Explain to us Libs, what is a living wage?

Succint and spot on you say.

Hey. Then it ought to be real easy to post up a couple examples of what unearned wages the government is forcing private businesses to pay.

Noticed how you slid right over that fact that people who are low skill and low pay don't stay on the job when they don't work.

Except in your weird version of the work world, low skill low wage workers get to stay on the job and get their "unearned" income.

I have hired many an employee who didn't earn their wages until they were trained and ready to be turned loose. And in what world do you live in where that low skill low wage worker who isn't earning his wages doesn't get paid before he gets fired? Even those who are trained and working efficiently still earn only so much for their employer. If the employer is required to pay the employee more than the employee is earning for the employer, the employee is receiving unearned wages. And no employer can afford to keep such employees for long, thus the more the system requires the employer to pay unearned wages, the fewer opportunities for all there will be.

Succint and spot on you say.

Hey. Then it ought to be real easy to post up a couple examples of what unearned wages the government is forcing private businesses to pay.

Noticed how you slid right over that fact that people who are low skill and low pay don't stay on the job when they don't work.

Except in your weird version of the work world, low skill low wage workers get to stay on the job and get their "unearned" income.

I have hired many an employee who didn't earn their wages until they were trained and ready to be turned loose. And in what world do you live in where that low skill low wage worker who isn't earning his wages doesn't get paid before he gets fired? Even those who are trained and working efficiently still earn only so much for their employer. If the employer is required to pay the employee more than the employee is earning for the employer, the employee is receiving unearned wages. And no employer can afford to keep such employees for long, thus the more the system requires the employer to pay unearned wages, the fewer opportunities for all there will be.

You have never been responsible for the profitability of a project in your life. What in the world makes you think that the success and/or profitability of a job is based on the LOWEST wage person(s) on the job?

If you show up on a work site where you have been hired to pick up construction debris and at the end of the day you are told not to come back, yes you get paid for that day, a whopping 64 dollars. And you think that will make or break the job?

You need to do a better job yourself of estimating labor costs. But me thinks you have never hired or run a work crew in your life. IMO.

I actually see more management types that would fit your definition of what is
"unearned income". You ever hear of the Peter Principle? You know, rising to the level of their incompetence?

A "living wage" is a euphemism for a much higher minimum wage. It's part of overall campaign to give government more control over our economic decisions.

Libs think everyone who pushes a broom for a living should earn enough to buy a house and send 4 kids to college.[/QUOTE]

I think it's much broader than that. And it's not just libs. Corporatists in general want government to have pervasive control over the economy.

Nah, but it would be ok if they could pay the rent, buy food and pay their other necessary expenses. Without having to be on food stamps, sec 8 housing or medicaid.

Or do you like using your tax dollars to prop up profitable companies that won't pay their workers enough to live?

Libs think everyone who pushes a broom for a living should earn enough to buy a house and send 4 kids to college.[/QUOTE]

I think it's much broader than that. And it's not just libs. Corporatists in general want government to have pervasive control over the economy.

Nah, but it would be ok if they could pay the rent, buy food and pay their other necessary expenses. Without having to be on food stamps, sec 8 housing or medicaid.

Or do you like using your tax dollars to prop up profitable companies that won't pay their workers enough to live?

I'll give you the same answer I give everyone.

If your job doesn't pay you enough then you have options.

Increase your skill set and get a better paying job or work a second job in addition to your full time job.

IMO anyone who is able to work should be ineligible for government benefits

They can't get roommates to save on rent?? You don't have the RIGHT to live alone... They can't shop for cheap food together??

You don't HAVE To be on any aid.. people who actually have a work ethic do these things all the time

You guys mind fixing those quotes?

Yeah, I did a huge double take when I'm reading a quote that appears to have your name on it and seemed so out of character for you I thought you had been replaced by a shape shifter.

I hate when the quote feature malfunctions. It always seems to do it when the statement attributed to us is the silliest or most stupid ever. :)

Forum List

Back