Experts Say White House 'Misrepresented' Views to Justify Drilling Moratorium

teapartysamurai

Gold Member
Mar 27, 2010
The seven experts who advised President Obama on how to deal with offshore drilling safety after the Deepwater Horizon explosion are accusing his of misrepresenting their views to make it appear that they supported a six-month drilling moratorium -- something they actually oppose.

The experts, recommended by the National Academy of Engineering, say Interior Secretary Ken Salazar modified their report last month, after they signed it, to include two paragraphs calling for the moratorium on existing drilling and new permits.

Salazar's report to Obama said a panel of seven experts "peer reviewed" his recommendations, which included a six-month moratorium on permits for new wells being drilled using floating rigs and an immediate halt to drilling operations.

"None of us actually reviewed the memorandum as it is in the report," expert Ken Arnold told News. "What was in the report at the time it was reviewed was quite a bit different in its impact to what there is now. So we wanted to distance ourselves from that recommendation."
Salazar apologized to those experts Thursday.

Read more:
FOXNews.com - Experts Say White House 'Misrepresented' Views to Justify Drilling Moratorium

You want the translation for all that (and you need to read it all). It means Ken Salazar heard the experts, then ignored them and wrote what he wanted in the report, anyway.

Typical, typical liberalism. Like global warming. Ignore the facts and just keep on lying to everyone with what you want to believe (and hear), anyway.

Typical liberalism. Just lie your ass off and once you invent the lie, treat it like fact and accuse ANYONE of disagrees with that lie of wanting to pollute the world, kill the children/polar bears/baby seals/elves/leprechauns/planet loving fairies/etc etc etc.

Does anyone believe this admin cares about the what's good for the country? All they care about is their own agenda.

The only ones that think otherwise, are too damn stupid (aka drinking too deeply of the koolaid) to EVER bother to think for themselves.

It's like the idiots who mouthed every thing that came out of the Clinton admin or during the Bush years.

There is a vast right wing conspiracy (sounds kind of like the vast Jewish Conspiracy doesn't it?)

Clinton didn't have sex with that woman, oh wait a minute he did, oh wait a minute he didn't because oral sex isn't really sex, I mean republicans don't believe Bill Clinton should have a "private life," yeah! That's it!

Rove outed Plame

Etc. Etc. Etc.

You know who you idiots are. And don't deny you those arguments. The only liberals that didn't are still using mommy's computer and have no damn business arguing politics with their elders, anyway, because aren't even old enough to pay taxes or VOTE. You little punks (to put it politely) can shut up until you are old enough to fill out a tax return, and find out for yourselves just how much the government takes out of your pay check.

Expect the same crap here from the Obama Kookaid, er I mean koolaid drinkers here.

You can start, right now!!!!!!!

:lol::lol::lol:

No wonder liberals hate me. ;)

Last edited:
How long before the right comes out with their conspiracy theory that the explosion on the Deep Water Horizon was an inside government job, orchestrated by the Obama administration to push their agenda to stop all oil drilling off our coast line?:cuckoo:

How long before the right comes out with their conspiracy theory that the explosion on the Deep Water Horizon was an inside government job, orchestrated by the Obama administration to push their agenda to stop all oil drilling off our coast line?:cuckoo:

That's already surfaced....but the intentional delays by the EPA and other Obama officials makes this highly probable.

That's already surfaced....but the intentional delays by the EPA and other Obama officials makes this highly probable.

Holy shit! You people will believe ANYTHING.

So what is your explanation for all this?

For all of WHAT? All of the supposition? You, nor the author, nor the OP have a fucking clue why decisions were made. I happen to believe the moratorium was the right thing to do, based on what we know of BP's negligent actions so far.

How long before the kook left accuses the right of something to derail and deflect the thread? Oh that would be this post.

You mean like Global Warming, Rove outed Plame, or Bush did the Iraq war for oil?

Yeah, the left WILL believe anything.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

And to think that last week people right here were screaming at me in denial of my pointing out that people WERE blaming Obama for the spill.

