Explain to me...

You'll need to allow for my abysmal ignorance of the US political system.

Did the Senate generate the Patriot Act? If so, how did it do so? If not, then where did it come from? I need a hand here, I know Google is my friend and all that but I'm not too proud to ask for help from other sources :D
anything and everything that passes must pass in both the house and the senate
and then must be signed by POTUS to become law
so the democrats had just as much a part in it as the republicans did

you admit to not knowing our system, yet it never stops you from trying to act like you do
i dont try to tell you how things run down under, please back the fuck off on things up here that you clearly dont know much about

Okay then, but

Still an epic fail in terms of principle and policy critique. That was my line of reasoning.

I'll keep quiet now.

What failure?

Iraq is now a democracy and the insurgents are defeated. Should have been done in two years instead of 8, but done anyway.

Al Queda and Taliban routed out of Afghanistan. US pressure has forced Pakistan to now pretty much wipe them out in Swat.

We lost fewer forces in 8 years in Iraq than we lost in ONE WEEK of Iwo Jima.....one DAY on Normandy....

So where's the failure? We basically proved the Euroweenies, who piss their pathetic pants at almost anything now, WRONG, especially the Oil for Food scandal hacks from France and Russia...

To borrow from Denzel Washington in "Philadelphia"...

Explain to me like I'm a six-year old the necessity and big rush to close Gitmo! I can't help but hope it's more than just to appease the European leftists.
Terrorists use Gitmo as a recruiting tool. Simple enough?

Is this similar to how Christians use hell as a recruiting tool? :tongue:

Explain to me like I'm a six-year old the necessity and big rush to close Gitmo! I can't help but hope it's more than just to appease the European leftists.
terrorists also use the provocative movies an sexuality issues from Hollywood as a recruiting tool, should we shut that down too?

they also mention Bill Clinton's infidelity, should we do what they ask in that regard as well?

I had read that conditions at Gitmo had been likened somewhat to Club Med compared to our prisons but I had no idea that the terrorists were chomping at the bit to get in.

Well, now... that sheds a whole new light on the subject. :cuckoo:

What failure?

Iraq is now a democracy and the insurgents are defeated. Should have been done in two years instead of 8, but done anyway.

Al Queda and Taliban routed out of Afghanistan. US pressure has forced Pakistan to now pretty much wipe them out in Swat.

We lost fewer forces in 8 years in Iraq than we lost in ONE WEEK of Iwo Jima.....one DAY on Normandy....

So where's the failure? We basically proved the Euroweenies, who piss their pathetic pants at almost anything now, WRONG, especially the Oil for Food scandal hacks from France and Russia...

the INSURGENTS in Iraq are now defeated?.....no more Taliban in Afghanistan?......why are guys still dying over there? WHOM is doing the NEW killings?....have i missed something?

anything and everything that passes must pass in both the house and the senate
and then must be signed by POTUS to become law

you admit to not knowing our system, yet it never stops you from trying to act like you do
i dont try to tell you how things run down under, please back the fuck off on things up here that you clearly dont know much about

Okay then, but

Still an epic fail in terms of principle and policy critique. That was my line of reasoning.

I'll keep quiet now.

What failure?

Ah, foreign policy. Now I can lift my self-imposed gag.

9/11, AQ, Afghanistant - invade and grab them....oops....fail.

Attack Iraq, nothing to do with 9/11....oops...fail.

The cause of militant jihadis around the world bolstered by these fuckups.

Total fail.

I wish Obama well in fixing up this huge crock of shit left to him by BushCheney.

Okay then, but

I'll keep quiet now.

What failure?

Total fail.

I wish Obama well in fixing up this huge crock of shit left to him by BushCheney.
you are wrong on all accounts
LOL
but i've come to almost expect that from you

What failure?

Total fail.

you are wrong on all accounts
LOL
but i've come to almost expect that from you

So now consistency is a bad thing? :lol:

This time I'm not wrong though. The pivotal point of fuckup by BushCheney is right there in the invasion and occupation of Iraq, everything fuckedup follows from that terrible decision.

so have you two kissed and made up yet.....:lol:....anyway i felt ya both had some good points......:razz:

Yeah but I fucked up Harry, that's okay, I frequently learn from my fuckups :lol:
i do have some respect for you in that at least you admit your fuckups
;)
eventually

The stubborness is from the Irish side of the family - we might be defeated but we go down fighting :lol:

And at least now I better understand the legislative process in the US than I did 24 hours ago so it was a constructive experience.

Forum List

Back