Extend All Bush Tax Cuts "Permanently"

I say that we, the Dems, block everything. The tax cuts expire, and the Repubs do not have enough votes to do anything in the Senate.

You sick Repubs blocked the money for the responders to 9-11 to demostrate that you will stop at nothing to aid the very wealthy. You played the game of 'NO' for the last two years, if the Dems have any sense, they will hand it right back to you now.

or no deal at all!!! We'll take it back up on January 5th and leave out the pork!

What say you?

Extend none of the tax cuts

don't extend unemployment bennies

because unlike the rest of you posers I care about the deficit and I mean it.

Increase taxes, cut spending as the deficit commission recommends.

Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country.

It is the ONLY conservative option.

Sounds like a capital idea. They've worked out so well so far and all.

The real problem with the economy isn't high unemployment or a record deficit, it's that the top 2% who control over 50% of the entire nation's financial wealth still don't have enough.

Last edited:
or no deal at all!!! We'll take it back up on January 5th and leave out the pork!

What say you?

Extend none of the tax cuts

don't extend unemployment bennies

because unlike the rest of you posers I care about the deficit and I mean it.

Increase taxes, cut spending as the deficit commission recommends.

Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country.

It is the ONLY conservative option.

Saying tax rates are too low right now is not what I consider to be a conservative opinion.

Show us what you wish to cut first THEN extend the tax cuts once you've agreed to the spending cuts.

If you can't cut spending, don't cut taxes. Financial markets do not operate in a vacuum.

The economy is stalled in part because of the general sentiment that costs are going up. A couple of years at the current level will make an impact that increases government revenues.

Look at 2002-2004. A lower tax rate resulted in higher revenues after hiring picked back up.

What say you?

And then make plans for a flat or front the FAIR tax. Get rid of the IRS and the punitive codes the Government uses for class warfare.

Yes! With the new add-ons by Dems, this is now unacceptable to me and I hope it is voted down. Here are the new add-ons and as Rep. Jeff Flake, R-Ariz., said, the add-ons could turn his fiscally conservative colleagues against the bill.

"You don't want to be accused out there of supporting stimulus three," he said. "It will knock some votes off in the House, but more than anything it will show the voters out there that things haven't changed with Republicans." :clap2: :clap2:

From Associated Press:

Almost $5 billion in subsidies for corn-based ethanol and a continuing tariff to protect against ethanol imports were wrapped up and placed on the tree Thursday night for farm-state lawmakers and agribusiness lobbyists. Environmentalists won more grants for developers of renewable energy, like wind and solar.

For urban lawmakers, there's a continuation of about-to-expire tax breaks that could save commuters who use mass transit about $1,000 a year. Other popular tax provisions aimed at increasing production of hybrid automobiles, biodiesel fuel, coal and energy-efficient household appliances would be extended through the end of 2011 under the new add-ons.

The package also includes an extension of two Gulf Coast tax incentive programs enacted after Hurricane Katrina to spur economic development in Mississippi, Louisiana and Alabama.

The ethanol money was added despite a growing congressional opposition to subsidizing the fuel after decades of government support. Last month, 17 Republican and Democratic senators wrote to leaders calling the tax breaks "fiscally indefensible," since there's already a law in place that requires ethanol be blended into gasoline

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap...PE-zbw?docId=043dd4c76ba04cc4a8425c3b64623796

Last edited:

What say you?

And then make plans for a flat or front the FAIR tax. Get rid of the IRS and the punitive codes the Government uses for class warfare.

Yes! With the new add-ons by Dems, this is now unacceptable to me and I hope it is voted down. Here are the new add-ons and as Rep. Jeff Flake, R-Ariz., said, the add-ons could turn his fiscally conservative colleagues against the bill.

"You don't want to be accused out there of supporting stimulus three," he said. "It will knock some votes off in the House, but more than anything it will show the voters out there that things haven't changed with Republicans." :clap2: :clap2:

From Associated Press:

Almost $5 billion in subsidies for corn-based ethanol and a continuing tariff to protect against ethanol imports were wrapped up and placed on the tree Thursday night for farm-state lawmakers and agribusiness lobbyists. Environmentalists won more grants for developers of renewable energy, like wind and solar.