WHO'S BLAMING OBAMA FOR THE SPILL!!!???? NO ONE"S BLAMING OBAMA FOR THE SPILL!!!!

...see, as Rushbo would say, I told you so...

You mean like Global Warming, Rove outed Plame, or Bush did the Iraq war for oil?

Yeah, the left WILL believe anything.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I know....it would be ALMOST as bad as believing Bush invaded Iraq to rid them of their WMD.....

Not only will the left believe anything, they will admit anything to save themselves from discussing their faith in this failed president.

Rush hoped Obama failed and boy did he get his wish!

And to think that last week people right here were screaming at me in denial of my pointing out that people WERE blaming Obama for the spill.

WHO'S BLAMING OBAMA FOR THE SPILL!!!???? NO ONE"S BLAMING OBAMA FOR THE SPILL!!!!

Yeah, because conservatives can THINK unlike the left.

The left blamed Bush for Katrina, but we don't blame Obama for the spill.

We just note the hypocrisy of the left on this. Their hysteria over Katrina ane now they want to give Obama a free pass, while he goes on two vacations and has Paul McCartney seranade him at the White House.

Liberals had a fit because Bush went golfing!!!!!!!!!!

Hypocrites!

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

So now the same people who are milking this disaster for every inch of anti-Obama political hay they can get out of it (excellent mixed metaphor there!)

are now going to attack him for temporarily stopping more deepwater drilling?

You know, the thing that CAUSED the disaster, that no one knows how to prevent beforehand, or fix afterwards?

We just note the hypocrisy of the left on this. Their hysteria over Katrina ane now they want to give Obama a free pass, while he goes on two vacations and has Paul McCartney seranade him at the White House.

Hypocrites!

No, YOU are the hypocrite for not defending Obama the same way YOU defended Bush.

That is hypocrisy by definition.

So now the same people who are milking this disaster for every inch of anti-Obama political hay they can get out of it (excellent mixed metaphor there!)

You know, the thing that CAUSED the disaster, that no one knows how to prevent beforehand, or fix afterwards?

Yeah, it's sooooooooooooooooooooooo unfair.

It's only okay to milk a disaster like Katrina for political points like the left did!

It's NOT okay when it happens to Obama!!!!!!!!!! THAT'S DIFFERENT! :lol::lol::lol:

And even Obama had to admit if the stupid federal government didn't force deep water drilling, and allowed it closer inland this spill would have been capped by now.

But what does Obama do. He doesn't allow Jendal to do anything because he's a republican, and it's all political with Obama, and takes vacations and has Paul McCartney go to the Whitehouse.

And what do you do? Whine it's unfair. Boo freaking hoo!

It's only okay to milk a disaster like Katrina for political points like the left did!

It's NOT okay when it happens to Obama!!!!!!!!!! THAT'S DIFFERENT! :lol::lol::lol:

And even Obama had to admit if the stupid federal government didn't force deep water drilling, and allowed it closer inland this spill would have been capped by now.

But what does Obama do. He doesn't allow Jendal to do anything because he's a republican, and it's all political with Obama, and takes vacations and has Paul McCartney go to the Whitehouse.

Who the hell is Jendal? And how is Obama stopping him from doing what he wants?

Hypocrites!

No, YOU are the hypocrite for not defending Obama the same way YOU defended Bush.

That is hypocrisy by definition.

Maybe if Obama had got his ass in gear two days AFTER the disaster like Bush, instead of SIX WEEKS after the Gulf Oil Spill like Obama, I WOULD!

Maybe if Obama would look past politics and let Governors try to save their own shores like Jindal wants to do, maybe I would.

You can cry and whine all you want, but the DIFFERENCE between Bush who took charge and Obama who has taken vacations and only NOW claims he has been in charge from the beginning, says it all.

Last edited:

Who the hell is Jendal? And how is Obama stopping him from doing what he wants?

My bad, I misspelled his name. Bobby Jindal.

But if you don't know who the hell Jindal is, in regards to this disaster, what the hell are you even wasting our time, discussing this issue.

You obviously are too uninformed to bother with.

Forum List

Back