Jul 13, 2007
Diagon Alley
Story Highlights

NEW: Shiite cells targeted, better vehicles sought as defense against EFPs
Weapons, money from Iran are being used in Iraq fight, U.S. commander says
Iran has denied being involved in promoting insurgent activity
United States and Iran have been meeting in Iraq to discuss security

http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/meast/08/08/us.iran.weapons/index.html

I don't see what the hold up is, we need to start targeting Iran if we ever want this war to be over. They are the cause of the majority of our problems in this war. If we launch a couple massive air strikes against them it might give them a wake up call. It will show them that we are not putting up with their bullshit anymore. I am sure they would back down really fast.

Story Highlights

NEW: Shiite cells targeted, better vehicles sought as defense against EFPs
Weapons, money from Iran are being used in Iraq fight, U.S. commander says
Iran has denied being involved in promoting insurgent activity
United States and Iran have been meeting in Iraq to discuss security

http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/meast/08/08/us.iran.weapons/index.html

I don't see what the hold up is, we need to start targeting Iran if we ever want this war to be over. They are the cause of the majority of our problems in this war. If we launch a couple massive air strikes against them it might give them a wake up call. It will show them that we are not putting up with their bullshit anymore. I am sure they would back down really fast.

You would be wrong, they wouldnt back down fast and the US would lose. We cant even win in Afghanistan!! We are losing horribly in Iraq as well. We are borrowing money to keep the wars up and are spinning out of control.

There is also another problem, how bout PROVING the allegations first and secondly explain why its ok for the US to interferre in Iraq but not Iraqs neighbor?

I should add this link, its a long read but I will quote the last paragraph that sums it up.

http://www.truthout.org/docs_04/110904C.shtml

So this is how the war game turned out: with a finding that the next American President must, through bluff and patience, change the actions of a government whose motives he does not understand well, and over which his influence is limited. "After all this effort, I am left with two simple sentences for policymakers," Sam Gardiner said of his exercise. "You have no military solution for the issues of Iran. And you have to make diplomacy work."

That was the conclusion after running the war games scenario.

I can't wait to see the diplomats try to sit down with al queada and say " Ok guys ---you really need to stop this nonsense. What's is going to take? "

The war game and advice were about Iran and not Al quada.

As I said, I think that we can bring many soldiers home now. We need a force bring enough to surround and Isolate Iraq – shield it form Iran. Focus more of our military resources of intelligence and border security.

They know about all the weapons from Iran but they can't find their own???? :rofl:

Bad, B-A-D Putty Tat Iwanians! :mad:

Like I said, Seppos have never had the capacity to put themselves in someone else's shoes. You don't find stuff like that in The Wholly Vilebill.

Thankfully this will all change when their country if finally devasted, like they devastate innocent countries on a regular basis. :)omg: "Call Homeland Security, Chips is really a mad Muslim barmer!")

He demonstrates the almost unconscious sense of U.S. exceptionalism that underlies this doctrine with a few simple yet effective counterfactuals. How would the U.S. respond, he asks, if Brazil were to unilaterally invade Iraq to install a democracy? Or if India were to respond to terrorist attacks by taking it upon itself to "liberate" the populations that produced the terrorists?

Or if Russia invaded Canada in retaliation for Canada invading its Afghan ally? - me.

(I was going to say Australia, but then I remembered how Clinton left us holding their oily baby in Timor when the shit looked like hitting the fan with Indonesia!)

check it out

Bad, B-A-D Putty Tat Iwanians! :mad:

Like I said, Seppos have never had the capacity to put themselves in someone else's shoes. You don't find stuff like that in The Wholly Vilebill.

Thankfully this will all change when their country if finally devasted, like they devastate innocent countries on a regular basis. :)omg: "Call Homeland Security, Chips is really a mad Muslim barmer!")

Or if Russia invaded Canada in retaliation for Canada invading its Afghan ally? - me.

