F 9/11 to be shown at a polling site in Ohio

insein

Apr 10, 2004
Philadelphia, Amazing huh...
http://www.newsnet5.com/news/3824085/detail.html

'Fahrenheit 9/11' To Be Shown At Polling Site
Resident Plans To Take Issue To Court

POSTED: 10:17 am EDT October 15, 2004

ELYRIA, Ohio -- A hot-button film believed by some to be anti-Bush is getting multiple viewings at a local polling place the week before the election, NewsChannel5 reported.

Some say the West River branch library should not be playing politics.

Library user Jim Pengov is seeing red.

"Initially, I was floored," said Pengov, an Elyria resident.

The library is a polling place on Nov. 2 and the controversial movie critical of President George W. Bush is set to air three times the weekend before the election.

"They just got a one-mill levy passed. Taxpayers, like it or not, are paying for Michael Moore to spread his rhetoric at an official polling site two days before an election -- in a key state," Pengov said.

Librarian Debby Kressa said she is surprised by the complaints.

Kressa said the move came in and she just wanted to accommodate all the people on a waiting list to sign the movie out, so she thought it would be a good idea to show the film in the library's movie room.

The library posted an announcement that "Farenhype 9/11" will be aired as well. Officials are hoping that this will provide political balance for airing "Fahrenheit 9/11."

Pengov said because the library is a tax-exempt nonprofit organization he will go to court next week to try to stop the library from showing the movie at a polling site.

insein,this is insane!!! They don't need to run movies,they need to be checking names for fraudulent voters!!!! I have a feeling it's going to get nuts here come November. :rolleyes:

musicman said:
"A hot-button film BELIEVED BY SOME TO BE ANTI-BUSH..."?????!!!!!
Welcome back to the world MM, how was life underneath that rock?

Michael Moore has said openly that it is an anti Bush film, he's the director of the film by the way, in case you were still crawling from underneath the previously mentioned rock were also unaware of that little tidbit.

drowe said:
Welcome back to the world MM, how was life underneath that rock?

Michael Moore has said openly that it is an anti Bush film, he's the director of the film by the way, in case you were still crawling from underneath the previously mentioned rock were also unaware of that little tidbit.
Wow, that was rude. He was quoting the article. Kinda like that's an understatement!!
Sorry Musicman, don't mean to put words in your mouth. :terror:

UsaPride said:
Wow, that was rude. He was quoting the article. Kinda like that's an understatement!!
Yes I will admit I went off half-cocked MusicMan you have my sincerest apologies.

drowe said:
Yes I will admit I went off half-cocked MusicMan you have my sincerest apologies.
And I will admit I jumped into something that was none of my business. My apologies to you Drowe!

Mr. P said:
Where is Franklin county Krisy?
*Edit* I heard yesterday, they have more people registered there than actually live there.

Franklin County is Columbus, Ohio.

Hey Mom, where you at this is your neck of the woods???

Mr. P said:
Where is Franklin county Krisy?
*Edit* I heard yesterday, they have more people registered there than actually live there.

I just looked it up,I wasn't sure myself. Franklin county looks to be in the Columbus area,northeast of Cincinnati. Not sure what kind of country this is(REp or Dem). I know that I have heard Southwestern Ohio(Cincinnati area) is sealed up for Bush,but up north around Cleveland is supposedly another story because of job loss. I do think Bush will pull a strong vote around here in Cincy,being that the rally we went to a few weeks ago was his biggest ever of his campaign-50,000 people. It was a freaking madhouse. Franklin county is middle Ohio and oddly enough,because our state capital is there,I haven't heard which way that part of the state is leaning.

So can we safely assume that there will be a clash between watchers and protestors? Don't let the National Guard near the place. That didn't work well in Kent !!!

dilloduck said:
So can we safely assume that there will be a clash between watchers and protestors? Don't let the National Guard near the place. That didn't work well in Kent !!!

I hope not!!! I am worried about Ohio as the Secretary of State here is. I hope we aren't the Florida of 2000. I would be so embarrased!!!! This librarian should definitley pull her head out of her Liberal ass.

UsaPride said:

Not to worry, my dear. You done good!

Why is this so unreasonable? I call special attention to the last part of the article. She was responding to her visitor's requests. I hardly think this librarian is partisan. She said she'd even show Farenhype 9/11 to balance the issues.

Librarian Debby Kressa said she is surprised by the complaints.

Kressa said the move came in and she just wanted to accommodate all the people on a waiting list to sign the movie out, so she thought it would be a good idea to show the film in the library's movie room.

The library posted an announcement that "Farenhype 9/11" will be aired as well. Officials are hoping that this will provide political balance for airing "Fahrenheit 9/11."

Pengov said because the library is a tax-exempt nonprofit organization he will go to court next week to try to stop the library from showing the movie at a polling site.

Mountains out of molehills, indeed!

Forum List

Back