F' that STUPID SHOW!

dmp said:
Baby I LOVE you - but you are SOOOOOOOOO wrong for that. :(

:-/

(sigh). And here I thought you were pefect?

weird.

:)
"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to dmp again."
Damn it

Abbey Normal said:
Every season there's one singer who sounds so much like Elmer Fudd, that I expect to hear the words "Silly Wabbit" at any moment. Daughtry was this year's Elmer. Glad to see him go, just for that.

I agree with Clay- Daughtry is a front man for a band guy, not pop singer material, which is what Idol is all about, no?

Whoever wins, they are light years better than Fantasia, at least.
Baby I LOVE you - you are SOOOOOOOOO right about that.

:D

(sigh). And here I thought you couldn't get any more pefect?

weird.

dmp said:
Baby I LOVE you - but you are SOOOOOOOOO wrong for that. :(

:-/

(sigh). And here I thought you were pefect?

weird.

:)
"You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later."
:bang3:

JOKER96BRAVO said:
"You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later."
:bang3:

You seem very excited by Daughtry. Can you say what it is about him that you like so much? Do you really like singers with that kind of warbly vibratto when holding out a note? Or is it that he is a rock guy, and his singing that genre is so pleasing that it means more that anything?

I felt a little like that about the Southern Rock guys that have ben on Idol, Bucky being the latest. I could overlook their shortcomings because I just enjoyed hearing that type of music over the usual Idol pap songs. But I always knew that they wouldn't make it as a Top 40-bound American Idol.

Abbey Normal said:
You seem very excited by Daughtry. Can you say what it is about him that you like so much? Do you really like singers with that kind of warbly vibratto when holding out a note? Or is it that he is a rock guy, and his singing that genre is so pleasing that it means more that anything?

I felt a little like that about the Southern Rock guys that have ben on Idol, Bucky being the latest. I could overlook their shortcomings because I just enjoyed hearing that type of music over the usual Idol pap songs. But I always knew that they wouldn't make it as a Top 40-bound American Idol.
I do like his music more than any other style but my personnel fav is metal.
I liked Chris because he was unique in a pleasing way to me. He stood out
in every possitive way, and he always set the bar for the other contestants
from the begining. He refused to comprimise as Simon said, and the people
loved it. I'll bet he sells more records than any other Idol has?

Abbey Normal said:

They don't do well in the format. Have you heard Bo Bice? It's so terrible. So, so terrible. And I kind of liked him on the show even.

JOKER96BRAVO said:
I do like his music more than any other style but my personnel fav is metal.
I liked Chris because he was unique in a pleasing way to me. He stood out
in every possitive way, and he always set the bar for the other contestants
from the begining. He refused to comprimise as Simon said, and the people
loved it. I'll bet he sells more records than any other Idol has?
Only if he gets a band. Otherwise, there's no way he'll beat Clarkson. He's just not solo artist material.

The ClayTaurus said:
Only if he gets a band. Otherwise, there's no way he'll beat Clarkson. He's just not solo artist material.
Clarkson doesn't even have the record, Carrie does (I think).
Still, he will sell more than the next Idol.

The ClayTaurus said:
They don't do well in the format. Have you heard Bo Bice? It's so terrible. So, so terrible. And I kind of liked him on the show even.

That's true about the format. I think perhaps the producers pick rockers for the top 20, or whetever, just to attract that audience too, but the deck is stacked against them.

I haven't heard Bice's CD. Is it really awful?

One of two things will happen...

1. He will join a band that is already established

or

2. He will hire a band and let them ride his coat tails.

Solo is not an option, and he will sell some records.

jillian said:
Country music hall of fame, yes?

Ahhhhhh...a country boy! Heh!
No, ANY music hall of fame.

From the country, yes. I can't stand country music.
I'm a metal head. :rock:

Forum List

Back