Eye candy!

I've had the hots for Bernadette Peters for forever.

Bernadette-Peters-750x808-105kb-media-45-media-0237.jpg

And at 64, she's still cute as a button:

1.158003.jpg

I LOVED her in The Jerk!
:clap2:

cary_grant.jpg

I skipped school when I was a young girl and probably watched every Carey Grant movie (and every Jerry Lewis movie) ever made.

I still love him.

national_treasure_book_of_secrets_nicolas_cage_-_white_house.jpg

I truly thought Cage was at his best in this white suit in National Treasure, Book of Secrets.

Being Jon Voigt's son didn't hurt anything, either. :)

I didn't know he was Voigt's son!!!! I love both of them! I knew Angelina Jolie is his daughter, but no idea about Jon! :)
Sorry, I should have stated it more clearly.

Only in the movie, he's Jon Voigt's son. I love both actors. I liked Jon Voigt back when he just played bit parts, thought he should've been in more starring parts. Anywhere he went, he made believers out of other people. To me, that is a very highly refined art in the acting professions. When I see an old talent working with a new talent, a lot of learning is going on between the two, whether they are conscious of that fact or not.

The first time I saw Nick Cage, man, I knew I was looking at sheer talent, and he knows just how to take people's minds off their problems while they're under his influence on the silver screen.

It probably should come as no surprise that I also am fond of the work of character actors who play the bad guys. They exploit the use of appearances to make people hate them--appearing to kick the family pet, push old ladies out in front of cars, being nice to cockroaches, etc.

I love to watch John Malkovich's work. He knows just how to get under people's nails and insert itch under folks' skin. So does F. Murray Abraham. The rub there is that F. Murray Abraham is good enough looking to star as a good guy, and he has in a few films. John Malkovich is, too.

The two men are nothing alike, except are tied by excellence in manufacturing believability into their characters. Working with either one of them would make one a lot smarter about good acting work, imho.

That's Jon Voigt. He's understated, he's subtle, but he's 100% there being somebody else and making you think he is, too.

Cage is just a titan. He has it all and with selection of the right parts, he would go down as the greatest actor of all time. He's a mover and a shaker, imho, at least I've thought so for a very, very long time.

Last edited:
national_treasure_book_of_secrets_nicolas_cage_-_white_house.jpg

I truly thought Cage was at his best in this white suit in National Treasure, Book of Secrets.

Being Jon Voigt's son didn't hurt anything, either. :)

I didn't know he was Voigt's son!!!! I love both of them! I knew Angelina Jolie is his daughter, but no idea about Jon! :)

In the movie he was? But not for real. That would make him Angelina Jolie's brother.

I know...i was a little confused at first! Lol! But i never saw National Treasure either so i didn't get it! :)

Cage is just a titan. He has it all and with selection of the right parts, he would go down as the greatest actor of all time.
Of every film of his that you have seen, which one is your most favorite. Out of what I've seen, I may have to go with Gone In 60 Seconds. :) :) :)

God bless you and him always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

P.S. I also love Con Air, Face Off, and Snake Eyes. :) :) :)

cary_grant.jpg

I skipped school when I was a young girl and probably watched every Carey Grant movie (and every Jerry Lewis movie) ever made.

I still love him.

ya....i was really disappointed when i found out he was gay! Lol!

No, Carey wasn't gay.

Rock Hudson was, and died of Aids.

I took that hard, too. His movies with Doris Day were awesome.

When Grant was a child, his father had his mother institutionalized so he could take up with another woman. Dad told Carey his mom was dead. It completely traumatized him.

He ran away from home at 13 and became a juggler, and eventually started working in a theater, which was his introduction to show biz.

He was married 5-6 times, used LSD... One of his wives was Dyan Carol who said he was extremely controlling. He had a daughter with her in 1966, when he was older..the daughter was only 20 when he died. He was by all accounts a devoted father.

The Philadelphia Story is one of my all time favorite movies. But any movie he's in is guaranteed to be excellent. He was just that good...not only eye candy, but a tremendous actor.

Love Johnny Depp.

He's aging though..I didn't think he ever would. His face is still heavenly but his bod is a wee bit wobbly looking...a little slight and soft for me.

I have never gotten the whole Nicholas Cage thing. I think he's incredibly homely and he sounds like he needs his adenoids removed. Plus he's just weird!

Brad has his moments, so long as it isn't in profile. He has a weak jaw that bothers me. Or maybe it's a weak chin. I dunno but I can look past it.

pic1_brad_pitt_shirtless_013.jpg

Forum List

Back