Expel All Illegals...

OCA said:
No short changing happening.

Americans were offered and have up to this point said no thanks. Read the article I posted, most of the former citizens of New Orleans aren't even going to return, why should they? They've found new jobs in new cities and sure as hell aren't going to go back to that shithole which offers them promises of nothing.

Anyway if you can find any Americans who are willing to go there and endure the type of horrid work and conditions that are found there i'll tell you what, i'll buy you and I plane tickets and we'll join them, whadda ya say?

beyond a house framer's wage. I used to frame up summers when I was in college and loved the hard work, constructing something out of nothing, and sense of real job done when we left the job site. But I don't think the wage has increased enough to get me out of what I'm doing now. I do miss it sometimes though. Hard work in the hot sun does a body good. And hey New Orleans certainly has some spots for a workin' man to spend his hard earned pay.

ThomasPaine said:
beyond a house framer's wage. I used to frame up summers when I was in college and loved the hard work, constructing something out of nothing, and sense of real job done when we left the job site. But I don't think the wage has increased enough to get me out of what I'm doing now. I do miss it sometimes though. Hard work in the hot sun does a body good. And hey New Orleans certainly has some spots for a workin' man to spend his hard earned pay.

I did landscaping a while back. I miss that too. I was FIT!

OCA said:
Ok i'm with ya but can we include ablebodied American citizens who are currently freeloading off of yours and my paychecks in this mix too?

That's exactly who I meant. Anyone receiving a free payday at taxpayers' expense and doing nothing but being a slug. IMO, their asses should be working for what they are getting, and if that's picking tomatoes, so be it.

Fuck it, i'm advocating a total abolishment of any and all welfare programs, food stamps to medicaid and all that is in between, its time for people to pull themselves up by their bootstraps.

I'm for that, but we can look at NO and Katrina as an example. There are those people in this nation who will just stand around with that dear-in-the-headlights, glazed-over look without Big Brother to point them in the right direction and drive them there.

insein said:
Anytime a drastic change occurs, a period of adjustment is expected. A sharp loss would occur but it would not be as debilitating as you think. Those confronted with the loss of their livelihood would not go quietly into the night. They would adjust quickly or would lose their business'.

Its the same argument people have for drugs. They always say that if you legalized drugs, their would be an outbreak of OD's and drug addictions. In the short term yes. As time went on though, drugs would become commonplace and mundane. Regulations on them would limit the amount of addictive and lethal ingredients would be placed in them and eventually they would be as harmful as alcohol. Lethal in heavy doses but in moderate amounts fine. But people don't want to change because they are too afraid of the transition period.

"anytime a drastic change occurs, a period of adjustment is expected" not to be confrontational, but that sentence is kinda meaningless.

If you shipped out all the welfare and section 8 recepients, the economy would go along fine.

The point is, that the illegals are in fact a big part of our economic engine and they ARE CONTRIBUTING to it.

As for drugs, I dont think there would be a significant increase in usage, anyone who is gonna use, is gonna use, legal or not, in fact, for high schoolers, drugs are easier to get than booze.

Forum List

Back