Expel All Illegals...

insein

Apr 10, 2004
Philadelphia, Amazing huh...
Could the government be waking up to this "listening to the voters" thing and "following what those that elected you say?"

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2005/10/18/051018154752.u9fj2ynj.html

US security chief strives to expel all illegal immigrants
Oct 18 11:47 AM US/Eastern
Email this story

Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff said his department aims without exception to expel all those who enter the United States illegally.

"Our goal at DHS (Homeland Security) is to completely eliminate the 'catch and release' enforcement problem, and return every single illegal entrant, no exceptions.

"It should be possible to achieve significant and measurable progress to this end in less than a year," Chertoff told a Senate hearing.

Thousands of "Mexicans who are caught entering the United States illegally are returned immediately to Mexico. But other parts of the system have nearly collapsed under the weight of numbers. The problem is especially severe for non-Mexicans apprehended at the southwest border," Chertoff explained.

"Today, a non-Mexican illegal immigrant caught trying to enter the United States across the southwest border has an 80 percent chance of being released immediately because we lack the holding facilities," he added.

"Through a comprehensive approach, we are moving to end this 'catch and release' style of border enforcement by reengineering our detention and removal process."

Chertoff's remarks in favor of returning "every illegal entrant, no exceptions" appeared to conflict directly with the US policy toward illegal Cuban migrants.

Though Cubans picked up at sea are returned to their country, those who reach US soil by air, sea or ground are allowed to stay and work -- a fact Cuba says encourages dangerous illegal emigration attempts.

Talk is cheap however. Lets hope he's serious about this.

insein said:
Could the government be waking up to this "listening to the voters" thing and "following what those that elected you say?"

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2005/10/18/051018154752.u9fj2ynj.html

Talk is cheap however. Lets hope he's serious about this.

I guess Bush is too chicken shit to make a policy announcement such as this?
How about a few choice words to Vincente Fox too? Watching illegals just hanging around a "staging area" just across the border makes me sick. I can only assume from this lax approach to this problem is evidence that SOMEONES" business is dependent on this "cheap" (NOT) labor.

Yeah, we should sure expel them all. But I hope nobody wants to go to a restaurant or stay in a hotel, or buy any vegetables in a grocery or...........

Dudes, America falls apart without them. Who's going to do that work? The Nazi and Negro show from Toledo?

Nuc said:
Dudes, America falls apart without them.

This is felony liberal misinformation, punishable by being forced to read actual economic data.

Harvard economist George Borjas has shown that illegals do not contribute to the economy. After you include welfare and other costs, they COST us money. And I find it exceedingly difficult to believe that such tasks as washing dishes and picking lettuce cannot be accomplished by the people here legally. How about the armies of white teen punks with studs in their noses? I say make THEM pick the lettuce!

William Joyce said:
This is felony liberal misinformation, punishable by being forced to read actual economic data.

Harvard economist George Borjas has shown that illegals do not contribute to the economy. After you include welfare and other costs, they COST us money. And I find it exceedingly difficult to believe that such tasks as washing dishes and picking lettuce cannot be accomplished by the people here legally. How about the armies of white teen punks with studs in their noses? I say make THEM pick the lettuce!

WJ I'm just reading this, but do you have a link to Borjas study or paper?

William Joyce said:

Suppose they can identify, round up and deport all illegals tonight. What happens tomorrow. Not in your idealistic world view. What actually happens?

Nuc said:
Suppose they can identify, round up and deport all illegals tonight. What happens tomorrow. Not in your idealistic world view. What actually happens?

you issue them working visas and tax them etc.....you make them legal

Nuc said:

:closing eyes, trying to think: A whole buncha houses will not get cleaned, providing work for others at a higher scale. More restaurant tables will not be bussed-giving more servers larger tips, but much more work.

Fruit and vegetables will not get picked, causing a huge increase in the price at grocery. I am really usure whether there are others to take their place in this market or the money to pay those that might, at a significant increase.

