Explain this.

we have helmet laws - but like seatbelt laws, they 'brief well'. The Public eats that shit up...really.

"Speed Kills!"

"Seatbelt enforcement is because we CARE about you"

That sorta bs. :(

We used to have, at the very leas,t the 'helmet' law. But that is no longer in effect. Nothing protects them. And with the way the people drive here.....I'm thinking of purchasing a tank. Man, I'd be hell on wheels or what ever those things are called. :rolleyes:

Same reason Ohio has these laws:

It is illegal to mistreat anything of great importance.

Owners of tigers must notify authorities within one hour if the tiger escapes.

It is illegal to fish for whales on Sunday.

Women are prohibited from wearing patent leather shoes in public. (Makes them look like prostitutes)

It is illegal to get a fish drunk.

The Ohio driver's education manual states that you must honk the horn whenever you pass another car.

No one may be arrested on Sunday or on the Fourth of July.

Participating or conducting a duel is prohibited.

Breast feeding is not allowed in public.

# In Ohio, if you ignore an orator on Decoration day to such an extent as to publicly play croquet or pitch horseshoes within one mile of the speaker's stand, you can be fined $25.00.

It is illegal for more than five women to live in a house. (A house with more than five women is obviously a brothel.)

Joz said:
Mm is going to be busy for 5 hours!!! Whatever will I do?

I'd come and sit with you but I got to be at work soon. Take something to read. I will however see you all tomorrow! ;)

Its the government protecting you from yourself, they love to do that sort of thing. and more importantly to them is the revenue that the tickets generate. Kinda like a back door tax.

Use to be, in Ohio, they could only ticket you for a seat belt when they stopped you for something else. Now they are allowed to pull you over if they see you don't have it on.

It does help to wear them, but I don't think everyone should be forced too. But the state uses every means available to take your money.

gaffer said:
Its the government protecting you from yourself, they love to do that sort of thing. and more importantly to them is the revenue that the tickets generate. Kinda like a back door tax.

Use to be, in Ohio, they could only ticket you for a seat belt when they stopped you for something else. Now they are allowed to pull you over if they see you don't have it on.

It does help to wear them, but I don't think everyone should be forced too. But the state uses every means available to take your money.

I agree. From all that I've read and heard, seat belts save lives. With that said, if some people decide that they would rather die than wear, well let Darwinianism take its course, not the police.

It's basically the same reason why smoking and drinking are legal.

Every American has the right to decide how they want to kill themselves.

Forum List

Back