extraordinary lack of elocution & Louie Louie

Procrustes Stretched

And you say, "Oh my God, am I here all alone?"
Dec 1, 2008
Positively 4th Street
I attended a seance last Sunday and had the opportunity to discuss this very topic with some of my friends from the afterlife.

Bob Denver, AKA Maynard G. Krebs of TV's Dobie Gillis--who, as I'm sure you'll recall, died tragically when a radio fell into his bathtub--said that one of the lines of the songs is, "I @#%!! a girl endlessly."

Jerry Mathers of Leave it to Beaver, who was blown apart in Vietnam (some people think he grew up to be Alice Cooper, but that's just one of those silly myths), opined that another line is, "I shoot a wad into her hair."

Paul McCartney recalled that he always used to sing, "Tell her I'll never lay her again."It pained me to shatter their illusions--as it pains me, believe me, to shatter your yours--but the "real" lyrics to "Louie Louie" are about as racy as a Neil Simon script, and almost as dumb.

...the man who wrote the song, one Richard Berry......The song was about seven years old when the Kingsmen recorded their version in 1963,..
The Straight Dope: What are the REAL lyrics to "Louie Louie"?

Did a USMB poster write to the site?

THIS JUST IN: JERRY MATHERS DID NOT DIE IN VIETNAM!

Dear Cecil:

He didn't even go - he was in the Air National Guard. I would have thought the Straight Dope would get that right. --Political_Chick

Cecil replies:

No shite, Sherlock. You want a ticket to my new seminar, "Introduction to the Joke"?

— Cecil Adams

Forum List

Back