Explaining the Shocking Media Monolith

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
In her latest tome, Ann Coulter spends a great amount of ink documenting the premises of social psychologists Gustave Le Bon, with respect to the way liberals behave. The 1896 book, "The Crowd: A Study of the Popular Mind," he presents the claim that a mob can only grasp the “very simple and very exaggerated” and this is the basis for the tendency to worship and idolize their political leaders.

Their chosen images must be absolute and uncompromising… As Le Bon says, the “primitive” black-and-white emotions of a crowd slip easily into “infatuation for an individual.”

Liberals worship so many political deities that they must refer to them by initials, just to save time- FDR, JFK, RFK, MLK, LBJ, and O.J. Ever hear a conservative get weepy about “RWR” or refer to something as hokey as “Camelot”? Passionate adoration are the primitive emotions of a mob, sentiments generally associated with women, children, and savages, according to Le Bon. Check out some of her examples….

1. Eleanor Clift referred to the pudgy Clinton-Gore team as “the all-beefcake ticket.”
2. Clinton as the “first sensitive male chief executive.” January 25, 1993 Newsweek
3. Clinton: “he has the kind of hands that people respond to." Peter Jennings, ABC's 1992 convention coverage.
4. Time Senior Writer Walter Shapiro crowed …”for the first time in more than 30 years the nation has elected a President with sex appeal”
5. Cheryl Russell, Editor of The Boomer Report, … confides, 'Every woman I know is having sex dreams about Bill Clinton.'"http://www.mediaresearch.org/mediawatch/1992/watch19921201.asp

6. The New York Time’s Judith Warner reported, “Many women- not too surprisingly – were dreaming about sex with the president [Obama]”. Sometimes a President Is Just a President - NYTimes.com
7. “…the Obamas are not just a beacon of hope, inspiration and “demigodlikeness,” Ibid.
8. NBC’s Matt Lauer noted that “people” have called Obama “ ‘The Savior,’ ‘The Messiah,’ ‘The Messenger of Change,’ “ Today Show, NBC, October 20, 2008.
9. Andrea Mitchell- “but Obama is a rock star!" …” NBC’s Andrea Mitchell during MSNBC’s live coverage of the Democratic convention, July 27, 2004
10. “Obama seemed the political equivalent of a rainbow — a sudden preternatural event inspiring awe and ecstasy....” Time’s Joe Klein, October 23, 2006 cover story, "Why Barack Obama Could Be the Next President."

11. “…especially in Iowa, cradle of presidential contenders. Around here, they’re even naming babies after him."
— ABC Nightline co-anchor Terry Moran, Nov. 6, 2006
12. Obama is moving his audiences not just politically, but emotionally. Even some political commentators who’ve seen it all can’t help but gush.... — CBS’s Tracy Smith on the The Early Show, February 14.
13. "It’s almost hard to remain objective because it’s infectious…” — NBC reporter Lee Cowan in an MSNBC.com video about the Obama campaign posted January 7.
14. And today, the audacity of hope had its rendezvous with destiny. The Kennedy clan anointed Barack Obama a son of Camelot."
— ABC’s David Wright on the January 28 World News, reporting on Ted Kennedy’s endorsement of Obama.
15. Co-host John Roberts: "I want to just stipulate at the beginning of this interview, we are declaring a Reverend Wright-free zone today. So, no questions about Reverend Wright....Is that okay with you?" Barack Obama: "Fair enough. That sounds just fine."— CNN’s American Morning, May 5.

16. Host Howard Kurtz: "Are journalists rooting for the Obama story?"
The Politico’s John Harris, referring to the Washington Post: "It wouldn’t surprise me that there’s some of that....A couple years ago, you would send a reporter out with Obama, and it was like they needed to go through detox when they came back — ‘Oh, he’s so impressive, he’s so charismatic,’ and we’re kind of like, ‘Down, boy.’"— Exchange on CNN’s Reliable Sources, January 13.
17. "I think there is a problem, though, with the media gushing over him too much. I don’t think he thinks that he’s all that, but the media does. I mean, the [Democratic convention] coverage after, that I was watching, from MSNBC, I mean these guys were ready to have sex with him."
— HBO’s Bill Maher on Real Time, August 29.
18. Chris Matthews: "If you're in [a room] with Obama, you feel the spirit moving." Book Monitor (Current Edition)
19. George Stephanopoulos rhapsodized, "We have not seen this kind of combination of star power and brain power and political muscle this early in a cabinet in our lifetimes."
George Stephanopoulos: Obama Cabinet Unparalleled in 'Brain Power' | NewsBusters.org
20. Time's Nancy Gibbs who opened this week's cover story by comparing Obama with Jesus: “Some princes are born in palaces. Some are born in mangers. But a few are born in the imagination, out of scraps of history and hope...” In the November 17 issue.

21. Liberal beliefs were summarized by “Harold Koplewicz, president of the Child Mind Institute, a center for psychiatric research and clinical care in Manhattan, remembers watching Obama at the Alfred E. Smith Memorial Fund Dinner in 2008, when the then-senator was a candidate. “It was truly extraordinary how much we expected Obama to do,” he says. “He was going to end war, end the recession, improve education, improve our image to the world, and provide universal health care. Whether or not he could actually do it wasn’t important. It was the belief in him that was.” Why Do American Voters Think Like Small Children? -- New York Magazine
22. Even going back to Andrew Jackson, father of the Democratic Party, we see the same kind of language used: “Was Jackson a rock star? Yes,… “He appeared to feel as a father surrounded by a numerous band of children,” one newspaper said, “happy in their affections and loving them with all a parent’s love.” ‘Bloody Bloody’ and the Real Andrew Jackson - NYTimes.com More “staggering” crowds of admirers!
23. Today? Still mobs: the Hollywood celebrities pledge Go to 3:54: "I pledge to be a servant to our president and all mankind." Creepy? [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51kAw4OTlA0]YouTube - ‪Demi Moore and Ashton Kutcher's I Pledge Video‬‏[/ame]
24. “Elena Kagan ’81 … watched Walter Cronkite usher in the news that Democratic candidate Elizabeth Holtzman had lost the race for one of New York’s Senate seats. And then she sat down and wept.” Reserved passion: Kagan
25. “Time's Margaret Carlson …introduced Hillary to the nation in January 1992 as an "amalgam of Betty Crocker, Mother Teresa and Oliver Wendell Holmes," a woman who "discusses educational reform....then hops into her fuel-efficient car with her perfectly behaved daughter for a day of good works." Guest Comment on NRO

26. Lance Morrow in Time magazine, July 12, 1999, about Hillary: “Hillary as a new archetype (somewhere between Eleanor and Evita, transcending both) at a moment when the civilization pivots, at last, decisively—perhaps for the first time since the advent of Christian patriarchy two millenniums ago—toward Woman.
27. Obama won a Nobel Prize based on his first twelve days in office.
28. “The moment was vintage Obama - emphasizing his zest for inquiry, his personal involvement, his willingness to make the tough call, his search for middle ground. If an Obama brand exists, it is his image as a probing, cerebral president conducting an exhaustive analysis of the issues so that the best ideas can emerge, and triumph.” Obama and oil drilling: How politics spilled into policy
29. BARACK OBAMA has been voted the sexiest politician in the world. Barack Obama voted world's sexiest politician - The Daily Record [Ann Coulter referred to him as a ‘big-eared beanpole.’ The horror!]

Now, think of the way they refer to their political opponents!

Forum List

Back