Explosive Video: WTC Exploding Like A Bag Of Flour-ABC News Quote

Let me tell you a story...

A friend of mine who lives in the country, heard the tornado sirens go off one day from a nearby town. He had a clear view for miles and decided to take a look. He walked completely around his house and couldn't see any sign of a tornado. He went back into the house and as soon as he shut the front door debris started to hit the house hard. He ran down the basement and as soon as he turned the corner the front door flew down the basement steps just missing him. He crouch down and in an instant his house was gone and there was nothing but sky above him. Later when he looked over the wreckage he found that his dining room chandelier somehow fell into the basement completely unharmed while everything that was around it, even the ceiling joist it was attached to, was completely gone.

I guess I could have shortened the story to make my point but I thought it was a good story...

So you're comparing the explosive power created by explosives, strong enough to pulverize 4" thick concrete floors, with a tornado?

Really?

:eusa_think:

Yes.

The shockwaves from explosives at several different locations on each level would create eddies in the air currents from the blasts.

Like eddies in a river that changes the water currents and makes slack areas with no water current for fish to stay.

Tell you what Creative. Please come up with the potential energy number needed to completely pulverize one 4" thick concrete floor, 208' x 208' with a rectangle missing out of the square equal to the core dimensions.

What is the amount of explosive needed to do that?

So you're comparing the explosive power created by explosives, strong enough to pulverize 4" thick concrete floors, with a tornado?

Really?

:eusa_think:

Yes.

The shockwaves from explosives at several different locations on each level would create eddies in the air currents from the blasts.

Like eddies in a river that changes the water currents and makes slack areas with no water current for fish to stay.

Tell you what Creative. Please come up with the potential energy number needed to completely pulverize one 4" thick concrete floor, 208' x 208' with a rectangle missing out of the square equal to the core dimensions.

What is the nominal compressive strength of the concrete?
Was the concrete used fiber reinforced?
What type of reinforcing steel was used, at what spacing?
Were the floors created using slip-forms, or steel decking that was left in place?
If the floors were created on steel decking that was left in place, were Nelson studs used and at what spacing?
What type of floor covering was used?
What was the spacing of the control joints, and what type of control joints were used?
What type of conduit was used to transmit the utility lines through the floor, and what was the spacing of said conduit?
What was the estimated dead load of the furnishings and equipment in the building at the time of demolition?
Was there any deviation from the plans that were shown on the "as-builts"?
Were any changes made to the structure after construction that were documented on the "as-builts"?

If the media would simply print this information, I could start on calculating a rough estimated value for the force needed to perform such a demolition.
All buildings are not created equal, and the above unknown items have a direct bearing on the calculations of the information that you asked for.

Since this information has been "withheld" by the corrupt media, there must be a conspiracy to cover-up the fact that it was a CONSPIRACY!!!

Yes.

What is the nominal compressive strength of the concrete?
Was the concrete used fiber reinforced?
What type of reinforcing steel was used, at what spacing?
Were the floors created using slip-forms, or steel decking that was left in place?
If the floors were created on steel decking that was left in place, were Nelson studs used and at what spacing?
What type of floor covering was used?
What was the spacing of the control joints, and what type of control joints were used?
What type of conduit was used to transmit the utility lines through the floor, and what was the spacing of said conduit?
What was the estimated dead load of the furnishings and equipment in the building at the time of demolition?
Was there any deviation from the plans that were shown on the "as-builts"?
Were any changes made to the structure after construction that were documented on the "as-builts"?

If the media would simply print this information, I could start on calculating a rough estimated value for the force needed to perform such a demolition.
All buildings are not created equal, and the above unknown items have a direct bearing on the calculations of the information that you asked for.

Since this information has been "withheld" by the corrupt media, there must be a conspiracy to cover-up the fact that it was a CONSPIRACY!!!

Hey Slackjaw. Why don't we just use our own concrete as a baseline? Look up some information on common concrete used in flooring and see what we come up with.

That might give us an idea of what was needed.

"Normal" concrete used in building flooring is nominally rated at 3000psi. Explosive failure of 3000psi concrete BEGINS at approx. 10 times the nominal strength. This is the theroretical force required to reduce the material to fragments approx. 1/2 the minimum nominal dimension. The force to reduce the material to dust would be much greater, however, a large amount of dust would be created in an explosion that created rubble with 75% of the material turned into fragments 1/2 the nominal dimension of the structural member destroyed.

For the sake of argument, and ease of calculation, lets examine a 4" x 4" x 4" cube of 3000 psi concrete, since we simply do not have enough information at hand to anlalyze the actual structure.

given;
3000 psi concrete
4" uniform cube of concrete

assume;
no reinforcement
explosive force = 10x nominal strength
concrete uniform throughout and equal to nominal strength

solve for;
explosive (force applied in less than 1.5 seconds) force required to reduce said cube to nominal 2" chunks, with a lot of dust also created
use conventional explosive force of 134.4 MJ per unit of explosive(134.4 MJ is equal to 134.4 tons (268,000 pounds) moving at 100 mph) use 268,000 pounds for unit simualrity

first find area of one surface of cube;
4" x 4" = 16 square inches of area

next find 'explosive force;
3000 psi(pounds per square inch) = 3000 x 16 = 48000 pounds x 10 = 480,000 pounds of force

force of conventional explosive = 134.4 MJ or 268,000 pounds (at 100mph)

268,000 pounds is not greater than 480,000 pounds, therefore, conventional explosives would not be enough force to reduce the cube of concrete to particle 1/2 the nominal size of the structure.

To provide a more realistic approach, and account for preheated concrete, internal stress, and several other unknown factors;
assume the force of the explosion is not conventional, but something like super thermite, which has an explosive force upwards of 16 times the conventional explosives;
therefore:
280,000 x 16 = 4,480,000 pounds

4,480,000 pounds is greater than 480,000 pounds, therefore a super thermite explosion would indeed be enough to reduce said cube to fragments 1/2 the nominal dimension of the structure.

There are a lot of assumptions there, but the above rough estimate is the basis the twoofers use for their continued insistence that super thermite was used to bring down the towers on 911.
The above assumptins ignore several important factors, such as shape of the structure, preheated condition, reinforcement, ect ect.

However; my point in this pointless exercise is to show exactly why the claims of super thermite being used are made.
In short, because that is the force needed to created the results that were observed.

It should also be noted that all explosives leave behind traces of their use. To date, no reports of traces of super thermite were reported.
Notice I say reported, as that is the exact basis of the twoofers claims. The fact that there were no traces of super thermite reported are the basis of the claims of a cover-up, as the force needed to created the observed results are very close to the force created by a super thermite demolition.

The logic of the twoofers claims however, is circular at best, very much the same as observing a crushed car, and relating the resulting wreckage to the impact of a freight train and a car. Then applying that statement to say that the car "must have been crushed by a train, it's the ONLY thing that could have done this".

Circular logic is the specialty of the conspiracy theorists.

"World Trade Center Buildings Exploding Like A Bag Of Flour"-ABC News Quote

YouTube- 911 Smoking Gun: North Tower Exploding

Must have been flour in those towers then!!!

No, I guess there wasn't flour in those buildings after all.

It was just solid objects like concrete and office supplies that resembled an exploding bag of flour before they even hit the ground.

Can you please provide the proof that the dust you see emanating from the tower as it collapses is in fact all 100% concrete dust? Or provide details as to how much of it is concrete dust and how much is dust from the gypsum planking?

I just want to make sure I understand what proof you have in order to make the claim that it was strictly concrete and office supplies.

Thanks.

Forum List

Back