F***ing "A"!!!! Now they're after King Tut!

KarlMarx

May 9, 2004
OK....now I'm mad!!!!!!

As head of the USMB Department of Egyptology, I'm here to tell you that King Tut WAS NOT BLACK!!!!!!!

Get over it black people!!!!! He was an African but he was not black.... that's the way it is... (black pharaohs did not appear until Dynasty 26 when the Nubians took over the country)

And if these idiots are waiting for an apology.... I have a "was" sceptre for them to put up their you-know-what!!!!!

http://u.dailynews.com/Stories/0,1413,211~23523~2921859,00.html

KarlMarx said:
OK....now I'm mad!!!!!!

As head of the USMB Department of Egyptology, I'm here to tell you that King Tut WAS NOT BLACK!!!!!!!

Get over it black people!!!!! He was an African but he was not black.... that's the way it is... (black pharaohs did not appear until Dynasty 26 when the Nubians took over the country)

And if these idiots are waiting for an apology.... I have a "was" sceptre for them to put up their you-know-what!!!!!

the NAACP would be out of business if it weren't for it's continual racist rants.

"That's not good enough for the activists, who demonstrated peacefully before an opening reception Wednesday and planned to protest again at today's opening."

I'm glad to see that they are picking the important topics to protest. Never mind the problems with education, parenting, jobs, teen pregnancies, etc.

"Don't worry about going to school and getting an education; as long as we can say that King Tut was a brother, we'll be all right."

Well, having seen the King Tut exhibit in the 70's, I am really looking forwards to its return next year. I am miffed though that it won't be opening in Chicago until 5/31/06, meaning I will not be able to make a field trip out of it!

Kathianne said:
Well, having seen the King Tut exhibit in the 70's, I am really looking forwards to its return next year. I am miffed though that it won't be opening in Chicago until 5/31/06, meaning I will not be able to make a field trip out of it!
http://www.ashmol.ox.ac.uk/gri/4tut.html

great website on the Tut excavation.... exhaustive photographs of the tomb contents.... hope you enjoy it

KarlMarx said:
OK....now I'm mad!!!!!!

Damn there is a head of this department on this board...he wasn't black? was he brown or somewhere in-between...kinda like a grey area...geez all this time I thought he was possibly dark because sun screen hadn't been invented yet...what the hell do I know...after all I went into law enforecement cause I did not do well in pre-med...lol...like history,archaelogy though! :eek:

damn profiling !!!!--------just cause a dude has a bunch of gold all up in his grill, it don't make him a brutha !:afro:

Here's an interresting article that talks about how they chose the skin color. It also has a larger pic. which shows him to be a carmel color (for lack of a better word). He doesn't look typically white like the protesters are saying.

Also any reading on the subject will explain that the Egyptians and French knew who they were reconstructing and the US was kept in the dark. All of the reconstructions came out pretty similar apparently. Also, why would the Egyptians let him be "white washed" it's their history and they're proud of it. It looks to me like they're trying to be accurate.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2005/05/0510_051005_tutsface.html

Vignal deduced that Tutankhamun had a narrow nose, buck teeth, a receding chin, and Caucasian features. Such features are typical of European, North African, Middle Eastern, and Indian peoples.

Paris-based forensic sculptor Elisabeth Daynès then created the bust shown above. She used Vignal's estimates of skin thickness and other data, plus wooden sculptures of Tut made in his youth. Soft-tissue features, such as the nose and ears, had to be guessed at, though within a scientifically determined range. Daynès based the skin tone on an average shade of Egyptians today and added the eyeliner that the king would have worn in life

Some of the same people have long insisted that Jesus was black as well.

Trigg said:
Here's an interresting article that talks about how they chose the skin color. It also has a larger pic. which shows him to be a carmel color (for lack of a better word). He doesn't look typically white like the protesters are saying.

Also any reading on the subject will explain that the Egyptians and French knew who they were reconstructing and the US was kept in the dark. All of the reconstructions came out pretty similar apparently. Also, why would the Egyptians let him be "white washed" it's their history and they're proud of it. It looks to me like they're trying to be accurate.

Vignal deduced that Tutankhamun had a narrow nose, buck teeth, a receding chin, and Caucasian features. Such features are typical of European, North African, Middle Eastern, and Indian peoples.

Paris-based forensic sculptor Elisabeth Daynès then created the bust shown above. She used Vignal's estimates of skin thickness and other data, plus wooden sculptures of Tut made in his youth. Soft-tissue features, such as the nose and ears, had to be guessed at, though within a scientifically determined range. Daynès based the skin tone on an average shade of Egyptians today and added the eyeliner that the king would have worn in life

That's Barbara freekin Streisand!

Trigg said:

The image below is an example of one of the many images of King Tutankamen as a child that were found in his tomb. Note that the skin coloration is not as white as a European's nor as dark as a black person. Also, the features are not those of a black person, but more similar to those of an Arab or Northern African.

If anything is a true representation of the King, this is.

This episode just underscores the absolute ignorance of many of the people on the Left who make sweeping pronouncements about subjects of which they have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA WHATSOEVER of what they are talking about. Many of the people who are protesting this wouldn't know a mummy from a dummy and don't even know the first thing about Tutankhamen or what his significance is to Egyptian History.

