we intended to sell it to Turkey so the Russians could tale the pile of krap apart to learn how not to build a real jet.

Number of nations sold the F22

One, the USA

If you have ever seen a F-35B fully loaded take off, he takes off using both runway and his lift engine to get into the air and get his airspeed up as quickly as possible. And then he meets a tanker whether it be a F-18 configured for as a refueler or any number of refuelers. The same goes for the F-35C and A which can take off in REAL Monster mode carrying more ordinance than a F-16 or a F-18 ever dreamed of. And carry it twice as far. The F-35C used the space that the B used for it's lift fans and drive for fuel making it a very long combat ranged bird. And it's coming online as I type this in numbers. They don't have to get the carrier anywhere close to send even the F-18E/F/Gs since they can refuel them on the way in and on the way out.

As for the Russians being able to take the F-35 apart, their SU and Migs sold to various countries aren't doing such a hot job when the F-35A Recons are taking pictures almost directly over their runways completely undetected. You have to see it to shoot it down. If you don't believe me, ask the Iranians that are complaining about the Israelis overflights over Iran.
Totally wrong. Why? Because in any emergency scramble into the air incident and those are the ones that matter there is no tanker waiting to refuel the piece of shit f35. In such a situation you must get into the air fully fueled and armed which makes vertical takeoff impossible. LOL the F35 is the jet that was supposed to take off like a helicopter but that takes off like a jet, it never should have been built. From what I read the Eurofighter Typhoon is flying circles around the f35

If you know anything about the Naval Procedures, they keep X number of Tankers in the air, X number of tankers on alert status 24/7. And can generate more when needed. And a monster loaded F-35B will NEVER be able to take off in hover mode. But he can take off in STOVL mode. And the requirements of both the A and the C are to be able to take off in Stovol mode in monster mode at all times. Granted, a Tanker will have to be met but I think the Navy and the AF can meet that requirement with the tankers better than any other nation on the face of the earth. I don't know about if it's better than the planet you come from so I won't comment on that.

As for the Typhoon flying circles around the F-35, how about a cite on that one. Just because you say so isn't reason enough for the rest of us to believe it.
Dude there is no naval procedure keeping tankers in the air all the time around a carrier. 24 hours a day in all weather even while the ship is moving to a new destination. LOL also how much more range than the fighter do you think a carrier tanker has? But it's all irrelevant when hundreds of anti ship missiles arrive skimming the surface
You and your impossible, stupid hundreds of anti-ship missiles. Where do they come from? Carriers aren’t going to come into their range until the defenses have been reduced by air and submarine launched cruise missiles.
..from his PC game..there are THOUSANDS of missiles
hahahahahhahaahahhahaah
So your claim is that China has less than 1000 missiles.

Well you never were really smart but at this point your brain is struggling to figure out how to breath
you're too young to remember Missile Command arcade game
THOUSANDS of missiles
hahahhahahahahahahhahahaha
View attachment 412514
Actually I remember Pong and Asteroids.

And I know that this is not relevant now as you do not seem to understand

On the morning of June 23, 2014, an F-35 burst into flames just moments before its pilot was set to take off on a routine training mission. He heard a loud bang and felt the engine slow as warning indicators began flashing “fire” and other alerts signaled that systems in the plane were shutting down. Witnesses at Eglin Air Force Base near Pensacola, Fla., reported seeing the pilot escape from the cockpit and run away from the fighter jet, which was engulfed in thick plumes of black smoke. It was the first major mishap involving a F-35 Joint Strike Fighter, and it couldn’t have happened at a worse time.
In less than a month, the F-35, America’s high-profile next-generation fighter jet, was poised to make its international debut in Britain at Farnborough Airshow, the second-largest event of its kind in the world. Officials from the Pentagon and the aircraft’s manufacturer, Lockheed Martin, had eagerly anticipated the opportunity to show off a working, flying F-35 after a decade of delays and spiraling cost overruns.
The F-35 initiative is the Defense Department’s most expensive weapons program ever, expected to cost taxpayers more than $1 trillion over its 60-year lifespan. It’s also the United States military’s most ambitious international partnership, with eight other nations investing in the aircraft’s development. Its advocates promised that the jet would be a game-changing force in the future of war — so much was riding on its success that a program cancellation was not an option. And yet for years it seemed as if the F-35 might never make it beyond its development phase.
Christopher Bogdan, the Air Force lieutenant general in charge of the program at the time of the fire, received a call about the incident within the hour. His first reaction was relief that it had been detected before takeoff, a stroke of good fortune that allowed the pilot to escape uninjured. “If that engine problem would have occurred 30 seconds, 60 seconds, two minutes later, that airplane would have been airborne,” Bogdan said in a recent interview. “Heaven knows what could have happened then.”

