extended debate forum?

tererun

Rookie
May 19, 2012
carolinas
I noticed you put up a clean debate zone and that is great. however, it is full of one liners and pointless backpatting. I am suggesting either setting up a new group for long winded well supported arguments where the one liner crappy response is unwanted, or adding a requirement that in the clean debate zone one liner garbage posting is not welcome.

That's more of what I'd hoped for.

Good suggestion.

That quite funny coming from the person who posted one liner attempts at insults about Falkland Islandersin the Clean Zone . What a fine example of a hypocritre you are!

You expected different from someone who starts 'debates' with not one word of her own opinion? Seriously... you expect too much Colin.... in order to debate, one must be able to articulate one's own opinion. Unfortunately, herds don't have their own opinions... that's why they're a herd.

And, I doubt very much that most of these assclowns could find the Falklands on a map, yet alone understand the history and politics of the place.

5. Strategic Sheep
So after World War II, the whole world was going,

"Come on, Europe, give these countries back. Come on, we just had a bloody war; let's give 'em back. Britain?"

"Wha'?"

"What's that behind your back?"

"Oh, it's India and a number of other countries."

"Give 'em back."

"Oh, all right. There's that one there, and there's that one…”

“Falkland Islands?”

“Oh, we need the Falkland Islands... for strategic sheep purposes!"

Yeah. And then it was a case of no empire no longer.

Eddie Izzard. Brilliant.

5. Strategic Sheep

"Come on, Europe, give these countries back. Come on, we just had a bloody war; let's give 'em back. Britain?"

"Wha'?"

"Give 'em back."

“Falkland Islands?”

Eddie Izzard. Brilliant.

No need to prove you haven't a single original thought in that empty cranium. It's been obvious from the outset...hypocrite.

5. Strategic Sheep

"Wha'?"

"Give 'em back."

“Falkland Islands?”

Eddie Izzard. Brilliant.

No need to prove you haven't a single original thought in that empty cranium. It's been obvious from the outset...hypocrite.
The only veterans worthy of respect from Boop, are the veterans she personally deems worthy of respect.

5. Strategic Sheep

"Wha'?"

"Give 'em back."

“Falkland Islands?”

Eddie Izzard. Brilliant.

She thinks Eddie Izzard is a historian. :eusa_shhh::lol:

I noticed you put up a clean debate zone and that is great. however, it is full of one liners and pointless backpatting. I am suggesting either setting up a new group for long winded well supported arguments where the one liner crappy response is unwanted, or adding a requirement that in the clean debate zone one liner garbage posting is not welcome.

Couldn't agree more.

If you're going to call it a debate zone, treat the discussions like debates and moderate it, for God's sakes.

And please, have someone moderate it who knows what debate is. There are about 4 on this site who are able to do that.

Maybe they should make a new "folder" with new rules for that. Because the current one is SOOO popular.

Politics (313 Viewing) Discuss government policies and candidates...

Current Events (39 Viewing) Current News and Events

Clean Debate Zone (6 Viewing) The Clean Debate Zone is to be used for the clean debating of Government Policies, Candidates, Current News and Events ONLY. No personal attacks, name calling, flaming etc is allowed in this section.

6 whole viewers. :rofl:

It goes up and down, sometimes there are 50 or so...

Seriously, I have always thought the site needed a true debate forum.

And that's a move in the right direction...but it started out miserably, with the whole "can't neg" thing and the way threads were bounced...now they seem to have gotten that under control, but there seems to be no moderation for form at all. The trolls are still there trolling with lies and one-liners, and longer opinion diatribes with no supporting evidence...or even purpose.

Maybe they should make a new "folder" with new rules for that. Because the current one is SOOO popular.

Politics (313 Viewing) Discuss government policies and candidates...

Current Events (39 Viewing) Current News and Events

Clean Debate Zone (6 Viewing) The Clean Debate Zone is to be used for the clean debating of Government Policies, Candidates, Current News and Events ONLY. No personal attacks, name calling, flaming etc is allowed in this section.

6 whole viewers. :rofl:
8 Hours later and...

Politics (233 Viewing)

Current Events (49 Viewing)

Clean Debate Zone (6 Viewing)

Still only 6 viewing. (and 4 of them are guests) :eusa_shhh:

Last edited:

Couldn't agree more.

If you're going to call it a debate zone, treat the discussions like debates and moderate it, for God's sakes.

And please, have someone moderate it who knows what debate is. There are about 4 on this site who are able to do that.

you dont debate

Forum List

Back