There are many others in trades and services that would leave a tremedous gap, whether or not the climate is such that there could be the increase in salaries or want of jobs is questionable.

Still worth it.

If a person is working, they are contributing to the society. If as, one poster, says, we replaced the jobs that the illegals are doing with white people, then would that mean those (the americans who took the jobs) people are costing the economy also? After all, the supposed "study" shows the illegals are costing us money, which I simply dont believe.

Im a true libertarian, I dont think borders should be able to stop me from going anywhere in the world. I mean, if its public property, not privately owned, why cant I go there? Who has the right to tell me I cant travel somewhere? We as Americans take that for granted, we can go anywhere, live anywhere, but others cant, why NOT?

When did all this passport crap start anyways? I mean, did Jesus have to show his passport?

• Thanks
Reactions: Nuc
Nuc said:

Immediate drop offs would occur for the short term in the industries you described. However, the free market would quickly fill those positions as companies would need to have workers. If the demand was high enough, the wages would be there as well for those willing to work.

This would also send the message that ILLEGAL immigration is no longer tolerated. Come here through the proper channels like many Legal immigrants do every year and then you can reap the benefits of this country. Otherwise you will be deported back to your country.

insein said:
Immediate drop offs would occur for the short term in the industries you described. However, the free market would quickly fill those positions as companies would need to have workers. If the demand was high enough, the wages would be there as well for those willing to work.

This would also send the message that ILLEGAL immigration is no longer tolerated. Come here through the proper channels like many Legal immigrants do every year and then you can reap the benefits of this country. Otherwise you will be deported back to your country.

I stay in a lot of hotels and I've noticed that many of the staff which in the past may have been Hispanic are gradually being replaced by Russians (or other Eastern Europeans). And Somalians, including some who wear the dreaded burkha, which is quickly becoming another bogeyman on this board, along with the ACLU and NAMBLA. I don't know if they're legal immigrants or not, but is this an improvement?

LuvRPgrl said:
If a person is working, they are contributing to the society. If as, one poster, says, we replaced the jobs that the illegals are doing with white people, then would that mean those people are costing the economy also? After all, the supposed "study" shows the illegals are costing us money, which I simply dont believe.

Im a true libertarian, I dont think borders should be able to stop me from going anywhere in the world. I mean, if its public property, not privately owned, why cant I go there? Who has the right to tell me I cant travel somewhere? We as Americans take that for granted, we can go anywhere, live anywhere, but others cant, why NOT?

When did all this passport crap start anyways? I mean, did Jesus have to show his passport?

Thats a horrible argument. Did Jesus have to show his passport? It was 2000 years ago. Alot has changed in the world. That is quite possibly the most ignorant thing ive ever heard from someone who is actually trying to make a legitimate argument.

Legal immigration is what founded this country and made it great. People came here seeking opportunity and a better way of life. They were willing to endure hardships to get here and go through the process to become a CITIZEN of this country. Americans travel to other countries freely with a passport but they do not become CITIZENS of that country. ITs the same when foreigners come here on vacation or business and are not becoming permanent residents of our country. They use a Passport to gain entry to our country and then return home when they are done with their stay. Your argument that Americans can go anywhere in the world is a ridiculous statement. In fact many countries, Mexico for example, have a strict policy on illegal immigration. If any American crosses the border into Mexico without a passport, see how quickly your ass gets tossed back across the border. They want absolutely nothing to do with you in their country if you do not have paperwork showing that you arent staying long. As for Americans that live in other countries, they obtain duel citizenship or express consent from that government to live there. They do not simply decide, im buying a house here and that is that. Even in Canada, you have to go through levels upon levels of restrictions and paperwork if you are an American citizen but want to live in Canada.

The TRUTH is that ILLEGAL immigrants are a drain on society. They do not pay taxes yet they take advantage of government welfare and medicare programs. They arent US citizens and yet their children can goto school for free just like any other American citizen at the cost of everyone who pays taxes.

