Extraordinary Rendition -- a crime?

Doug

May 23, 2005
England
I was reading a book review of two new books on torture and extraordinary rendition, and I came across this:

Apparently, the President was wondering whether or not to authorize the "extraordinary rendition" of a terrorist suspect, having been advised by counsel that it was illegal.

Then the Vice-President came in. laughed, and said "That's a no-brainer. Of course it's a violation of international law, that's why it's a covert action. The guy is a terrorist. Go grab his ass."

I was surprised. Should I have been?

I was reading a book review of two new books on torture and extraordinary rendition, and I came across this:

Apparently, the President was wondering whether or not to authorize the "extraordinary rendition" of a terrorist suspect, having been advised by counsel that it was illegal.

Then the Vice-President came in. laughed, and said "That's a no-brainer. Of course it's a violation of international law, that's why it's a covert action. The guy is a terrorist. Go grab his ass."

I was surprised. Should I have been?

Ya cause we have a tape of that conversation of course?

Come on guys, this is Doug, a hard core right wing partisan, do you not think his reason for this is to do what modern cynical men do best? Weigh everyone so they all come out the same and wrong becomes Ok.

Forum List

Back