expect Rams to be back in LA next year.

I was away for a few days, out of town, and come back to yet another farce acted-out on the St. Louis stage. Now we have LAWSUITS, so predictable, being raised on both sides of the issue. I will repeat here what I said in an earlier post: No matter how you dress it up, you cannot maintain that the taxpayers of Missouri will not be saddled with new debt, or that programs in need will not be affected by building that new stadium. That is an outright LIE. Earlier, I wrote:

This is no different than re-financing. Except, in this instance they are taking a debt that would be paid off in 2021, and extending it for another 20-30 years. Additionally, most people refinance when rates are favorable in order to make improvements or pull cash out, but it is a small portion of the original debt. These idiots want to build a whole new, and infinitely more expensive, structure! They argue that it is not "new taxes" but that is just fancy politico double-speak. In fact, the existing taxes that are going towards paying off the EJD debt by 2021 could be used for a variety of other programs in St. Louis that are badly under-funded, or in need, but they would rather build yet another sports facility. So who pays for the programs in need if the stadium is being built? Simple: They raise new taxes to cover the short-fall on hospitals, schools, and social welfare, or those things simply go unfunded. Because, the fact remains, THEY CANNOT AFFORD IT! It sounds like the taxpayers in their city have already made their feelings known about diverting tax monies towards sports facilities, but their leaders are now trying to fleece the public coffers, yet again, against the public's express will. I'd say that it's a good thing that Nixon is termed-out, because I just don't see how he would be re-elected after this boondoggle. Shameful.

The text of the St. Louis City ordinance that is the subject of the recent lawsuit states,

"No financial assistance may be provided by or on behalf of the City to the development of a professional sports facility without the approval of a majority of the qualified voters of the City voting thereon."

It further defines "financial assistance" to include, but not limited to,

"issuance, authorization, or guarantee of bonds"

Then you look at the lawsuit, which actually states that part of the financing is,

"the City causing the issuance of bonds"

The city ordinance is concise, clear, and applies directly to what the sports authority wants to do. I see no ambiguity here. What I see, is you just don't like it.

[full text of ordinance:St. Louis City Revised Code Chapter 3.91 PROFESSIONAL SPORTS FACILITY]
[full text of lawsuit:http://www.stltoday.com/…/pdf_7efcba34-3916-5495-8154-26b53…]

The latest lawsuit (Dome Authority vs city of StL) is out of desperation. Nixon, Peacock and their cronies have reached their Alamo! Their end game I would say. With Stan not taking, NFL wanting to expedite stadium plan financial transparency, and potential 2002 city ordinance against publicly funded stadiums without a public vote legal challenges, it is now or never for the Riverfront group. To put it in terms even STL will understand: it is the bottom of the ninth, two outs, full count, bases are empty and you are down by one. Now let's see what the pitcher (judge) has to offer. Is it a slow pitch over the plate in your sweet spot (public vote is not needed) or is it a 97mph fastball down the middle (public vote is needed)? The riverfront group has been cornered by the NFL, Stan, and the 2002 city ordinance, Peacock knows the end is near, it is risky to ask a judge to to set aside a publicly voted city ordinance with a broad base direct or indirect public funded stadium requiring a public vote or deem it unconstitutional, but Peacock and Nixon know this is their Alamo, their last pitch not to win but just stay in the game. The Riverfront already has one broken leg in Stan Kroenke not committing if a judge upholds the city ordinance, then the other leg is broken too. Peacock Plan ain't going anywhere y'all!! If you read your 4th grade history books, we all know what happened at the Alamo. Get ready StL, the lame duck is cleaning his feathers and is ready to quack.

Fred Roggin just said the NFL is having a meeting with Inglewood today. He said you won't hear that anywhere else but on his show, but it's happening today. How much truth there is to that, I don't know...but Roggin has been the only one who has been spot on in terms of breaking news about Inglewood. Perhaps he has an in with Mayor Butts. Hopefully what he said is true, and hopefully any meeting(s) taking place yield great news.

Roggin is highly reputable and informative. He has a very long list of awards that substantiate his reporting reputation. To our benefit he is the only broadcaster in our area that is in our corner. I mean the only one. His comic broadcasts have no limits and is a joy to listen to. If Roggin is reporting that there are NFL meetings in Inglewood then that is a fact that other reporting agencies can follow up on.

Rams Kroenke Chargers and Raiders officials will update the NFL on their stadium plans - St. Louis Business Journal

KTRSL had 30 fans show up at their rally! Buhahahahaha‪#‎LARAMS‬ lol.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=896182747104583&set=o.177083695980&type=1

Last edited:
Taken from the KTRISTL page

Tuesday, April 14th
David Hunn of the Post-Dispatch joined Sports Open Line discussing the St. Louis NFL stadium process.

Interesting to listen to two St. Louis guys... and they aren't saying much positive about their stadium deal.

Audio CBS St. Louis

http://www.mighty1090.com/…/nfl-exec-vp-eric-grubman-on-hi…/

The people on the KRISTL page view this as Grubman supporting their cause, and that the NFL wants the Rams to stay in St. Louis...WRONG! If you listen to what Grubman says, it's that St. Louis has financing figured out FOR THE MOST PART, with some debate coming on the public portion of financing. Also, Grubman sidesteps questions about what the owners are talking about to the NFL and each other in terms of what they want and are looking for from their home markets. As Grubman said, "you have to look at their actions rather than just listening to what they say"...and Stan's actions clearly show he wants to move the team to LA.

