Extrovert or Introvert?

When it comes to interpersonal relationships, are you an extrovert or an introvert?

Extroverted, mostly. I don't advertise ALL of my emotions or thoughts, but nobody has a hard time figuring out where I'm coming from or how I feel about something.

But sometimes I wish I was more introverted... that way I wouldn't say so much stupid shit that creates "issues". :rolleyes:

When it comes to interpersonal relationships, are you an extrovert or an introvert?

Extroverted, mostly. I don't advertise ALL of my emotions or thoughts, but nobody has a hard time figuring out where I'm coming from or how I feel about something.

But sometimes I wish I was more introverted... that way I wouldn't say so much stupid shit that creates "issues". :rolleyes:

I have suffered from "foot in mouth" disease before. lol

Who hasn't? :lol:

I still think in most situations though it's better to say too much than not enough. So forge ahead! Just be ready to apologize from time to time. :D

I have run into the "if things start getting deep, I revert back to an introvert" several times. Have you figured out what the catalyst is for that?

I think it's a combination of a self-defense mechanism, as well as desiring someone who sort of takes charge. In the end, I want someone who will lead me to trust them to becoming as fully extroverted as possible. Please don't anyone give me any grief about being a submissive woman...I can take charge when necessary.:lol:

Is that self-defense mechanism due to being hurt in past relationships? How did the guy you were with at the time deal with you going back to introvert, after being extrovert with your thoughts and feelings?

It could just be my general nature and/or an alcoholic stepfather who was constantly lecturing me that men would only ever want one thing from me, and never really love me. Even though my stubborn nature refused to believe him, I wonder if somehow it didn't stick a little. It hasn't been a big deal, and maybe I've just been lucky to know understanding men, who perhaps enjoy a bit of a challenge.

I think it's a combination of a self-defense mechanism, as well as desiring someone who sort of takes charge. In the end, I want someone who will lead me to trust them to becoming as fully extroverted as possible. Please don't anyone give me any grief about being a submissive woman...I can take charge when necessary.:lol:

Is that self-defense mechanism due to being hurt in past relationships? How did the guy you were with at the time deal with you going back to introvert, after being extrovert with your thoughts and feelings?

It could just be my general nature and/or an alcoholic stepfather who was constantly lecturing me that men would only ever want one thing from me, and never really love me. Even though my stubborn nature refused to believe him, I wonder if somehow it didn't stick a little. It hasn't been a big deal, and maybe I've just been lucky to know understanding men, who perhaps enjoy a bit of a challenge.

Glad that it hasn't been a big deal. :) At times, we are all a challenge. Challenging can be seductive.

Restrictions apply. Void where prohibited. Not valid in the outer bands of the internet.

Who hasn't? :lol:

I still think in most situations though it's better to say too much than not enough. So forge ahead! Just be ready to apologize from time to time. :D

I agree. I am all about saying what I am thinking and feeling. lol

i am a loner...i have a mate...but other than that i am pretty much a loner....i have friends but i am not out trying to be the life of the party....most of the time i am just glad to be invited

Introvert. When I'm working, most people can't even see me. :cool:

And here I thought you were going to make some crack about your extrovert, and her introvert getting together for....nevermind.

What was I thinking...

How many of you find yourselves drawn to your opposite (as a whole)?

I took some personality test many many many moons ago in Psychology class and I was just a hair over introvert in to the Extrovert side.

with people I know well, a tad more of an extrovert.

My husband is at the top of the chart extrovert....he talks to everybody and anybody...even at the grocery store, when I am in my worst garden clothes or on the worst hair day that existed in the History of mankind and I just want to slip in to the grocer and out again, hoping not to be noticed....he manages to bring in to conversation the worker stocking the shelves, the person behind or in front of us at the deli section or at the register, and the ringer at the check out, so help me God! :eek:

opposites do attract! And compliment one another.

(He's a Repub, I am a Dem) (He has no worries, I am the worry wart, thinker ahead) (He is musical, singing and playing, I am not in the least talented in this area) (I am logical, mathematical....he just leaves that to me)

How many of you find yourselves drawn to your opposite (as a whole)?

I took some personality test many many many moons ago in Psychology class and I was just a hair over introvert in to the Extrovert side.

with people I know well, a tad more of an extrovert.

My husband is at the top of the chart extrovert....he talks to everybody and anybody...even at the grocery store, when I am in my worst garden clothes or on the worst hair day that existed in the History of mankind and I just want to slip in to the grocer and out again, hoping not to be noticed....he manages to bring in to conversation the worker stocking the shelves, the person behind or in front of us at the deli section or at the register, and the ringer at the check out, so help me God! :eek:

opposites do attract! And compliment one another.

(He's a Repub, I am a Dem) (He has no worries, I am the worry wart, thinker ahead) (He is musical, singing and playing, I am not in the least talented in this area) (I am logical, mathematical....he just leaves that to me)

Thanks for sharing Care. I agree. I believe we look for (whether consciously or not) someone that compliments our weak areas, as well as challenging us to be a better person.

Forum List

Back