eye doctors love em or hate em

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
my eyes have changed suddenly (being the last 6 months) but i hate the damned eye people...they do that tumor test..hello all i want to do is see...i dont want you tell me i have a tumor.....then that puff of air...hell yes i feel it....then this one...or this one..well mother fucker didnt you just run this shit thru a computer just put the combo it tells you and i will still pay your sorry ass....o sure lets diulate my eyes....nothing like that on an overcast day...(i dont even have an appointment yet) o yea i am get this "polycarb sensitive" they tsk at my ass...like it was something terrible....then i can only wear plastic frames and have to have certain kinds....no, not the fake ones....the real ones....i dont care if i am 55 its all i have worn...and get this booze hubby reminds me in less than a month i will be 56....and thor thinks today is the day he will catch that smack talking squirrel...

i digress...he is steadily and slowly sneaking up on squirrel....in just perfect stillnesss..

so anyways any pro eye doctors out there or are they all just pains in the eyes....o and i love the old...we need to take pictures or your inner eye...you need what...dont blink..hell its the sun in front of me....now that was a one time experience....

Crap, you just reminded my I need to make an appt. for the eye doctor. I get a free exam and free glasses every 2 years with my insurance. I pay a penny a pay check for it. Not bad! I love trying on different kinds of glasses! Don't need them to read, just to see far, like watching t.v. or driving. Thanks for the reminder bones!

Here's one lady who doesn't need the eye doctor:

A middle aged woman standing nude, looks in the bedroom mirror and says to her husband.

"I look horrible. I'm fat, my boobs and my backside are getting more saggy by the day, I find a new wrinkle every morning and I think I'll have to go up yet ANOTHER dress size."

Sitting down with her head in her hands she continues,

"I just feel so old and ugly... can you please at least pay me one compliment"

The husband replies....

"Well, if it's any consolation, your eyesight's spot on!"

never been to an eye doctor so I couldn't tell ya! When I got pink eye two years ago and they gave me an eye test the nurse told me I was showing off. lol

I refer to my annual appointment as my "how much more blind have I become this year" visit. I have astigmatism which makes wearing contacts a pain, but I refuse to wear glasses. Every year the doc puts me through countless tests and it's the same every year - there's a NEW improved (read $$$$) contact that wont roll around so much, you'll definitely be happy.

Last year he dilated my pupil, and failed to tell me that I wouldn't be able to see for the rest of the day because my eye could no longer contract to limit the amount of light entering. I was there by myself and had to drive myself home while squinting and holding my hand over my eyes like a visor!

The last time I got my eyes checked was a few years ago, after getting hit by a truck while riding a bicycle and having my glasses thrown into the road, where various other cars proceeded to run them over. :p Since my vision is bad enough I can't function without corrective lenses, it was time to go :) I don't really mind it much, and even without insurance a basic eye test and new glasses are fairly inexpensive.

I do sometimes miss wearing contacts, since I think I look better without the glasses, and I don't have to take out contacts when I sleep, etc., but a combination of laziness and cheapness has prevented me from getting them again for quite a long time.

Trippy!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUYqpCiu0-U]YouTube - Trippy illusion[/ame]

Ah shit bones. I can't see worth a damn in the morning. It's like my eyes take longer to wake up than the rest of me. Almost lost one of my eyes about 10 years ago. Got hit by an object flung from an industrial lawnmower, it tore my iris and caused internal bleeding in the eye. The emergency room doctor used a needle to dig out the embedded pieces of whatever hit me. I can see ok once my eyes wake up, but it takes more light than it used to.

Forum List

Back