Tutankhamen was a minor pharaoh who just happened to be buried in one of the few tombs that was not plundered. His father-in-law, Akhenaton, was one of the first monotheists in recorded history. Under Tutankhamen, the old gods of Egypt were restored. He was NOT buried in a pyramid, as some people believe, but in the Valley of the Kings, near modern day Luxor. His tomb is smaller than most people's apartments. Tutankhamen died at the age of 18 (some think murder, more likely as the result of an accident). He left no heir, so his wife was forced to marry a man much older than herself. With this turn of events, the 18th dynasty, the height of the ancient Egyptian New Kingdom came to an end.

P.S. Although, I have read quite a bit about the subject and know more about the subject than most people (I've been an Egyptophile since 1968), I'm an amateur and I admit it. Still, this subject does strike close to home and irks me to no end.

e178page15tutonlotus.jpg

KarlMarx said:
The image below is an example of one of the many images of King Tutankamen as a child that were found in his tomb. Note that the skin coloration is not as white as a European's nor as dark as a black person. Also, the features are not those of a black person, but more similar to those of an Arab or Northern African.

If anything is a true representation of the King, this is.

This episode just underscores the absolute ignorance of many of the people on the Left who make sweeping pronouncements about subjects of which they have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA WHATSOEVER of what they are talking about. Many of the people who are protesting this wouldn't know a mummy from a dummy and don't even know the first thing about Tutankhamen or what his significance is to Egyptian History.

Tutankhamen was a minor pharaoh who just happened to be buried in one of the few tombs that was not plundered. His father-in-law, Akhenaton, was one of the first monotheists in recorded history. Under Tutankhamen, the old gods of Egypt were restored. He was NOT buried in a pyramid, as some people believe, but in the Valley of the Kings, near modern day Luxor. His tomb is smaller than most people's apartments. Tutankhamen died at the age of 18 (some think murder, more likely as the result of an accident). He left no heir, so his wife was forced to marry a man much older than herself. With this turn of events, the 18th dynasty, the height of the ancient Egyptian New Kingdom came to an end.

P.S. Although, I have read quite a bit about the subject and know more about the subject than most people (I've been an Egyptophile since 1968), I'm an amateur and I admit it. Still, this subject does strike close to home and irks me to no end.

e178page15tutonlotus.jpg

I read alot of the same info you wrote here. Really the only reason for his fame was the fact that his burial place wasn't plundered, from what I read there is alot of speculation about his reign with not many solid facts.

I still don't see why the protestors are saying he was "white washed" since he has a darker skin color and thicker lips than most European whites.

seti1a.gif

To further belabor the point ....

It is apparent that the ancient Egyptians did not make racial distinctions themselves, but rather ethnic distinctions based on nationality. Tomb paintings depicting captive Nubians may show them as being very dark, but this is an artistic convention stereotyping a nationality, and to conclude there were therefore no very dark Egyptians would be a non sequitur. Similarly, the skin tones in art depicting the Egyptians themselves adhere to convention rather than an absolutely accurate description of reality. Tutankhamun is variously shown as being black as in the guardian statues found in his tomb, and brown or beige as in the lotus bust (see photos above).

There has been a spate of controversy of late between "Afrocentric" authors and their critics, but the truth is that Egyptologists are not involved in some massive conspiracy of lies designed to subjugate black populations, as has often been charged. Indeed, most modern Egyptologists are rather taciturn when it comes to the subject of race. Nor have the black Africans been "robbed" of their legacy. Civilization as it exists today is the culmination of the historical development of mankind, layer upon layer from ancient times to modern, each group contributing its share to the whole. Through human interaction, whether by trade or warfare, ideas, reform, and invention are assimilated, adapted, and again dispersed. It's the nature of history regardless of ethnicity. To make petty and arbitrary distinctions based on human physical appearance is divisive and can only lead to wanton racist misuse. No good can come of it beyond establishing immediate and limited familial ties; beyond this the discussion of race has no place in science. We can safely conclude that the ancient Egyptians were of various skin colors, few of which were light judging by the climate.

www.catchpenny.org/race.html

These are the same people who claim "black Athena," that Greek culture was all derived from Africa and that the Greeks somehow "stole" math from the Africans.

KarlMarx said:

e178page15tutonlotus.jpg

Hey............. :dunno: This picture sorta resembles Michael Jackson after his third plastic surgery.... :teeth:

That's Barbara freekin Streisand!

archangel said:
Hey............. :dunno: This picture sorta resembles Michael Jackson after his third plastic surgery.... :teeth:

OK.... now there's a third theory on King Tut's death.... be committed suicide! :)

Gabriella84 said:
Some of the same people have long insisted that Jesus was black as well.

They often use the description in Revelations where he had woolly hair to say he was black, of course in that same description he had red eyes and a two-edged sword coming out of his mouth and the hair was white like wool not woolly itself, and I haven't seen any black people with swords developing as a part of anatomy.

Jesus was likely about 5'-5" and very Jewish looking, but much like Buddha different cultures make their icons with the features that represent male perfection in their societies. Buddha is supposed to look that way, the statue isn't an accurate representation of the actual Buddha but an idealized version of male beauty, with Christ it is likely the sub-conscious, the man was Perfect and therefore people unconsciously make him into what that society sees as Perfect.

I saw a show on the NG channel about the face of Tut and it is awesome that they came out so close, they used the skin color to match the skull type which was basically Egyptian, I don't remember exactly how they described it but the face is made the way it was from the skull type by the US at least, the others knew who they were making. It is amazing how closely the different groups matched.

Forum List

Back