An investigation of the incident determined that a fan blade in the jet’s engine had overheated from friction and cracked, throwing off fragments of metal that punched through the fuselage, severed hydraulic and fuel lines and ignited a spray of jet fuel. Officials couldn’t guarantee that other F-35s wouldn’t have the same problem, and they didn’t want to risk a potentially catastrophic fire during a trans-Atlantic flight. The F-35 never made it to Farnborough that year, and the public-relations coup that Pentagon and Lockheed officials had hoped for turned into another round of ammunition for the plane’s critics.

It was one more bad news story for a controversial program that had been dogged by bad news.

Slowly, though, the program and its reputation have improved over the ensuing five years. Lockheed has now delivered more than 400 planes to American and foreign militaries, and the unit cost per aircraft has dropped significantly. In 2018, the F-35 completed its first combat operation for the Marine Corps in Afghanistan. The Air Force used it for airstrikes in Iraq about six months later. Later this year or in early 2020, the F-35 will go into full-rate production, with Lockheed expected to churn out 130 to 160 or more planes per year, a huge step up from the 91 planes delivered in 2018. That production milestone will be a symbolic turning point for the program, evidence that major problems that plagued the Joint Strike Fighter in the past are now history.

I was with the F-15 in the very beginning. The plight of the F-15 was very similar to the F-35. In fact, they really didn't get it ironed out until the F-15C was fully introduced and the F-15As were upgraded to the C. And unlike the F-35 with no pilot deaths due to the AC, the F-15 had pilot deaths.
Was the F15 literally made in Japan like the F35 is?
Both the F-15J and F-15DJ are both built by Mitsubishi in Japan.
Mitsubishi also has shipyards in Nagasaki

japanese_midget_submarine_1945_4.jpg

In your mind the F35 is a great jet, but when the Pentagon says that the toy plane has hundreds of faults that they can not fix it becomes a hunk of junk. Perhaps the Pentagon is hoping that Toyota or Honda can fix the problems

the carrier is a fucking bullseye visible from space 24 hours a day.

Oh sure. from those 10,000 Chinese and Russian satellites you claim are orbiting the Earth.

Sure.

It's a FUGE ocean out there.

esalla makes what I've heard called "the Star Trek mistake". esalla thinks that something like a satellite orbiting the Earth can simply be told to "scan for aircraft carriers" or something to that effect and almost instantly be able to detect any reasonably sized object on the Earth's surface.

In reality, while a satellite technically "can" detect almost any object on the surface of the Earth....it has to no where to look first. No satellite or combination of satellites ever built can sweep hundreds of thousands of square miles nearly instantly and get results. Looking for an object on the surface of the Earth is difficult enough when it is in a fixed location. It gets even more difficult when the object is moving. And a carrier will typically move at least in a 600 mile radius every day.
good analogy ..on Star Trek, they could find specific humans

Even then, it took the Enterprise hours and days to scan the entire planet with their sooper dooper scanners. Trying to find a Carrier in the middle of the Pacific is difficult enough if you know where it was but to find it when it puts on the power at 35kts or more and doesn't go in a straight line is almost impossible. It's a really, really big ocean.
They never actually have to look for the carrier now because it is always visible from the moment it leaves the base and before.

Why are you clowns babbling about Star Trek

Jesus you are all infants

hahahhahahahahha ''all infants''' hahahahhahah
....we were mistaken..we thought you played only Missile Command...now we know you play Star Trek
hahahahahah
you are the one playing games in your parents' basement
You are the noise

Now do you have any comments on the made in japan F-35 Lightning

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Flown by Hirohito Jr
THOUSANDS of missiles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hahahahahhahahahahahahh
Exactly China alone has thousands of missiles of various sizes, many in an attack would be dummies anyway clearing the way for the real warheads. You do understand the concept right?

No real need to even sink a carrier as just poking a hole in one will force retreat to which no other carrier would dare replace

No comment on made in Japan F35's

Actually, a 100,000 ton ship is barely going to even notice a hole poked in its hull. Much less be forced to retreat.
LOL you think that Chinese DF-21 won't make a big enough hole to sink the carrier

h_52184355.jpg

No chance.
LOL no chance that a 250 or 500 kt nuke warhead would poke a big enough hole to sink a carrier

OKEEDOKEE

Should we have all F35's built in Japan now?
The second China uses a nuke on a American warship, the USA launches hundreds of ICBMs carrying multiple warheads. Less than thirty minutes later China ceases to exist.
Wrong because the reason to use the anti ship missile is because the carrier attacked China. That said since the carrier is no longer a first strike weapon that can survive, it no longer has a purpose.

