Explain to me...

To the six-year old.

You have this festering boil on your arse. Should you get it lanced and dressed or should you let it go until it poisons your whole body?

Anyone with even a modicum of medical knowledge knows the primary objective in any potentially dangerous infection is to keep it contained.

(Don't you just love analogies!?)

BTW... I shall forever regret using the "Explain to me like I'm a six-year old" line. :razz:

I'll have you know that I'm the author of the about to be published (as soon as I can get Lulu.com to stop laughing) of "Beyond Band-Aids: Adventures in Self-Administered Surgery at Home." :lol:

Explain to me the big rush to open Gitmo.

Explain the me the big rush to attack a nation that had nothing to do with 911.

Explain to me the big rush to pass the (un)patriot Act.

Uh, duhhhh.

Uh, duhhhh.
gee, why dont you ask all those democrats that voted for all of that and also voted to fund it and KEEP voting to fund it

Uh, duhhhh.
gee, why dont you ask all those democrats that voted for all of that and also voted to fund it and KEEP voting to fund it

since he wont say it i will Dive.....DUHHHHHH

I sense the partisanship has taken this part of the thread to perhaps a stalemate.

The Dems voted for the Patriot Act and the rest of it not just because they were stampeded into going along with it based on the bullshit they were fed but also because they're a bunch of spineless, gutless, populist bastards just like 98% of the politicians in any liberal democracy that can't formulate policy without a poll or a focus group. They were, in the cyberlingo, an epic fail on that and associated issues.

I sense the partisanship has taken this part of the thread to perhaps a stalemate.

The Dems voted for the Patriot Act and the rest of it not just because they were stampeded into going along with it based on the bullshit they were fed but also because they're a bunch of spineless, gutless, populist bastards just like 98% of the politicians in any liberal democracy that can't formulate policy without a poll or a focus group. They were, in the cyberlingo, an epic fail on that and associated issues.
BULLSHIT

they they are so stupid they can be stampeded, then they are too fucking stupid to be in those jobs to begin with

BULLSHIT

they they are so stupid they can be stampeded, then they are too fucking stupid to be in those jobs to begin with

Wrong. They didn't do their job, their job - as is the job of any Loyal Opposition - was to critically examine the legislation put forward, not panic. They failed in it. If they had done their job then the policy response of the Bush Administration in this area wouldn't have been the disaster it was, it would have been ameliorated by sober examination of what was proposed. Instead the Dems went rushing around like chooks with their heads cut off, just like everyone else in Congress (except for a few individuals). They failed in their job - stupidity has nothing to do with it, gutlessness, a lack of leadership and adherence to principle completes the picture for the Dems.

BULLSHIT

Wrong. They didn't do their job, their job - as is the job of any Loyal Opposition - was to critically examine the legislation put forward, not panic. They failed in it. If they had done their job then the policy response of the Bush Administration in this area wouldn't have been the disaster it was, it would have been ameliorated by sober examination of what was proposed. Instead the Dems went rushing around like chooks with their heads cut off, just like everyone else in Congress (except for a few individuals). They failed in their job - stupidity has nothing to do with it, gutlessness, a lack of leadership and adherence to principle completes the picture for the Dems.
you forget they were not the opposition at the time
they had control of the US Senate
they didnt HAVE to do anything
this whole line of reason you are using is total BULLSHIT

To borrow from Denzel Washington in "Philadelphia"...

Explain to me like I'm a six-year old the necessity and big rush to close Gitmo! I can't help but hope it's more than just to appease the European leftists.

In my opinion. For decades America fought for humanitarian treatment world wide. Gitmo abuse was something that America spent countless years trying to convince other countries not to do. Then we did it.

If you have egg on your face, do you wait until you get home to wash it off, or do you seek to find a sink, napkin or handiwipe to get of quickly?

BULLSHIT

You'll need to allow for my abysmal ignorance of the US political system.

Did the Senate generate the Patriot Act? If so, how did it do so? If not, then where did it come from? I need a hand here, I know Google is my friend and all that but I'm not too proud to ask for help from other sources :D

Did the Senate generate the Patriot Act? If so, how did it do so? If not, then where did it come from? I need a hand here, I know Google is my friend and all that but I'm not too proud to ask for help from other sources :D
anything and everything that passes must pass in both the house and the senate
and then must be signed by POTUS to become law
so the democrats had just as much a part in it as the republicans did

you admit to not knowing our system, yet it never stops you from trying to act like you do
i dont try to tell you how things run down under, please back the fuck off on things up here that you clearly dont know much about

you admit to not knowing our system, yet it never stops you from trying to act like you do
i dont try to tell you how things run down under, please back the fuck off on things up here that you clearly dont know much about

Okay then, but

Still an epic fail in terms of principle and policy critique. That was my line of reasoning.

I'll keep quiet now.

Last edited:

Okay then, but

Still an epic fail in terms of principle and policy critique. That was my line of reasoning.

I'll keep quiet now.
a fail on YOUR part, yes

Okay then, but

I'll keep quiet now.
a fail on YOUR part, yes

Perhaps my point is too subtle for you. In that case too bad, my point would have gone whizzing past your ears except they're firmly stuffed up your rectum along with your head and your brain. :lol:

Okay then, but

I'll keep quiet now.
a fail on YOUR part, yes

Perhaps my point is too subtle for you. In that case too bad, my point would have gone whizzing past your ears except they're firmly stuffed up your rectum along with your head and your brain. :lol:
ah, projecting your own condition

:lol:

Six huh! Because we are the adult and you are the child. Verbally, "I know you don't want to go to bed but you need your rest and it is that time, off you go. Good night." You can, assuming you are mentally older than six, translate this to mean, it is the right thing to do. The American thing to do.

Apparently Obama's own party thinks NOT. Bottom line, this is yet another issue the assumed savior of a President has backed himself into another impossible corner. He announced the closing before he had a plan, now he's made a promise that no senator or rep will allow a single inmate in their state and no country will allow them in their border.

Now's he's backed himself into a corner with Iran and N. Korea. He's turning into as big a chump of a Pres as Jimmy Carter.....

Uh, duhhhh.

Your Wise Old Dems voted to pass ALL of those.......

To borrow from Denzel Washington in "Philadelphia"...

Explain to me like I'm a six-year old the necessity and big rush to close Gitmo! I can't help but hope it's more than just to appease the European leftists.
Terrorists use Gitmo as a recruiting tool. Simple enough?

Forum List

Back