Explain to us Libs, what is a living wage?

JRK

Feb 27, 2011
If it takes 15.00 an hour to have a "living" wage, well I really dont have an issue with that except that really all your doing is raising the cost to build a widget, or grow a widget to a point in which the 8.00 an hour becomes 15.00 an hour it seems to me
What is a living wage?

What happens when employers build Widgets and don't pay a wage their employees can support their families on?

The taxpayer steps in and subsidizes food, housing and healthcare for that family. Employer gets to profit off of cheap widgets.....taxpayers make up the difference

That is a subjective question. The answer is there really is no living wage since the cost of living varies so widely depending on where you live. It's why a minimum wage is so pointless. Hell my kids got 8 or 9 bucks an hour at Taco Bell when they were growing up. And the minimum wage was far below that.

So if Walmart paid their employees more money it would go from being Walmart prices to being Barney's 5th ave prices?

You know how dumb that sounds? The free market wouldnt have that and would just shop elsewhere, which is the incentive for Walmart to keep their prices low

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiRGRvE_Wqg]Caddyshack- The World Need Ditch Diggers, Too - YouTube[/ame]

the "jrk" thought his thread so important that it needed to be posted twice? :cuckoo:\

hey gramps, any thread that starts "explain libs....."

is

trolling

and isn't designed to get a response or enagage in discussion.

So if Walmart paid their employees more money it would go from being Walmart prices to being Barney's 5th ave prices?

You know how dumb that sounds? The free market wouldnt have that and would just shop elsewhere, which is the incentive for Walmart to keep their prices low

Maybe, what we need is a society where more money is used to pay people at the bottom of the pyramid, and less at the top of the pyramid. Then, prices don't have to rise after all.

The libs dont understand if they raise the min wage or have 15.00 an hour everything else raises and they will still be in the same position and just making more but also paying more for the goods.

who requessted 15 an hour?

Henery Ford figured out that if you pay enployeess enough to buy your product then you do very well.

The right wants only the 1% to be able to buy products.

Its a really stupid plan

The libs dont understand if they raise the min wage or have 15.00 an hour everything else raises and they will still be in the same position and just making more but also paying more for the goods.

Okay, so forget the libs for a moment. Forget raising the minimum wage. If more money were spent paying the bottom of the pyramid, and less on paying the top, raises would be better, prices would be the same, or maybe even less, and a much more stable economy would emerge. Where's the bad side?

the "jrk" thought his thread so important that it needed to be posted twice? :cuckoo:\

is

trolling

I'm a forum noob. I didn't even notice the bait lol. I gave an earnest response to what I thought was a good question. Didn't even think twice about motive.

Just to let you know this is my first venture into social networking or whatever its called.

What happens when employers build Widgets and don't pay a wage their employees can support their families on?

The taxpayer steps in and subsidizes food, housing and healthcare for that family. Employer gets to profit off of cheap widgets.....taxpayers make up the difference

Right winger can you comprehend what a question is? what is a living wage?

who requessted 15 an hour?
Are you that stupid that you dont know a comparison when you see one. IT was an EXAMPLE> Can you say EXAMPLE. Oh forget it. Your not worth my time:doubt:

Your not worth my time:doubt:

Obviously he was, because you took the time to reply, to finish it, and to post it. :lol: Apparently posting is only worth your time if you're insulting someone while saying nothing. Actually providing a reason for your position is too expensive, I guess. Maybe they should raise the minimum intelligence.

is

trolling

I'm a forum noob. I didn't even notice the bait lol. I gave an earnest response to what I thought was a good question. Didn't even think twice about motive.

Just to let you know this is my first venture into social networking or whatever its called.

Trolling?
how does the simple question of what is a living wage tolling?
I keep hearing it, none of you Libs know what it is?
If I feel like I am trolling, ignore it

Forum List

Back