Unless the USA attacks camels again.

I assume that you also know that China launches their nukes against America and America no longer exist as well, Then Russia takes over both

Great plan

Last edited:

Oh sure. from those 10,000 Chinese and Russian satellites you claim are orbiting the Earth.

Sure.

esalla makes what I've heard called "the Star Trek mistake". esalla thinks that something like a satellite orbiting the Earth can simply be told to "scan for aircraft carriers" or something to that effect and almost instantly be able to detect any reasonably sized object on the Earth's surface.

In reality, while a satellite technically "can" detect almost any object on the surface of the Earth....it has to no where to look first. No satellite or combination of satellites ever built can sweep hundreds of thousands of square miles nearly instantly and get results. Looking for an object on the surface of the Earth is difficult enough when it is in a fixed location. It gets even more difficult when the object is moving. And a carrier will typically move at least in a 600 mile radius every day.

Even then, it took the Enterprise hours and days to scan the entire planet with their sooper dooper scanners. Trying to find a Carrier in the middle of the Pacific is difficult enough if you know where it was but to find it when it puts on the power at 35kts or more and doesn't go in a straight line is almost impossible. It's a really, really big ocean.
They never actually have to look for the carrier now because it is always visible from the moment it leaves the base and before.

....we were mistaken..we thought you played only Missile Command...now we know you play Star Trek
hahahahahah
You are the noise

Flown by Hirohito Jr
hahahahahhahahahahahahh
Exactly China alone has thousands of missiles of various sizes, many in an attack would be dummies anyway clearing the way for the real warheads. You do understand the concept right?

No real need to even sink a carrier as just poking a hole in one will force retreat to which no other carrier would dare replace

Actually, a 100,000 ton ship is barely going to even notice a hole poked in its hull. Much less be forced to retreat.
LOL you think that Chinese DF-21 won't make a big enough hole to sink the carrier

h_52184355.jpg
fake---dummies like rubber tanks
No real missiles with no warhead, they would take up the time and tracking mechanisms so the real warheads get thru

Dude is your entire life trapped in WW2

Wake up
do they have THOUSANDS of them like in Missile Command?
Yea both the Chinese and Russians both have thousands of missiles.

Must all of your references mention the games that you play?
all THOUSANDS of them will be aimed at ONE carrier ---HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
Could be, the real number will never be known because sunk ships do not count

Sure.

hahahahahah
You are the noise

Flown by Hirohito Jr
hahahahahhahahahahahahh

h_52184355.jpg
No real missiles with no warhead, they would take up the time and tracking mechanisms so the real warheads get thru

Wake up

I think I have had enough of your nonsense, Troll. Time to thin out the Gene Pool. Have a nice day.

Sure.

hahahahahah
You are the noise

Flown by Hirohito Jr
hahahahahhahahahahahahh

h_52184355.jpg

Wake up

I think I have had enough of your nonsense, Troll. Time to thin out the Gene Pool. Have a nice day.
So now that you know that the F35 is made in Japan and can't even target an enemy you are frustrated.

I understand

Sure.

And you're an URDHA.

Want a non Star Trek reference that you might can understand? No problem.

Detecting something like a carrier from satellites is like if you are in the press box at an NFL game with 80,000 fans. You are handed a state of the art pair of binoculars and a good picture of a man nearly seven feet tall, roughly 300 lbs., and wearing a bright orange coat. It short he is distinctive and obvious as hell.

You are given the section, row number, and seat number where he is sitting and told to find him. Could you find him? Sure, probably in a few seconds.

But, real life satellite surveillance is NOT like that. Instead you're given only the section number where the man is. A section has around 10,000 people total. And the man you're trying to find also knows you are trying to find him and he is free to move as necessary to evade detection within that section (area of the ocean). Plus the man you're trying to find knows the general pattern of how you'll be searching for him (because satellite paths are predictable). Finally the man in question has control over more than two dozen other people in that section whom he can move at will to help him avoid detection (the other ships in a carrier battle group along with nearby merchant shipping).

How quickly do you think you'll find the man in that section then? Sure, you might get lucky and find him quickly. More than likely you won't find him at all. Even if there are a bunch of you with binoculars.

Let me guess! You never served in the military and are talking out of your ass? The stuff you are posting about satellites finding a carrier in the ocean would have been true in the 60s and 70s, but no longer. Infrared cameras, electronic surveillance, and other capabilities you cannot even fathom make it very easy to locate any ship on the surface.

Sure.

And you're an URDHA.

