(Extreme Content) Live Shootouts and American Recovery. Is Change Possible?

icanchangeit

Rookie
May 1, 2011
For three years, I have filmed intimately within American issues of urban poverty, violence and recovery. More than a gunor spending issue, (which the film does not focus on) there is a terrible human and fiscal cost taking place every day in America. And we are all paying, (be it taxes or personal loss) for it.

Edited Forum Rules. No Links 15 Post Rule. See Post#3

With that, it seems improvement is the only option. This post is in no way adversarial or politically affiliated. More than that, I am curious what your perspective might be on effective ways and policy changes, which can improve the situation.

Please note, this is also not an advertisement as the film is far from complete. This initial trailer was also created for in-house purposes and is released for feedback and thoughts, with a focus on improvement only. I very much appreciate your time and thoughts.

Respectfully

Jeff

This initial trailer was also created for in-house purposes and is released for feedback and thoughts, with a focus on improvement only. I very much appreciate your time and thoughts.Respectfully; Jeff

Well, the citizens are learning from the continuing criminal enterprise known as the federal government that it is perfectly alright to use violence to impose your views on others.

So there is your first task, address it in your film.

THE SWEETEST LAND - UNOFFICIAL PREVIEW

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1LOyerVCP8]YouTube - THE SWEETEST LAND - UNOFFICIAL PREVIEW[/ame]

Very Powerful. I grew up in Middletown, CT (about 20 miles south of Hartford). I know what Hartford, Bridgeport, New Haven and even Meriden are like. I've known people who lived in these neighborhoods. I've lived in Providence, RI and Worcester, MA (the 2nd and 3rd largest cities in New England).

You're right that this is a horrific epidemic that needs to end. It isn't a black problem, or a hispanic problem or a white problem. It isn't even a neighborhood problem. It's a societal and cultural problem and one that can only be fixed on those levels. However, like most problems it's one that those of us outside those societies and cultures cannot fix FOR these people. These people need to WANT this problem to end. The mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, cousins, and friends of these people need to be willing to step up and make the changes.

The only way that this is ever going to change is for those communities to say.... "This is no longer acceptable. We are no longer going to remain silent. We will no longer turn a blind eye to what is happening on our block, in our neighborhood, or in our own homes." The first step has to be for those communities to decide that they will no longer tolerate the violence, the drugs, the gang bangers, etc... Not for some outsider to come in and say... "You shouldn't tolerate this." but for the Community to decide it's no longer acceptable.

You're right that this is a horrific epidemic that needs to end. It isn't a black problem, or a hispanic problem or a white problem. It isn't even a neighborhood problem. It's a societal and cultural problem and one that can only be fixed on those levels..

Just a reminder. The "liberal" states which proclaim to be the fiends of blacks and minorities , have the most restrictive laws which prevent law abiding citizens from bearing arms to defend themselves.

Address that in your film.

Just a reminder. The "liberal" states which proclaim to be the fiends of blacks and minorities , have the most restrictive laws which prevent law abiding citizens from bearing arms to defend themselves.

While I agree with the sentiment, that has nothing to do with the issue at hand. These gang members are generally going after other gang members. Many of them aren't 21 years old, and already convicted criminals so they couldn't get a gun permit to begin with.

The first issue that needs to be addressed is the no snitching, revenge-based culture that these communities exist in.

Thank you very much for your thoughts. Let me reiterate that the film is NOT an attack on gun rights nor does this posting have anything to do right or left agendas. It is my hope that these conversations can focus on ways of improvement, because genius is needed within this issue.

Be it shot, beaten or stabbed, I've observed/filmed far too much death....and this country is far to great for that to happen.

The fact that you are engaging and passionate is meaningful...now how, without merely throwing funds at this issue, can we improve it? Because we must.

While I agree with the sentiment, that has nothing to do with the issue at hand. These gang members are generally going after other gang members. Many of them aren't 21 years old, and already convicted criminals so they couldn't get a gun permit to begin with.

The first issue that needs to be addressed is the no snitching, revenge-based culture that these communities exist in.

Like I stated in my first post , the criminal enterprise known as the federal government enjoys violently disposing of other gang members - whether they are in Waco, TX or Baghdad.

Have him address that in his film.

Thank you very much for your thoughts. Let me reiterate that the film is NOT an attack on gun rights nor does this posting have anything to do right or left agendas. It is my hope that these conversations can focus on ways of improvement, because genius is needed within this issue.

Be it shot, beaten or stabbed, I've observed/filmed far too much death....and this country is far to great for that to happen.

