Explain to me...

plt42

A Constitutionalist
Sep 3, 2008
Gulf Coast of Texas
To borrow from Denzel Washington in "Philadelphia"...

Explain to me like I'm a six-year old the necessity and big rush to close Gitmo! I can't help but hope it's more than just to appease the European leftists.

To borrow from Denzel Washington in "Philadelphia"...

Explain to me like I'm a six-year old the necessity and big rush to close Gitmo! I can't help but hope it's more than just to appease the European leftists.

that's it! it gives us an image problem.. when yerope says jump,, we says How High?

But now Obama is losing support even from his own party for his plan to close Gitmo. In his "Rush to Close Gitmo, he didn't plan an exit strategy".

Sound familiar?

Six huh! Because we are the adult and you are the child. Verbally, "I know you don't want to go to bed but you need your rest and it is that time, off you go. Good night." You can, assuming you are mentally older than six, translate this to mean, it is the right thing to do. The American thing to do.

Image.
The photos of abuse did cause problems. Militant Islamic recruitment soared after the release of those photos. Not all abuse occurred at Gitmo but that base is the poster child for Bush abuse of detainees.
Closing it should ameliorate some of the contempt felt for it in Islamic nations. It will soften the Bush abuse...in the long run. Long, long time is needed.
Obama is illustrating that he opposed Bush abuse and is doing something--a token--about it. Is it right? Is it wrong? Will it do these things? I don't know.

Six huh! Because we are the adult and you are the child. Verbally, "I know you don't want to go to bed but you need your rest and it is that time, off you go. Good night." You can, assuming you are mentally older than six, translate this to mean, it is the right thing to do. The American thing to do.

Perhaps the reference to Denzel Washington's operning of his redirect to the large insurance company in the movie is not as well know as I'd assumed. My apologies for that.

In some of your other posts, I've found you to be a reasonable person however, in this case, forgive me when I say... that's the lamest response I've ever gotten...it is the right thing to do. The American thing to do In fact, it's no answer at all but thanks for playing.

Image.

Closing it should ameliorate some of the contempt felt for it in Islamic nations. It will soften the Bush abuse...in the long run. Long, long time is needed.
Obama is illustrating that he opposed Bush abuse and is doing something--a token--about it. Is it right? Is it wrong? Will it do these things? I don't know.

Image? ... Are you serious?

There is nothing this country can do to endear ourselves to the fanatical Islamic nation. Obama's "mea culpa" tactics to do so will prove to accomplish nothing positive... in fact, his actions thus far have served only to demonstrate a diminishing resolve.

ROFLMNAO...

EXCELLENT!

The "Because we say so" explanation... the last refuge of the impotent basis in reasoning.

Now Midcan would LOVED to have offered a well reasoned, intellectually sound, logically valid explanation... but she's ignorant of any such explanation... thus she's relegated to cliches and empty platitudes...

But such is the nature and the extent of the intellectual means of the ideological left...

Now some would argue that Midcan here is just an idiot... that there are REALLY solid, sound reasons for closing Gitmo... but scan the horizon; search far and wide and NO WHERE will you find such an explanation...

At every point where such an attempt is made... you get ethereal myth, born from overt lies and all of it sustained through a litany of empty platitudes and mindless cliches.

Last edited:

ROFLMNAO...

EXCELLENT!

The "Because we say so" explanation... the last refuge of the impotent basis in reasoning.

Now Midcan would LOVED to have offered a well reasoned, intellectually sound, logically valid explanation... but she's ignorant of any such explanation... thus she's relegated to cliches and empty platitudes...

But such is the nature and the extent of the intellectual means of the ideological left...

Now some would argue that Midcan here is just an idiot... that there are REALLY solid, sound reasons for closing Gitmo... but scan the horizon; search far and wide and NO WHERE will you find such an explanation...

At every point where such an attempt is made... you get ethereal myth, born from overt lies and all of it sustained in the back of a litany of empty platitudes and mindless cliches.

yep! the adults in charge will spend billions fixing what ain't broke just for "image" and then there will come another "image" problem.. and another, and another, and another..

Image.
The photos of abuse did cause problems. Militant Islamic recruitment soared after the release of those photos. Not all abuse occurred at Gitmo but that base is the poster child for Bush abuse of detainees.

Well there's NO GREATER tool for the recruiting of Islamic terrorists than the advocacy for the normalization of every form of hedonism and debauchery...

And while it's easy to declare that the photos of little brown muslims being stacked in naked pyramids... are useful recruiting tools... it can't be argued that such was a function of American policy... That in the case of Abu Ghirb, the naked Muslim pyramids were a function of poor leadership which stood antithetical TO US Policy... Not the least of which is taking photographs of naked prisoners and sending them home via the internet...