If people were to replace them in those jobs, they would be paid on the books and therefore would be paying taxes. They pay into the system and thus are elegiable to reap the benefits of being a part of a society. If these new workers require medical treatment, they will have paid some taxes and rightfully can receive said benefits.

What a freakin hippy concept if i ever did hear one. "There should be no borders man because jesus would want us to all hang around and love each other and smoke some weed. Its all good." Every person in this country is knows that they or a descendent came here through the proper channels to become a citizen of this country. These illegals DO NOT want to be a part of this country. They simply want to work in it and make money off of this country to sen back to their shithole country. They can do that. But do it the right way. There are ways for them to work here legally and do what they do.

Nuc said:
I stay in a lot of hotels and I've noticed that many of the staff which in the past may have been Hispanic are gradually being replaced by Russians (or other Eastern Europeans). And Somalians, including some who wear the dreaded burkha, which is quickly becoming another bogeyman on this board, along with the ACLU and NAMBLA. I don't know if they're legal immigrants or not, but is this an improvement?

If the Russians and Somalians, etc are legal then it is a great improvement. These people came here through the proper channels and want to become a citizen of this country. They looked at their own country and realized that they have more opportunities to succeed here. Thats what this country was founded on. If they are simply illegals of a different nationality, however then ship em back home on the first thing smoking because ots the same thing as the mexicans.

insein said:
If the Russians and Somalians, etc are legal then it is a great improvement. These people came here through the proper channels and want to become a citizen of this country. They looked at their own country and realized that they have more opportunities to succeed here. Thats what this country was founded on. If they are simply illegals of a different nationality, however then ship em back home on the first thing smoking because ots the same thing as the mexicans.

A Somalian chick in a burkha most likely has a mutilated "female circumcision". If she came here to get away from that crap she most likely wouldn't be wearing a burkha anymore. Therefore to me she represents an influx of a kind of religious fanaticism we don't need to be encouraging. Legal or not, give me Maria or Conchita anyday.

The entire immigration system needs to be completely overhauled. It's almost random.

Nuc said:
A Somalian chick in a burkha most likely has a mutilated "female circumcision". If she came here to get away from that crap she most likely wouldn't be wearing a burkha anymore. Therefore to me she represents an influx of a kind of religious fanaticism we don't need to be encouraging. Legal or not, give me Maria or Conchita anyday.

The entire immigration system needs to be completely overhauled. It's almost random.

The problem is that Maria or Conchita didnt want to come here to become a citizen. they just wanted to come here to make money, get free health care and live in a section 8 house with a fake ID.

As for religious fanatcism, this is America. Land of the free. Freedom to practice your religion without restrictions from the government. Now while that shouldnt mean that the burka's etc shouldnt be removed for driver's license or state id's, a person's religion should not decide whether or not they can become a citizen of this country. It up to INS, Homeland security, the CIA, the FBI, etc to check these people out before they come here to see whether they are here to become a citizen and have good intentions or are here to cause havoc.

Nuc said:

I doubt it would happen in one night. However coupling it with a real guest worker program where they payed into the system rather than being a drain could make it more plausible. Statements like this are a little disingenuous, Nuc.

The assumption is that all of them would disappear overnight and our economy would fall over because nobody would vacuum hotel rooms or cook for us at fast food restaurants. We therefore would be helpless and unable to provide the simplest fares for our own tables and vaccuums would be rendered obsolete overnight, beds would go unmade and all the cattle killed over the past two weeks would be killed for naught as nobody could eat it without illegals to cook it up at the local burger prince restaurant. Actors would be out of jobs wearing creepy plastic costumes advertising breakfasts, eggs would go uneaten, all because we sent illegals back to their country of origin! General mayhem would ensue because of the riots started because of the collapse of infrastructure and the medical bills of those allergic to dust that would have been vacuumed had they just been here!