Detecting something like a carrier from satellites is like if you are in the press box at an NFL game with 80,000 fans. You are handed a state of the art pair of binoculars and a good picture of a man nearly seven feet tall, roughly 300 lbs., and wearing a bright orange coat. It short he is distinctive and obvious as hell.

You are given the section, row number, and seat number where he is sitting and told to find him. Could you find him? Sure, probably in a few seconds.

But, real life satellite surveillance is NOT like that. Instead you're given only the section number where the man is. A section has around 10,000 people total. And the man you're trying to find also knows you are trying to find him and he is free to move as necessary to evade detection within that section (area of the ocean). Plus the man you're trying to find knows the general pattern of how you'll be searching for him (because satellite paths are predictable). Finally the man in question has control over more than two dozen other people in that section whom he can move at will to help him avoid detection (the other ships in a carrier battle group along with nearby merchant shipping).

How quickly do you think you'll find the man in that section then? Sure, you might get lucky and find him quickly. More than likely you won't find him at all. Even if there are a bunch of you with binoculars.

Let me guess! You never served in the military and are talking out of your ass? The stuff you are posting about satellites finding a carrier in the ocean would have been true in the 60s and 70s, but no longer. Infrared cameras, electronic surveillance, and other capabilities you cannot even fathom make it very easy to locate any ship on the surface.

You can't use electronic surveillance if there is nothing to surveil. I assume you've heard of "emissions control".

Sure.

And you're an URDHA.

You can't use electronic surveillance if there is nothing to surveil. I assume you've heard of "emissions control".

Do you have any idea how difficult that is to maintain? Every tried landing an F-18 under EMCON? Maintain ship formation? Talking out of your ass again?

Sure.

And you're an URDHA.

Do you have any idea how difficult that is to maintain? Every tried landing an F-18 under EMCON? Maintain ship formation? Talking out of your ass again?

It's been done before. Remember the 1981 NATO exercise where a massive fleet traveled all the way from the U.S. to cross the GIUK gap and conducted constant flight operations coordinating 83 ships from four different nations under EMCON conditions.

Sure.

And you're an URDHA.

It's been done before. Remember the 1981 NATO exercise where a massive fleet traveled all the way from the U.S. to cross the GIUK gap and conducted constant flight operations coordinating 83 ships from four different nations under EMCON conditions.
1981 was 40 years ago. Why do you keep quoting the long distant past as if it is the present.

Sure.

And you're an URDHA.

Dude they can scan an entire ocean every day more than once, and the satellites are not tracking emissions.

Are you from Earth?

Sure.

hahahahahah
You are the noise

Flown by Hirohito Jr
hahahahahhahahahahahahh

h_52184355.jpg

No chance.
LOL no chance that a 250 or 500 kt nuke warhead would poke a big enough hole to sink a carrier

I assumed that we were talking about conventional weapons only. Even a modest nuclear warhead wouldn't have to actually hit a carrier to destroy or disable it. Just detonating within a few miles would be sufficient.
Actually not.

But if we're talking about nuclear weapons the entire calculation has changed radically anyway.
A full scale war between two nuclear states is a nuclear war, you know.

Sure.

And you're an URDHA.

Dude they can scan an entire ocean every day more than once, and the satellites are not tracking emissions.

Are you from Earth?
The main problem with satellites is that the most of them are not going to survive first day of the war.

Sure.

And you're an URDHA.

Are you from Earth?
The main problem with satellites is that the most of them are not going to survive first day of the war.
What I am saying is that a carrier is useless as a first strike weapon because if it starts the war and attacks a modern enemy not using camels, such as China there will be no ship to land back on which makes the carrier useless as a first strike weapon, so why have them? Not all attacks will end in war, but any attack on China or Russia with a carrier will cause the loss of that carrier. So why have them, or are we going to take the fucking Sahara again bothering the locust eaters

Sure.

And you're an URDHA.

No. Were you there? I was on the United Effort-Northern Wedding Exercise in 1992. What was the name of the 1991 exercise, or you talking out of your ass again?

BTW. The 5M aero ballistic missile DF-17 with DF-ZF glider was first time spotted with H-6N.
It's 5M range is near 2500 clicks, they say. Some analysts suspect that the DZ-ZF will first be used in shorter-range roles as an anti-ship missile.
SAVE_20201108_220453.jpg

1981 was 40 years ago. Why do you keep quoting the long distant past as if it is the present.
[/QUOTE]

I knew you were going to ask that.

I bring up the 1981 exercise because due to it being detailed in a book about the U.S. Navy and at various other sources, I know more about the details of it than later exercises, though I do know the U.S. and allied navies did conduct similar exercises several years later (thought still in the 1980s).

The severely moribund nature of the Russian military in the 1990s made it utterly pointless to conduct such exercises.

Forum List

Back