I'm home sick flipping channels and what did I find on "Bewitched"? Number 84 Jack Snow. Ha ha ha.

Photos of Bring Back the Los Angeles Rams - Diane Pell Omori Facebook

LA stadium plan for Raiders Chargers takes step forward CSN Bay Area

Last edited:
Could the Chargers be playing with the Rams inInglewood Champions. Hour #2 Mark Fabiani it's possible.Audio The Beast 980

just found this kinda interesting and ironic. from the wiki page "history of the LA rams":

"The Rams were so popular in Los Angeles that the upstart Chargers chose to relocate to San Diego rather than attempt to compete with the immensely popular Rams. The Los Angeles Times put the Chargers plight as such: "Hilton [the Chargers owner at the time] quickly realized that taking on the Rams in L.A. was like beating his head against the wall."

it really irritates me when people say "well, the chargers were once in LA too!"

the biggest thing mentioned in the roggin interviews today IMO was that mayor butts said he will divulge the details of their meeting with the NFL on Apr 23 at the State of Inglewood address. Supposedly he will be interviewed by someone "famous". This could be huge news

wouldn't it be funny if these two teams moved into inglewood the same year, but the rams again proved to be so popular, that san diego felt under appreciated, and moved again to say, I don't know, st louis?

• A mistake many make is trying to fit the moves in with the fans' desires. What actually matters is what the owners want. Last year, the rumor was the league wanted to move the Raiders to LA, but only if Davis sold the team. Gotta ask yourself why? This is pretty simple. They don't consider him to be an effective owner. He didn't earn the team, he inherited it, which isn't necessarily bad, but he has demonstrated that he doesn't have very good business sense. His primary interest appears to be ensuring he gets yearly income even if that hurts the team. Why in the world would the owners want to hand a huge windfall to a guy like that? One of the league's key requirements for the LA market has been "right owner". That isn't Davis. So I think the Raiders are out (if Davis sells the team, this would change). I'm not sure Los Angeles even wants the Raiders back. I'm not talking about fans... I'm talking about the city as a civic entity. The fan base they attracted wasn't exactly the nicest people. I don't think LA wants that to return.

That only leaves a couple scenarios in my mind: either the Rams move to Inglewood and Chargers stay in San Diego, or both the Rams and Chargers move to Inglewood. I think it will be the former because a) Carson isn't a real project, b) the league will reward Kroenke's effort by letting him have the LA market to himself for a while, and c) it gives the San Diego effort more time. The prospect of the Chargers moving into Inglewood keeps the pressure on San Diego, so there is no rush for them.

• John ReyesThe big question is going to be whether Kroenke and Spanos work together, more specifically is Spanos willing to be a tenant and not own stadium rights or have any say in anything since Kroenke is footing the bill. The two of them aren't exactly on the best of terms, mainly because Spanos is trying to claim LA as his market without actually moving there. If both teams do move to LA, I think your scenario works best Darren. Let Kroenke and the Rams move first, allowing San Diego to come up with more of a plan that fits what Spanos and Fabiani want from the city. If by the end of 2016 a resolution has not been made, then Spanos and the team move into the stadium in 2018 after spending 2017 in the Rose Bowl or Coliseum.
  • Mark Fabiani We are eager to see CSAG s plan we ve been cooperative Mighty1090AM

Last edited:
The Rams are as good as gone and even if the six owners in charge of the moving process voted against it, Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones has made it clear that he doesn’t feel they have the power to stop them. The Rams sued the NFL before to move out of L.A. to St. Louis in the first place in 1995, and the NFL backed down, not wanting to lose in court.

It won’t take that type of move, or even the threat of it this time. The NFL wants back in Los Angeles and they love Stan Kroenke, the owner of the Rams. He owns his own land and wants to pay for his own stadium. It’s happening. No one can stop it even if they want to, especially the city of St. Louis.

At the same time Oakland and San Diego haven’t given up on keeping their teams and unlike St. Louis, seem to have a legitimate shot of doing so.

Is Football On the Way Out Of St. Louis - GET MORE SPORTS

The idiots from the STLtoday forum are calling people like me and any other LA ram fan misinformed idiots and dumbasses! SMH!

STLtoday.com View topic - NFL prefers Inglewood over Carson LA s Bonsignore says NO

Last edited:
Why Do the Chargers Hate Their Own Plan - Bolts From The Blue

The Chargers had 20 years to be the first team in L.A., and even if one does not support that theory, then certainly the last several years. During the past several years, all the Chargers had to do was to pay a $10 million fee to escape their lease early, and then accept Ed Roski's Industry stadium or else the late Farmer's Field concept. But Spanos is well known to be penny wise and pound foolish. He didn't want to pay the penalty and he certainly will not pay for his own stadium, anywhere. If the Carson site ever becomes a stadium, it will be mostly paid for by Goldman Sachs. Besides, Spanos does not really want to leave San Diego, he just now feels like he can gouge the San Diego committee because there is an opening for the second team in Inglewood. Let's be realistic. It is now too late for Spanos to be first in the L.A. area. Even if Carson was approved by the City Council tomorrow, there is still a minimum of 11-12 more months of cleanup--and that's if one is foolish enough to trust that the land on the proposed site will ever truly be safe. Meanwhile. the Inglewood stadium will begin construction by the end of this year. In addition, Kronke's partners in the HPLC have agreed that the stadium's completion takes precedence over the rest of the project. The stadium will be finished by 2018, even if the rest of the project might take a few more years to complete. If the Chargers do move to L.A., it will be to Inglewood. There is no other choice for the team at this point.

Forum List

Back