Woe would be us!

We all know this wouldn't happen, first because they all wouldn't be found in one night, and because we could forestall most of the problems by working in a program that allowed them to legally return and work while paying into the system and requiring them to be registered and researched before they were simply allowed in.

insein said:
The problem is that Maria or Conchita didnt want to come here to become a citizen. they just wanted to come here to make money, get free health care and live in a section 8 house with a fake ID.

As for religious fanatcism, this is America. Land of the free. Freedom to practice your religion without restrictions from the government. Now while that shouldnt mean that the burka's etc shouldnt be removed for driver's license or state id's, a person's religion should not decide whether or not they can become a citizen of this country. It up to INS, Homeland security, the CIA, the FBI, etc to check these people out before they come here to see whether they are here to become a citizen and have good intentions or are here to cause havoc.

Countries can have any kind of screening they want. While religious discrimination is against our principles, disallowing criminal behavior such as female circumcision should trump any objections on grounds of religious freedom.

I'm in the process of becoming a permanent resident of another country and while it's somewhat short of jumping through hoops it's a lot of work and documentation. America lets people in for random reasons and excludes others for random reasons. They system is broken.

insein said:
Thats a horrible argument. Did Jesus have to show his passport? It was 2000 years ago. Alot has changed in the world. That is quite possibly the most ignorant thing ive ever heard from someone who is actually trying to make a legitimate argument.

Legal immigration is what founded this country and made it great. People came here seeking opportunity and a better way of life. They were willing to endure hardships to get here and go through the process to become a CITIZEN of this country. Americans travel to other countries freely with a passport but they do not become CITIZENS of that country. ITs the same when foreigners come here on vacation or business and are not becoming permanent residents of our country. They use a Passport to gain entry to our country and then return home when they are done with their stay. Your argument that Americans can go anywhere in the world is a ridiculous statement. In fact many countries, Mexico for example, have a strict policy on illegal immigration. If any American crosses the border into Mexico without a passport, see how quickly your ass gets tossed back across the border. They want absolutely nothing to do with you in their country if you do not have paperwork showing that you arent staying long. As for Americans that live in other countries, they obtain duel citizenship or express consent from that government to live there. They do not simply decide, im buying a house here and that is that. Even in Canada, you have to go through levels upon levels of restrictions and paperwork if you are an American citizen but want to live in Canada.

The TRUTH is that ILLEGAL immigrants are a drain on society. They do not pay taxes yet they take advantage of government welfare and medicare programs. They arent US citizens and yet their children can goto school for free just like any other American citizen at the cost of everyone who pays taxes.

If people were to replace them in those jobs, they would be paid on the books and therefore would be paying taxes. They pay into the system and thus are elegiable to reap the benefits of being a part of a society. If these new workers require medical treatment, they will have paid some taxes and rightfully can receive said benefits.

What a freakin hippy concept if i ever did hear one. "There should be no borders man because jesus would want us to all hang around and love each other and smoke some weed. Its all good." Every person in this country is knows that they or a descendent came here through the proper channels to become a citizen of this country. These illegals DO NOT want to be a part of this country. They simply want to work in it and make money off of this country to sen back to their shithole country. They can do that. But do it the right way. There are ways for them to work here legally and do what they do.

so, calling my statement "2000 years old" "hippy" and "ignorant" is making a legitimate arguement?? :)

I will respond to your post later, dont have time right now, gotta go round up some illegals......

insein said:

Then your problem is with an out of control govt that gives free health care and section 8 housing.

Next complaint....

LuvRPgrl said:
Then your problem is with an out of control govt that gives free health care and section 8 housing.

Next complaint....

The free health care is provided according to an executive order. I think the number of the order is 11363 or something. Clinton put it into effect, it requires all medical and other services to give services to all people without regard to legal status and that they must pay for an interpreter for them if needed for a different language.

Forum List

Back