Expel All Illegals...

Discussion in 'Middle East - General' started by insein, Oct 18, 2005.

1. insein

insein Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +356
    Could the government be waking up to this "listening to the voters" thing and "following what those that elected you say?"

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2005/10/18/051018154752.u9fj2ynj.html

Talk is cheap however. Lets hope he's serious about this.

2. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    I guess Bush is too chicken shit to make a policy announcement such as this?
    How about a few choice words to Vincente Fox too? Watching illegals just hanging around a "staging area" just across the border makes me sick. I can only assume from this lax approach to this problem is evidence that SOMEONES" business is dependent on this "cheap" (NOT) labor.

3. Nuc

Nuc Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +141
    Yeah, we should sure expel them all. But I hope nobody wants to go to a restaurant or stay in a hotel, or buy any vegetables in a grocery or...........

Dudes, America falls apart without them. Who's going to do that work? The Nazi and Negro show from Toledo?

4. William Joyce

William Joyce Chemotherapy for PC

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,349
    This is felony liberal misinformation, punishable by being forced to read actual economic data.

Harvard economist George Borjas has shown that illegals do not contribute to the economy. After you include welfare and other costs, they COST us money. And I find it exceedingly difficult to believe that such tasks as washing dishes and picking lettuce cannot be accomplished by the people here legally. How about the armies of white teen punks with studs in their noses? I say make THEM pick the lettuce!

5. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    WJ I'm just reading this, but do you have a link to Borjas study or paper?

6. Nuc

Nuc Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +141
    Suppose they can identify, round up and deport all illegals tonight. What happens tomorrow. Not in your idealistic world view. What actually happens?

7. manu1959

manu1959 Left Coast Isolationist

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,626
    you issue them working visas and tax them etc.....you make them legal

8. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    :closing eyes, trying to think: A whole buncha houses will not get cleaned, providing work for others at a higher scale. More restaurant tables will not be bussed-giving more servers larger tips, but much more work.

Fruit and vegetables will not get picked, causing a huge increase in the price at grocery. I am really usure whether there are others to take their place in this market or the money to pay those that might, at a significant increase.

There are many others in trades and services that would leave a tremedous gap, whether or not the climate is such that there could be the increase in salaries or want of jobs is questionable.

Still worth it.

9. LuvRPgrl

LuvRPgrl Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +206
    If a person is working, they are contributing to the society. If as, one poster, says, we replaced the jobs that the illegals are doing with white people, then would that mean those (the americans who took the jobs) people are costing the economy also? After all, the supposed "study" shows the illegals are costing us money, which I simply dont believe.

Im a true libertarian, I dont think borders should be able to stop me from going anywhere in the world. I mean, if its public property, not privately owned, why cant I go there? Who has the right to tell me I cant travel somewhere? We as Americans take that for granted, we can go anywhere, live anywhere, but others cant, why NOT?

When did all this passport crap start anyways? I mean, did Jesus have to show his passport?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  10. insein

insein Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +356

Immediate drop offs would occur for the short term in the industries you described. However, the free market would quickly fill those positions as companies would need to have workers. If the demand was high enough, the wages would be there as well for those willing to work.

This would also send the message that ILLEGAL immigration is no longer tolerated. Come here through the proper channels like many Legal immigrants do every year and then you can reap the benefits of this country. Otherwise you will be deported back to your country.