Exxon Discovers Vast Pool Of Oil In Artic

Meaning of Affect and Effect
In order to understand the correct situation in which to use the word affect or effect, the first thing one must do is have a clear understanding of what each word means.

• Affect is a verb. It means to produce a change in or influence something.
  • Effect is a noun. It is the result or change that occurred. When an "s" is added, "effects" means personal belongings.
A large release of CH4 will affect the climate, worldwide.

It's truly refreshing to see that someone here actually knows that, and can articulate the difference between the terms well.

My faith in humanity has been renewed. :thup:
Actually old crock cherry picked dictionaries, affect and effect are both used as a verbs or nouns.

So you just complimented a post that is wrong by a poser that seems to be wrong all the time.

Be proud.

Meaning of Affect and Effect
In order to understand the correct situation in which to use the word affect or effect, the first thing one must do is have a clear understanding of what each word means.

• Affect is a verb. It means to produce a change in or influence something.
  • Effect is a noun. It is the result or change that occurred. When an "s" is added, "effects" means personal belongings.
A large release of CH4 will affect the climate, worldwide.

dead sharts society said:
It's truly refreshing to see that someone here actually knows that, and can articulate the difference between the terms well.

My faith in humanity has been renewed. :thup:

elektra said:
Actually old crock cherry picked dictionaries, affect and effect are both used as a verbs or nouns.

So you just complimented a post that is wrong by a poser that seems to be wrong all the time.

Be proud.

I'm proud that I understand the English language much better than you do.

But I have no interest in hijacking your thread, so I'll leave it at that — and you with your issue of People magazine.

Hydrocarbons have propelled this planet's inhabitants to heights otherwise unattainable. Crude oil, natural gas, and coal have increased lifespans, improved health and well-being, provided aid, comfort, and shelter, and have contributed untold trillions of dollars to world economies for generations past and and will generations to come.

Agriculture today could not exist without hydrocarbons. Modern medicine today could not exist without hydrocarbons. Mass transit today could not exist without hydrocarbons.

You would not be reading this were it not for hydrocarbons.

Fuck you. :slap:

Well no, peak oil was based on oil recoverable at the price then in effect. Today, with $100 a barrel oil, peak oil is much further off. However, that oil will be even more expensive.

Peak oil is based on the Goebbels Big Lie that Earth is the only planet that needs dinosaurs to make hydrocarbons

Sucks to be you and wrong, then having to lie to cover your ignorance

So.................um, what other planet needs, "dinosaurs to make hydrocarbons?"

At any rate, I've always considered "peak oil" to be self evident: fossil fuel is Not renewable, and will eventually reach prices that make alternative sources economic substitutes. Predicting when this will happen has been the hobby of many academics that need to justify their applications for grant funding for their next hair-brained scheme to convert mouse droppings into gasoline, or whatever.

For example

Saturn's Moon Titan: No dinosaurs, lake of liquid hydrocarbons

which is certainly strange

Picture showing either:

a) Dinosaurs must have once lived on Saturn's Moon Titan, or

b) Lakes of Aboitic produced hydrocarbons.

You pick

So according to Frank, earth is exactly like Titan, and therefore there are lakes of abioitic oil all over earth.

Frank can you point us to these lakes of abiotic oil? Heck, can you point us to a single instance where more than a trace of abiotic oil was found?

Any other cultists want to officially jump on the crazy train with Frank by announcing their embrace of the communist-invented abiotic oil theory? Its commie heritage isn't the only reason the crazies like it, but it definitely contributes, since the cult loons try to emulate the Soviets in as many ways as they can.

I never said Earth is "Exactly like Titan" you'd have to be dishonest to say something like that and whattayaknow, you are dishonest!

Po' lil earth! It's the only body in the Solar System that needs to pressure cook velicoraptors in geological time to make hydrocarbons

Forum List

Back