Explain this, Mr. Obama

Si modo

Diamond Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fairfax, Virginia
fredgraph4.png

Do yo really think you're getting thier votes?

UE does not mean he will not get re-elected, after all, I am sure that Mitt and the GOp are going to implode in August at their convention.

As you can see, the decline began in the late 90s. During Bush's 8 years in office, only 3 million jobs were created, until the recession, upon which all those gains were lost and then some.

During Clinton's 8 years, 25 million jobs were created.

Obama's pretty much had zero job growth in three years.

While domestic policy has some part in this, I think the larger part has to do with the collapse of the Soviet Union which led to India and China seeing the writing on the wall for central planning, which caused them to start moving toward free market economies. Suddenly, the world labor market was flooded with 2 billion additional workers competing to build your lava lamps, iPads, big screen TVs, and so forth.

Our labor force is puny in the face of this labor tidal wave. That we would be drowned by it was predicted many years ago.

Domestic wage and job suppression are to be expected as a result. And until these 2 billion laborers catch up with us in wages and benefits, the damper effect will be with us.

There are signs their standards of living are moving upward. The Foxcomm workers revolt is one example.

This is not excusing Obama. In fact, I have never even heard Obama mention this cause and effect. He's clueless, actually.

But it does go a long way toward explaing Bush's weak job growth and Obama's almost non-existent recovery. Our labor force's immune system was extremely weakened by cheap labor competition, so it could not battle the kind of recessionary blow it took in 2008. Thus the slow climb back.

Last edited:
Bush fucked us really long time.

Actually by that graph it looks like Bush did pretty well.

There was a big loss of jobs right after 911 (remember the airlines going bankrupt?)...
but according to this graph it started climbing again until about 2008 (when Obama was elected)....then it crashed and there's been NO GAINS since then. We're much worse off than when Bush first took office!

Ya, it was all Bush's fault! Lol!
You must be so proud of your president!

Obama can't do his job, then.

No surprise, six months into his term I knew he was incompetent.

How so? Givien the economy and AFTER tarp under Bush - which said we are as close to a depression as we have ever been. Did you think it would just go away in a minute, month, or year?
He did.

More incompetence.

I must be lame because I do not understand your reply at all, can you please explain or elaborate.

How so? Givien the economy and AFTER tarp under Bush - which said we are as close to a depression as we have ever been. Did you think it would just go away in a minute, month, or year?
He did.

More incompetence.

I must be lame because I do not understand your reply at all, can you please explain or elaborate.
You asked me if I thought "it would go away" in acertain time frame.

Obama DID.

And, that is just another shining example of his incompetence.

And, spending into MORE debt?

And, ruining our credit?

The incompetence is blatant.

Bush fucked us really long time.

Thats what they're being told on Fox & am radio. We should be out of the 2nd worst downturn in history in a few years EVEN given an obstructionist/do nothing House of Rep's and a filibuster first (DeMint & Paul), ask questions later Senate.

Thats what they're being told on Fox & am radio. We should be out of the 2nd worst downturn in history in a few years EVEN given an obstructionist/do nothing House of Rep's and a filibuster first (DeMint & Paul), ask questions later Senate.
Obama certainly has made HIS downturn one for the record books.

Nothing compares to how much he has fucked up.

Forum List

Back