The fact that you are engaging and passionate is meaningful...now how, without merely throwing funds at this issue, can we improve it? Because we must.

Unfortunately, the best educators are the federal bureaucrats who are always willing to use any pretexts to excuse their penchant for violence.

Having said that , let me clarify that violence is not mala per se.

I oppose the INITIATION of violence - while I will never engage in violence in order to deprive anyone of their life, liberty or property - I will definitely use deadly violence to defend my life, liberty and property.

Like I stated in my first post , the criminal enterprise known as the federal government enjoys violently disposing of other gang members - whether they are in Waco, TX or Baghdad.

I'm no huge fan of our current government, but that's not the topic we're discussing here. It isn't even a side-topic to the main discussion. Nor is the issue of Gun Control truly pertinent to this topic in the means you have mentioned.

I'm no huge fan of our current government, but that's not the topic we're discussing here. It isn't even a side-topic to the main discussion. Nor is the issue of Gun Control truly pertinent to this topic in the means you have mentioned.

What is the difference between Tyrone believing that the 'hood would be better off without Jamal's presence and Bush beliefs that the world community would be better off without Saddam?!?!?!?!?!?!

Last edited:

As I mentioned earlier, until the communities that this is occuring in become interested in changing the culture and society that they exist in, this cannot be changed. No outsider; not you, not me, not some pastor or politician or former gang member is going to be able to change this for them. THEY need to decide that something needs to be done.

As to what policies I think would help....

The first is that these parents need to get involved in their children's (and their own) education. They need to know where their kids are and what their children are doing AT ALL TIMES. They need to know when their kid isn't in school. They need to know when he/she isn't doing their homework. They need to know AND CARE when their kid is acting up in school or failing a class.

These communities need to take ownership of their neighborhoods, their cultures, and themselves. They need to let these gangs know that the streets, the neighborhoods, and the society do not belong to the gangs. They need to get it through their heads that the gangs are not their friends and the police are not their enemy. IF someone can ever break through that mentality, things will start to change. Until then, it isn't going to happen.

For the gang members themselves, there is not much that can be done unless they choose to do it. Staying in school, getting an education that doesn't include shootings, drug dealing, prostitution, money laundering, etc... is what is going to change things.

What is the difference between Tyrone believing that the 'hood would be better off without Jamal's presence and Bush believes that the world community would be better off without Saddam?!?!?!?!?!?!

If you truly don't understand the difference then there's no point in us continuing to discuss this or any other topic.

Buh Bye.

Kind of like Congress, huh. ;)

What is the difference between Tyrone believing that the 'hood would be better off without Jamal's presence and Bush believes that the world community would be better off without Saddam?!?!?!?!?!?!

If you truly don't understand the difference then there's no point in us continuing to discuss this or any other topic.

Buh Bye.

I see that you are living up to your name:

ANACHRONISM
: an error in chronology; especially : a chronological misplacing of persons, events, objects, or customs in regard to each other
: a person or a thing that is chronologically out of place; especially : one from a former age that is incongruous in the present

The film is misleading in the sense that crime has been declining in this country. Yes, there is violent crime among mainly inner city kids, but that is not really our problem. It is a problem first and foremost of culture. How do you change a culture to make it conform to more normal types? One of the first steps is removing the welfare system to put more emphasis on personal responsibility.

This is what you get when whole generations are raised on what is the most widely taught "virtue" in our schools: tolerance. Like the whole world should be some perpetual shade of gray with no ojective truths.

The left has been very effective at stomping out tradition in America........as if it were some kind of an evil thing. To them, we should be in a perpetual state of "becomming" no matter what the cost........results be damned. Hate the police..........hate the laws.........hate traditional institutions..........do whatever, as long as it feels good............force cultures to go to school and bus together..........reward women who allow themsevles to get popped by 17 different guys resulting in 17 kids with 17 different fathers............light sentencing for repeat offenders due to circumstances blamed on the "root causes"...........demonize religion as an evil institution............allow schools to be run by the students...........support dumbass idea's like the minimum wage..................increase the size of the poor communities via progressive public policies............

I could go on and on and on.............and on................and on.................

Of fcukking course our culture is in meltdown mode.

Last edited:
The film is misleading in the sense that crime has been declining in this country. Yes, there is violent crime among mainly inner city kids, but that is not really our problem. It is a problem first and foremost of culture. How do you change a culture to make it conform to more normal types? One of the first steps is removing the welfare system to put more emphasis on personal responsibility.

Well stated.

:clap2:

Forum List

Back