BUT... Such IS US policy where the normalization of sexual deviancy is concerned... and no one within the ranks of those establishing such as US policy are the slightest bit concerned that such is used in "RECRUITING;" NOR ARE THEY INTERESTED IN THE CONSIDERATION TO ABANDON SUCH TO DEPRIVE THE ENEMY OF THE MEANS TO RECRUIT USING THAT GIVEN POLICY... In contrast to their DEMAND that we abandon the mistreatment of prisoners... Even when such is not a tactic, and such is not even POLICY of the US Government... BECAUSE IT IS THE MEANS BY WHICH THEY UNDERMINE THE US CULTURE... as is the end of EVERY leftist policy... including the normalization of sexual deviancy.

THE LEFT FIEGNS UNBRIDLED OUTRAGED BY THE VERY MENTION THAT THERE SHOULD BE SOME CONSIDERATION TO INCREASE THE THRESHOLD OF PUBLIC STANDARDS TO PREVENT THE CELEBRATION OF PUBLIC DEBAUCHERY IN THE US ...

Mention that 'homosexual marriage' is a VERY effective tool for recruiting Islamic terrorism and they will IMMEDIATELY run to turn that around to reflect that the very contest of homosexual marriage is an APPEASEMENT of TERRORISTS...

They go from promoting Terrorists as VICTIMS... to OUTRAGED CITIZENS; DEMANDING SOCIAL JUSTICE!

ROFL...

You can't make this crap UP!

It is HYSTERICAL (in at least two senses and on several levels... )

Last edited:
Put it this way the big dog (and for better or for worse we - the USA - are the big dog) always has an image problem. There is no amount of apologizing that will make that go away. Closing gitmo does nothing but demostrate we can be bullied into engaging in counter productive actions for no good purpose. It also appeals to a large portion of Obama's leftwing moonbat base that increasingly controls the Democrat nomination process. Hince he attempted to keep at least one campaign promise only to be informed by the rational member of his party that he should pick a different one because NIMBY means that this one won't fly.

And Di I'd love to get rid of the festering boil on Americas ass but we will have to wait four years for the next election...

Last edited:
Closing gitmo does nothing but demostrate we can be bullied into engaging in counter productive actions for no good purpose.
Exactly.

The "taking away a recruitment tool" argument is so lame, the aforementioned six year-old could shred it.

1.) Those supposedly "recruited" were Islamic extremists anyway. What, did AQ set up in malls with a booth, to recruit? Go to trade shows and the like? Please.
2.) If you're gonna worry about "recruitment tools" you better start suppressing homosexuals, chaining up the women, abandoning Israel and imposing sharia law here.
3.) Does anyone really think the Supermax dungeons won't be a "recruiting tool?" Gitmo is club fucking MED in comparison.

When this enemy doesn't like something, we should. They don't like Iraq becoming an ally. They don't like Israel. They don't like moderate Muslims. The list goes on and on. They are an unhappy group and have been for thousands of years. They got particularly unhappy with the creation of Israel after WW2.

They don't like Gitmo. Waaaa....

Put it this way the big dog (and for better or for worse we - the USA - are the big dog) always has an image problem. There is no amount of apologizing that will make that go away. Closing gitmo does nothing but demostrate we can be bullied into engaging in counter productive actions for no good purpose. It also appeals to a large portion of Obama's leftwing moonbat base that increasingly controls the Democrat nomination process. Hince he attempted to keep at least one campaign promise only to be informed by the rational member of his party that he should pick a different one because NIMBY means that this one won't fly.

And Di I'd love to get rid of the festering boil on Americas ass but we will have to wait four years for the next election...

The boil was officially lanced on Jan 20, 2009. Just hope the ointment and dressing do their job...

Unfortunately the medicine in question was puss from a gangrenous wound and the bandage a piece of used toilet paper hence we shall almost certainly need an eventual amputation to cure waht ails us.

Unfortunately the medicine in question was puss from a gangrenous wound and the bandage a piece of used toilet paper hence we shall almost certainly need an eventual amputation to cure waht ails us.

Don't be such a pessimist....Although, you are right, pre Jan 20, 2009, a lot of puss was produced over those eight years. Wonder if it is terminal...

The boil was officially lanced on Jan 20, 2009. Just hope the ointment and dressing do their job...
not really, that same boil is still there and its 3 times more infected
only liberal obamabot dumbasses dont think so
Obama is doing Bush times 3

To the six-year old.

You have this festering boil on your arse. Should you get it lanced and dressed or should you let it go until it poisons your whole body?

Anyone with even a modicum of medical knowledge knows the primary objective in any potentially dangerous infection is to keep it contained.

(Don't you just love analogies!?)

BTW... I shall forever regret using the "Explain to me like I'm a six-year old" line. :razz:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylfCD6zirFE&feature=related]YouTube - Why FOX News Was Barred at Obama's Press Conference[/ame]

Forum List

Back