Explain something to me.......

Joz

Mar 9, 2004
I don't watch much TV, but I happened upon a show tonight called 'According to Jim'. Cute. I like Jim Belushi. The premise of the show was Jim got an elderly male neighbor to take his wife places he didn't want to go....Opera, Symphony, etc.
His buddies reminded him this "old guy" was STILL A MAN....and that's what the old guy said when he did finally make a pass at the wife. She was disappointeded because "she tho't they were friends".

MM gets disappointed when a so called friend does just that. He says a true friend wouldn't. When they don't, I tell MM it's because I don't appeal to them. He says it's about the RESPECT the men have for HIM.

Which brings me finally to my point. Is this how men really are?
Why do men get married?
Why do men ever let their daughters get married?
Why do men ever leave their wives alone with their friends/brothers/any man?
Will men make a pass at a women just because he has the chance?
Would you make a pass at your friend's partner?

No, I don't know any men that are like that, and if I did, I'd have no respect for them.

Is this how men really are?
I think its how some men are. Some men, just like some women, have scruples and class and from simply the principle of what is and isnt right will act accordingly. There are some however, that dont and wont.
(However, I DO think its interesting how all men generally get grouped together in one of those categories more than the other)

Why do men get married?
I think it varies. My ex husband got married to me because he wanted a maid, children, someone to raise said children and to not be alone. Some men get married because they truly ARE in love I think.
Some because they think theyre supposed to....some because theyre tricked into it. Ive even heard one man say that he married b/c he felt he 'owed it to his parter since she had stuck with him for so long.

I dont think most do willingly, but what choice do we give them?

Well...DK doesnt. My ex did, but only so he could screw around. I think some men put too much faith into other men's morals and some maybe dont care...or maybe just dont think. Some maybe trust that their friends and partners wont deceive them in that way

I think so, yes. the funny thing to me, is when they do so and dont expect a pass back - then they dont know what to do. I think a lot of men will make passes at women just to make sure that they still 'got it' (whatever in the hell that IT is)
Also, some men are just dogs I think and would do it with a knothole in the tree given the chance. Case in point.... :wank:

Never. I may be alot of things....but disgraceful, deceitful, purposely hurtful and dishonest are not among those things.

It will be interesting to see how this thread is answered though, wont it? :)

Joz said:
I don't watch much TV, but I happened upon a show tonight called 'According to Jim'. Cute. I like Jim Belushi. The premise of the show was Jim got an elderly male neighbor to take his wife places he didn't want to go....Opera, Symphony, etc.
His buddies reminded him this "old guy" was STILL A MAN....and that's what the old guy said when he did finally make a pass at the wife. She was disappointeded because "she tho't they were friends".

MM gets disappointed when a so called friend does just that. He says a true friend wouldn't. When they don't, I tell MM it's because I don't appeal to them. He says it's about the RESPECT the men have for HIM.

Why do men get married?

No, I would not make a pass at a friend's partner, daughter, sister (without first warning) or at all now (I am married, I make passes at my wife). Shoot I wouldn't make a pass at any man's wife even before I was married, even if I didn't know him. It might be there in dark fantasy, but never would I act on such a thought.

A true friend would respect the boundaries.

Flirting is different though, but I flirt regardless of whether the husband is there or not.

no1tovote4 said:
No, I would not make a pass at a friend's partner, daughter, sister .... Shoot I wouldn't make a pass at any man's wife even before I was married, even if I didn't know him.....
Not even a french manicured red head? :D

some of em
Why do men get married?
different reasons

cause they cant stop em

cause they trust em

sometimes
Would you make a pass at your friend's partner?[/QUOTE]

maybe

dilloduck said:
When does a flirt turn into a pass?

When the goal is to get her in bed. Flirting is a way to pass the time, a pass is a statement of a goal. They may look the same but in practice they are entirely different.

no1tovote4 said:
When the goal is to get her in bed. Flirting is a way to pass the time, a pass is a statement of a goal. They may look the same but in practice they are entirely different.
got it--a flirt is that I think your hot but no hanky panky----guess both parties have to understand the innuendo precisely the same

dilloduck said:
got it--a flirt is that I think your hot but no hanky panky----guess both parties have to understand the innuendo precisely the same

:smoke:

Or one will be disappointed terribly!

But why is it a man can flirt with a woman and then disappear and all is well. But let a woman smile at a man and have a little friendy banter with him and right away he thinks, "she wants me!!!"

Joz said:
But why is it a man can flirt with a woman and then disappear and all is well. But let a woman smile at a man and have a little friendy banter with him and right away he thinks, "she wants me!!!"
Can't blame a guy for tryin

Joz said:
Which leads us right back to the men making pass thing again.
Its the way it works Joz------if your interested in someone you make a pass at em. Works for women too! They just prefer being the one being chased

no1tovote4 said:

What if your wife takes offense to your flirting? Would you stop?

Joz said:

Because men are wired to think about sex.

Forum List

Back