(I was going to say Australia, but then I remembered how Clinton left us holding their oily baby in Timor when the shit looked like hitting the fan with Indonesia!)

check it out

The link was a good read. I dont see much willingness yet to face our own hypocrisy. We seem to have such an ingrained sense of entitlement and to abide by a different set of rules and think we are afforded rights that others (for whatever rationalization) are not entitled to.

Examples, we havent been upset by our interferrence in the self determination of other nations yet if other nations were to do such a thing to us it would be denounced as a savage act of war and give us the right to do all we wanted and needed to decimate those who tried.

People seem to think that Chavez should be assissinated and overthrown by the US, no self determination or democracy for them I guess. If someone said that the UN, China, Canada (any nation) had a right to assissinate Bush or overthrow the US admin we would view this an an encroachment on our national rights to sovereignty and self determination, and of course they would be. Why should we have this right but not others?

We see this in Iran, we say Iran has no right to interferre in Iraq. Why not? Arent we a foreign nation interferring in Iraq? Hasnt Iran been in more danger from Iraq than the US ever was? Isnt Iraq on their border and therefore will have more impact on them than they would on the US? Dont we view Canada as our neighbor and any unfriendly force invading and installing a friendly govt to themselves would be percieved as a direct threat to us and we would feel justified in openly interferring, we would consider it our right and our duty. But different rules for Iran I guess.

We can have WMD but we seem to think that others arent entitled to have them. They are "crazy" we say but if we look at the history and the actions of those nations and leadership we dont find any behavior that indicates it really.

People say Iran is so dangerous yet what govts have they overthrown and installed puppet dictators in the last century? What nations did they invade? The US overthrew their govt and installed the brutal shah, we backed Iraq in its invasion of Iran, we stayed silent and provided support while Iraq used chemical weapons against Iran...have they done anything that actually rivals this? We have the american hostage crisis that took place when the Shah was ousted, thats hardly a basis to pretend they are so much more dangerous than the US.

We dont question things enough, we are fed a steady diet of well put together propaganda and people dont even ask the most obvious questions anymore.

We cant expect people in the rest of the world to abide by this double standard quietly, especially when it places them at such a disadvantage.

Left you holding what?... You pussies couldnt hold our jockstraps...

Now, now, Blowhard!

Seppos in Crystal Cathedrals shouldn’t throw stones. :eusa_naughty:

Who of any note has America ever beaten?

Excluding braver men’s kills, I mean. Where it is customary for them to invite cowardly America to come in and kick the cadaver when it is all over. So you piss weak pricks can make pictures about how you “won the war!” :rolleyes:

Even a bunch of spaced out Khat smoking Somali “Specials” sent you yelping in terror, like the pack of pampered Poodles you are, back to the safety of The Reich.

You couldn’t even beat a mob of Vietnamese sheilas in black pyjamas whose slumber party you disturbed. :redface:

And now, just to heap coals on your Zeppelin sized heads, 200,000 of your best can’t beat Ali Bin Laden and his Forty Thieves! :rofl: :rofl:

Now, now, Blowhard!

Seppos in Crystal Cathedrals shouldn’t throw stones. :eusa_naughty:

Excluding braver men’s kills, I mean. Where it is customary for them to invite cowardly America to come in and kick the cadaver when it is all over. So you piss weak pricks can make pictures about how you “won the war!” :rolleyes:

Even a bunch of spaced out Khat smoking Somali “Specials” sent you yelping in terror, like the pack of pampered Poodles you are, back to the safety of The Reich.

You couldn’t even beat a mob of Vietnamese sheilas in black pyjamas whose slumber party you disturbed. :redface:

And now, just to heap coals on your Zeppelin sized heads, 200,000 of your best can’t beat Ali Bin Laden and his Forty Thieves! :rofl: :rofl:

This coming from a blowhard whose whole schtick is that the US is a brutal, evil empire that killed over 2 million Iraqis. :rofl:

Let me guess, the wind suddenly changed direction and you decided to run with it. :badgrin:

Wow. Is this a new revelation that just happened during the course of this thread or is this you talking out of both sides of your ass again? Your whole online gimmick is that we're a dangerous, murderous regime whose foreign policies are rooted in global domination and that we must be stopped. Now you're saying we're the keystone cops of world imperalism. So which one are we Cap? We can't be both.