For urban lawmakers, there's a continuation of about-to-expire tax breaks that could save commuters who use mass transit about $1,000 a year. Other popular tax provisions aimed at increasing production of hybrid automobiles, biodiesel fuel, coal and energy-efficient household appliances would be extended through the end of 2011 under the new add-ons.

The package also includes an extension of two Gulf Coast tax incentive programs enacted after Hurricane Katrina to spur economic development in Mississippi, Louisiana and Alabama.

The ethanol money was added despite a growing congressional opposition to subsidizing the fuel after decades of government support. Last month, 17 Republican and Democratic senators wrote to leaders calling the tax breaks "fiscally indefensible," since there's already a law in place that requires ethanol be blended into gasoline

The Associated Press: Add-ons turn tax cut bill into 'Christmas tree'

This Congress just cannot get enough of the spending. They didn't get the message sent back in November. Instead? They try to do as much damage as they can upon their exit as so many predicted.

They cannot get outta the District Of Criminals fast enough for my tastes.
And good riddence to bad rubbish.

This Congress just cannot get enough of the spending. They didn't get the message sent back in November. Instead? They try to do as much damage as they can upon their exit as so many predicted.

The next congress will be every bit as eager to spend money we don't have. It's a national disease, just look at the groundswell of support for tax cuts at a time when our budget is 40% in the red.

You are not for the tax cuts and for balancing the budget at the same time. You are for one and opposed to the other.

"You don't want to be accused out there of supporting stimulus three," he said.

Even without the add ons this already was stimulus III. With the add ons it takes on the porkulus features of the previous stimulus bills.

The next congress will be every bit as eager to spend money we don't have. It's a national disease, just look at the groundswell of support for tax cuts at a time when our budget is 40% in the red.

You are not for the tax cuts and for balancing the budget at the same time. You are for one and opposed to the other.

Two words...Cautious Optimism...The GOP knows they're on Double-Secret Probation...and besides? The people will take the Patton Tact and fire their collective asses and put people in there until they get it right.

[That is presuming we don't collapse economically then]...:eusa_shhh:

Sounds like a capital idea. They've worked out so well so far and all.

The real problem with the economy isn't high unemployment or a record deficit, it's that the top 2% who control over 50% of the entire nation's financial wealth still don't have enough.
....And, The DICK; Cheney figures they've got a Divine Right to all-they-can-CARRY!!!!

"The administration, as described by O’Neill, was … fixated on granting unprecedented tax cuts to the nation’s richest people who had bankrolled its election campaign. It was not prepared to listen to an anxious Treasury secretary warning of dangerously ballooning deficits. The president was “clearly signing on to strong ideological positions that had not been fully thought through”, Mr O’Neill says…

When the Treasury secretary went to the Oval Office for weekly discussions, he found he did all the talking. “I wondered from the first, if the president didn’t know the questions to ask,” he tells Suskind, “or if he did know and just did not want to know the answers?”

The one time the president does become engaged in economic policy discussion in Suskind’s book, it is to question the orthodoxy of his own administration’s policy during a White House discussion of a second round of tax cuts in November 2002, following triumphal midterm election results.

According to Suskind, who says he has a transcript of the meeting, the president asks: “Haven’t we already given money to rich people? This second tax cut’s gonna do it again.”

The president suggests instead: “Shouldn’t we be giving money to the middle?” But Rove, who has masterminded Bush’s election campaigns since his days in Texas, jumps in at this point in the transcript to urge the president: “Stick to principle. Stick to principle.”

“He says it over and over again,” Mr Suskind said. “Don’t waver.”

In his own account, Mr O’Neill discovers the hard line on tax cuts is coming from Cheney. Not knowing he was in his last weeks as Treasury secretary, he went to see the vice president expecting to get a sympathetic hearing for his concerns over the deficit. Instead he is told: “You know, Paul, Reagan proved that deficits don’t matter. We won the mid-term elections, this is our due

What say you?

Go with the compromise we got and let the new Congress repeal the pork and/or cut spending to pay for a conversion of long term unemployment insurance to welfare.

I agree in a sense.To hear the Libs constantly screaming about the 99ers not being taken care of in the last deal is very telling.Taken care of is the key phrase here.After 99 weeks collecting and nothing to show for it it's obvious these folks want to be "taken care of"..If after 99 weeks they have not found employment of any kind it might be a better idea to move them over to a welfare program where they can be "taken care of" till they decide they would like to get back into the work force.:confused:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back