Eye Kew

Kathianne said:
Dang, gotta agree with that!

Don't mistake fact memorization with pattern recognition.....-which is what modern standard IQ measurement consists of.

NewGuy said:
Don't mistake fact memorization with pattern recognition.....-which is what modern standard IQ measurement consists of.

I don't! However, I'll base it on depth of thinking on posts. That may exclude some, and include the 'less able' but gifted at writing. That's a given!

Where's that slapping smilie, here it is, :slap: You, my friend, were in my first post!

Hannitized said:
I vote for Kathianne (and she didn't have to make me :funnyface ) :D

You did good! Just the way I told ya to! :beer: Thanks!

Kathianne said:
Where's that slapping smilie, here it is, :slap: You, my friend, were in my first post!

:p:

Thanks, but I refuse to be nominated.

:poop:

When taking IQ tests, and they say "Find the correct answer to fit the pattern" out of 4 choices, and you find several with equivalent possibility, then the tests don't measure anything but opinion matching. -Not pattern matching.

Since interest will determine scientific standard of IQ, I refuse to enter the contest. It is insulting to everyone. I can teach anyone to do what I can do and be just as good. Considering I am incapable of a lot also, genius is just that much more unreliable as a measure.

I consider myself average, but informed. -And information is out there for all to grab.

;)

Hey....I nominate Big-D.

He is the only guy smart enough to find a place to spew hatred like he does with the smarts enough to not get banned and keep his stuff going.

NOBODY can have that much luck. He HAS to be smart.
:huh:

:rotflmao:

NewGuy said:
Hey....I nominate Big-D.

He is the only guy smart enough to find a place to spew hatred like he does with the smarts enough to not get banned and keep his stuff going.

LMAO!!!

NewGuy said:

Thanks, but I refuse to be nominated.

When taking IQ tests, and they say "Find the correct answer to fit the pattern" out of 4 choices, and you find several with equivalent possibility, then the tests don't measure anything but opinion matching. -Not pattern matching.

Since interest will determine scientific standard of IQ, I refuse to enter the contest. It is insulting to everyone. I can teach anyone to do what I can do and be just as good. Considering I am incapable of a lot also, genius is just that much more unreliable as a measure.

I consider myself average, but informed. -And information is out there for all to grab.

;)

Hey....I nominate Big-D.

You had no choice in the matter, I COULD nominate and did, so there! I can't really argue about Big D, you have a point, but I sure as hell am not nominating him.

In spite of -=D=- challenge, as far as I know, there is no written, pattern test being administered. Just us. As I said, whether I agree or not, you and two others got my original votes. I based them on depth of the issues being addressed. That's it. Take it, you have no choice!

Kathianne said:
You had no choice in the matter, I COULD nominate and did, so there! I can't really argue about Big D, you have a point, but I sure as hell am not nominating him.
:puke: :laugh:

In spite of -=D=- challenge, as far as I know, there is no written, pattern test being administered. Just us. As I said, whether I agree or not, you and two others got my original votes. I based them on depth of the issues being addressed. That's it. Take it, you have no choice!

:D

Ok. I respectfully thank you for the nomination and will continue to believe myself entirely unqualified.
:)

NewGuy said:
:puke: :laugh:

:D

Ok. I respectfully thank you for the nomination and will continue to believe myself entirely unqualified.
:)

That's only cause you have completed self-actualization! The concept, much less the process is foreign to most of us here! :mm: :smoke:

Well, that would be a result of our interest level, now wouldn't it?

:chains:

;)

Zhukov
GOP_jeff (or if he isn't, he certainly comes across that way)
KLSuddeth/DKSuddeth (they're the same anyways ;) )

I'm glad its over. The whole thing was making me realize why people vote the way they do at election time.

NewGuy said:

In my experience, the pattern matching problems only present one choice which truly is a continuation of the transformation implemented in the previous three frames. If you find that all of them match, then it's probable you have not correctly identified the salient tranformation. :dunno:

I'm a firm believer in some sort of general intelligence, generally speaking.

Forum List

Back