Wow. Is this a new revelation that just happened during the course of this thread or is this you talking out of both sides of your ass again? Your whole online gimmick is that we're a dangerous, murderous regime whose foreign policies are rooted in global domination and that we must be stopped. Now you're saying we're the keystone cops of world imperalism. So which one are we Cap? We can't be both.

Put it this way.

At one stage my clearance was high enough to enter and leave American territory without a visa or clearing customs.

Now go ask the Sergeant Bilkos here if they ever had that kinda clearance.

Ooops! Serves me right for anticipating your reply to my “WAS!”

Put it this way.

At one stage my clearance was high enough to enter and leave American territory without a visa or clearing customs.

Now go ask the Sergeant Bilkos here if they ever had that kinda clearance.

Ooops! Serves me right for anticipating your reply to my “WAS!”

Wrong thread, Cap. Lay off the piss and go to bed.......or maybe carrying on a conversation in two different threads is beyond your mental capacity. :badgrin:

Actually you can be both. You dont have to be smart to kill a lot of people, in fact, it might even be part of the "dumb" factor and what makes you "lose".

Our foreign policy is brutal and authoritarian. We dont respect other nations soveriegnty or their right to disagree with us. We called france a traitor for not agreeing with our invasion of Iraq and the french were RIGHT, we didnt need to and we certainly should NOT have.

Look at the latin american region and how many coups over the years we have staged, how many terrorist groups we trained, armed and funded.

The direction that US has been taking isnt one that american people decide, it isnt a policy that we really even discuss in truthful terms. We are pretty locked out of far too much of american policy, far too much is classified so we are left with too little information etc. Of course thats our fault because we should demand that we drive the policy. I dont think the majority of americans would support our predatory foreign policy.

Whats interesting to note is that the US govt (along with CIA) acknowledged years ago that our foreign policy and our actions would cause "blowback". They understood that they were painting a target on our back and that many things they did were going to INFLAME people and we expected retalliation and the US govt decided that was acceptable and the US public was never consulted and this was never part of our public discourse. I would call that a blatent betrayal of the american public.

I still cant believe how many people actually buy the "they hate for us for freedoms and they are jealous" excuses for why people in other nations are so completely pissed off at us.

Actually you can be both. You dont have to be smart to kill a lot of people, in fact, it might even be part of the "dumb" factor and what makes you "lose".

Our foreign policy is brutal and authoritarian. We dont respect other nations soveriegnty or their right to disagree with us. We called france a traitor for not agreeing with our invasion of Iraq and the french were RIGHT, we didnt need to and we certainly should NOT have.

Look at the latin american region and how many coups over the years we have staged, how many terrorist groups we trained, armed and funded.

The direction that US has been taking isnt one that american people decide, it isnt a policy that we really even discuss in truthful terms. We are pretty locked out of far too much of american policy, far too much is classified so we are left with too little information etc. Of course thats our fault because we should demand that we drive the policy. I dont think the majority of americans would support our predatory foreign policy.

Whats interesting to note is that the US govt (along with CIA) acknowledged years ago that our foreign policy and our actions would cause "blowback". They understood that they were painting a target on our back and that many things they did were going to INFLAME people and we expected retalliation and the US govt decided that was acceptable and the US public was never consulted and this was never part of our public discourse. I would call that a blatent betrayal of the american public.

I still cant believe how many people actually buy the "they hate for us for freedoms and they are jealous" excuses for why people in other nations are so completely pissed off at us.

I never bought that "jealous" shit and WMDs didn't make a difference to me one way or another. I'm just glad we stopped ignoring a crazy cult that was growing larger and killing Americans. A very good argument can still be made that invading Afghanistan AND Iraq have disrupted their priorities and sent other countries a damn good message. You don't just cruise around and kill Americans at will.

Forum List

Back