Explination

gkjpalmer

Aug 14, 2012
Here is the truth.

What is ocurring at the US Embassys in Cairo and Yeman is the result of stupid people reacting to stupid people.

The Video? Stupid
Violence in responce to a stupid video? Equally Stupid

Stupid Vs Stupid.

For the rest of us, we should not get sucked into the stupid. We have enough stupid already.

For those who agree with this, from all places and nations and faiths...thank you for being here and hope you have a great day.

Swallow...I agree...It appears that the Libya attack was a planned attack by some small group of actors connected to either Kahdafi Loyalists or sympathetic to Alcaida, a different brand of stupid for sure.

It was great to see Libyans take to the streets the following day to protest that attack.

Yep.

Looks like Al-Qaeda infiltrated the protests to use them as cover for the attack.

Gotta give it to them. They leave no stone unturned when it comes to disgusting.

gkjpalmer, et al,

This is a kind-of, reasonable assessment.

Here is the truth.

What is ocurring at the US Embassys in Cairo and Yeman is the result of stupid people reacting to stupid people.

The Video? Stupid
Violence in responce to a stupid video? Equally Stupid

Stupid Vs Stupid.

For the rest of us, we should not get sucked into the stupid. We have enough stupid already.

For those who agree with this, from all places and nations and faiths...thank you for being here and hope you have a great day.
(COMMENT)

When we first talked about the "Arab Spring" and the impact it would have on America and US-Arab Country relations (whatever country the "A-Spring" infected), we talked about the potential for problems and the need to reduce the US footprint in countries like Egypt, Libya, and Yemen. We needed to get out of the way, and keeping our official political commentary to ourselves, letting these Arabs choose their own destiny.

The Arabs make choices that are not always consistant with US Interests. And US interests are not always in the best interest of the Arab.

We knew that there were strong and influential anti-American elements emerging in all around the A-Spring, including Egypt. The Egyptians, like any of the Arab States, don't care for the Americans. With the growing influence of the Muslim Brotherhood (and similar elements), the US needs back away slowly and carefully. Anything could ignite trouble or spark an incident. We need to reduce our official contact and aid packages to a minimum; disentangling ourselves from these newly established leaderships until the governments and the people reveal themselves for what they are to become.

Most Respectfully,
R

straight_ahead, et al,

This may be true!

the US needs back away slowly and carefully. Anything could ignite trouble or spark an incident.
Don't you understand that they make up a reason when it suits them no matter what you do?
(COMMENT)

The lower the profile, and the less visibility, we have - reduces the likelihood of a strike. The less we interact with these unstabile populations, and psychopathic elements within them, the less the attraction there is towards anti-American activity.

The lower the proximity, the more difficult it becomes for the troubled and fanatical in these unstable regions to strike US activities.

Nothing is foolproof, but there are ways for the US to improve and rebuild its reputation. The first of these is to become less interventionist, and not be a self-appointed "World Police." We need to let the barbaric nature of these cultures resolve the issues on there own, and let them fight their own battles; even if it means they become unproductive in the global economy.

Most Respectfully,
R

I think it needs to be stated that The biggest reason for our being within this region to the extent that we have been for nearly a century is that they sit upon our primary energy source.

We do not have the "Foot Print" because we want to..We have it because we have to. (oil)

IE; if I was not chemically dependent on Crack, I would not be in a neighborhood of Crack Houses and get caught up in their internal conflicts.

The #1 thing that the U.S. needs to do is back away from it's misguided total support of Israel.

Until that happens we wil always be seen in a negative light by the people of the middle east and basically the rest of the world. :cool:

Sunni Man...hello

To be frank...This Isreal/Arab/Palestine issue with the US as a third party sucks. The US has tried to help, and failed, in a situation where the two parties themselves most directly impacted have failed.

Theoretically you suggest that if the US were to totally disengage from this issue or provide unconditional support for the opposing side we would cause all the people of the Middle East to swoon with love for us? I just dont think so.

Sunni...I can think of hundreds of reasons I have heard for why People in the Mid East hate America. The first I believe is because we are there. We are there for oil. In being there we get tangled up with very proud, traditional yet difficult cultural issues. After that comes the rest of the reason list of which Isreal is another.

My first thing? Not have our most significant need be what the Middle East has that America survives on. Oil.

Forum List

Back