F-15 Gets a Nice Makeover

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
Been around since 76 and is still an excellent air superiority aircraft. Will be called the Advanced Eagle, or F-15 2040C.
Will now be able to carry 16 AMRAAM missiles and gets a nice new paint job.

This has been coming for some time. They are practicing where the f-22 is forward and the F-15 launches their missiles with the F-22 vectoring them in. If I were the black hats, I would seriously reconsider trying to follow a F-22 knowing that there is a wall of F-15s with bad attitudes.

The F-35A and F-16 is doing the same thing for ground attack.

It's a pretty good estimate that half of your ordinance in a contested area will not reach it's target. So the F-15 becomes a missile truck and the F-16 becomes a bomb truck. Force Multipliers are wonderful things

This has been coming for some time. They are practicing where the f-22 is forward and the F-15 launches their missiles with the F-22 vectoring them in. If I were the black hats, I would seriously reconsider trying to follow a F-22 knowing that there is a wall of F-15s with bad attitudes.

It's a pretty good estimate that half of your ordinance in a contested area will not reach it's target. So the F-15 becomes a missile truck and the F-16 becomes a bomb truck. Force Multipliers are wonderful things
As well as finally keeping the A-10 for CAS.

As well as finally keeping the A-10 for CAS.

The A-10 is on it's last Mod to extend it's use. It is no newer than 40 years old. It's led a tough life as well. I estimate that in 2 years it will start to be retired due to severe cracks in the fuselage. There were over 700 produced yet there are only 283 still serviceable today.

This string is about buying new F-15s that are still in production. It's not about the F-16/F-35 combo that assures the death of the A-10. Its about extending the production of a fine bird.

It's all not about the A-10. Sometimes, it's about something else.

Forum List

Back