Exploring the Xbox One Console

Discussion in 'XBox/Playstation/Nintendo Wii' started by TheGreatGatsby, May 14, 2016.

1. TheGreatGatsby

TheGreatGatsby Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,676
    You keep the games? I thought you had to have the disk to start the games even when they're added on the hard drive? I imagine they're throw away games and not like Madden and Dead Souls III.

2. TheGreatGatsby

TheGreatGatsby Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,676
    Finding that the Kinect is an additional sensor that can be bought irrespective of the console. I had thought some Xbox One's had 'em built in.

3. Alex.

Alex. BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,495
    I downloaded Assassins Creed Black Flag for example which is one of my favs I gave up when I switched from 360. I keep the gamed as long as I have a subscription and I have access to games from the online store for free.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Lewdog

Lewdog Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,416
    I have an Xbox One and the Gold Live membership. Here's the rub, with the membership you get two free Xbox One games per month and two free Xbox 360 backwards compatible games. Well you can buy your Live Gold membership with a prepaid card from a store and download the Xbox One games fine, but the 360 games it prompts you that you HAVE to put in a payment method in order to download those games. I wasn't cool with that and don't think that I should have to when my membership is already paid and the game is "free." I contacted customer service and they told me it is because the Xbox 360 games are by region so the payment method is to verify what region you live in, and that I can put in my info, download the game, then go in and remove my method... do you see the problem with this? First I'm putting in a payment method for something free I already paid for. Secondly I'm putting my financial information out there for a step that they themselves are saying I can just remove afterwards.

I'm going to file a claim with the BBB about this, and I think it would make one fine case for a class action suit again Microsoft. Anyone know any good lawyers that want to make a bunch of money?

• Informative Informative x 2
  5. Crixus

Crixus Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,355

I got one when my boys moved away to keep in touch. Since then it has been tasked with so much more from watching movies with the blueray player to survive the web. It serves well. It's also pretty user friendly.

6. Tilly

Tilly Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Erob: Where the Sun Sets West of Phoenecia
    Ratings:
    +14,947
    OK, Bit the bullet and got the Xbox one elite today :eek:. I've been procrastinating forever because it seems a bit extravagant since I already have a PS4 - which I rarely play. However, I like silly kids games and wanted to revisit my childhood and Xbox has games like Banjo Kazooie :) so I've been having fun with that, and I downloaded Rise of the Tomb Raider - which is meh - so far. However, the elite controller is the biz, so I'm happy that I took the plunge.

• Informative Informative x 1