Explain reputation rules

Ernie S.

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2010
Sweet Home Alabama
OK I'm relatively new here and I have, since joining, not been into reputation. I prefer thanking posters for thoughtful ideas.
I have repped 9 people, one negatively, more for a pattern of well thought out, cogent posts than for individual instances.
My problem is, it seems that I can not rep a person a second time. I get a message that I must spread rep around before repping a certain person again. What are the rules on this? I may have to go on a thanking binge soon if I can't resolve this.

OK I'm relatively new here and I have, since joining, not been into reputation. I prefer thanking posters for thoughtful ideas.
I have repped 9 people, one negatively, more for a pattern of well thought out, cogent posts than for individual instances.
My problem is, it seems that I can not rep a person a second time. I get a message that I must spread rep around before repping a certain person again. What are the rules on this? I may have to go on a thanking binge soon if I can't resolve this.

I believe you get 10 reps a day? And must rep 8 people before you can re rep someone. Keeps changing.

• Thanks
Reactions: Jos

I believe you get 10 reps a day? And must rep 8 people before you can re rep someone. Keeps changing.
It's unlikely that I'd rep 10 times in one day. I don't like you people that much. I have given 8 positive reps but can not rep one particular person a second time. I guess I need to find a couple folks to heap praise on.

• Thanks
Reactions: Jos

It's unlikely that I'd rep 10 times in one day. I don't like you people that much. I have given 8 positive reps but can not rep one particular person a second time. I guess I need to find a couple folks to heap praise on.

Hit me, Ernie.

I can take it. LOL.

ok i'm relatively new here and i have, since joining, not been into reputation. I prefer thanking posters for thoughtful ideas.
My problem is, it seems that i can not rep a person a second time. I get a message that i must spread rep around before repping a certain person again. What are the rules on this? I may have to go on a thanking binge soon if i can't resolve this.

i believe you get 10 reps a day? And must rep 8 people before you can re rep someone. Keeps changing.

24/8

When you rep someone you have to rep ten others before you can rep that person again.

Hit me, Ernie.

I can take it. LOL.

God I really hate this but here it comes:eek:

Forum List

Back