expect Rams to be back in LA next year.

"I think if Stan really wants to move this franchise to Los Angeles, regardless of what we do here in St. Louis, I don't think the NFL is going to stop it. I think if he's willing to build that elaborate, fantastic stadium...and finance it without public money...that's going to be one of those deals that's so attractive to the NFL, it's hard for me to imagine that they'll stop him from doing it and say 'You have to keep the Rams in St. Louis.' I don't think that will happen."

Dan Dierdorf Doesn t Think NFL Will Stop Kroenke From Leaving St. Louis insideSTL.com - St. Louis Sports Music Entertainment and Nightlife CBS Sports 920 Feature Interviews

Only part of this story that matters is the dates of the next two Owner meetings. "Before the group convenes again at the May owners meetings in San Francisco, Goodell says he expects all three teams considering relocating to Los Angeles -- the St. Louis Rams, San Diego Chargers and Oakland Raiders -- to meet with the ownership's Los Angeles relocation committee in late April, reporting back to the full membership in May."http://abc7news.com/…/goodell-long-term-fit-vital-f…/612604/

Who is this cat they are quoting? “They were the first of the major pro sports teams to be here, coming to L.A. from Cleveland in 1946,” Bateman explained. “That was a dozen years before the Dodgers arrived and 14 years before the Lakers arrived, and the Kings came in the late 1960s. So people forget that the Rams were the first ones here and so it has great historical significance. It was a big reason why all of the major professional sports leagues moved out to L.A.”http://onlyagame.wbur.org/…/los-angeles-nfl-raiders-charger…

I so appreciate Fred Rogan on the Beast 980. He told of Inglewood hiring consultants for the permit process that you have to do to build a stadium. He stated he can read the tea leaves and the Rams will play here for two years probably in the Colosium then thier new stadium. He said he is very disappointed in the media for not reporting the obvious. And he believes the Carson deal is a big sham. Paraphraded. Hand in there Ramily, and horns up.

Nick Wagoner, ESPN-
"The overall sense coming out of the story and the sense I got, as I wrote multiple times last week, is that Kroenke's project is rolling down the tracks and is going to be very difficult for the league to turn down when the time comes. Other owners expressed similar sentiments as well, though not as openly as Jones.
There's still a lot that must take place before any of this becomes official, but it's clear that May's owners meetings should offer further movement."

St. Louis Rams Morning Ram-blings Jerry Jones talks Inglewood project - St. Louis Rams Blog - ESPN

made a trip out to Inglewood and the Hollywood Park site this weekend and took some photos. While the area where Stan's stadium will be built, has not begun work yet, the "overall" project is well underway. How many of the other cities in play (Carson, San Diego, Oakland, St. Louis), can say the same?

Scott Jimenez - Photos of Bring Back the Los Angeles Rams Facebook

It’s not quite building atop the site of ancient Indian burial mounds, but it’s still another sign that the St. Louis plan for a new Rams stadium isn’t going well: Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon has told St. Louis County officials that he doesn’t want the county involved in the stadium financing plan, because the county would require a public vote and then it might lose, duh."http://www.fieldofschemes.com/…/missouri-gov-says-if-it-wo…/

Missouri gov says if it would mean public vote on Rams stadium we don t need county s stinking money Field of Schemes

I expect some big news at the owners meetings in May. Does the NFL really want a lame duck season in STL? Its not too late to arrange for a 2015 season schedule in LA. Who the hell else is going to be playing at the Coliseum or Rose Bowl on Sundays this fall?

this is why The Rams are looking like they are going to have to to play in st louis for one more year rather than this year because its a a slow going process by the NFL.they have been dragging their feet.LA mayor Butts had a speech already written and ready to go for the Rams return this year but the NFL drags their feet so thats why its going to be one more year.

Grubman said the league will not be ready to vote on the proposals until the design and financing plans are complete, and a temporary L.A. venue (such as the Coliseum or Rose Bowl) has been arranged. He said those checklist items could be completed by September, but more likely October or November.

As it stands, the Hollywood Park project is further along than Carson, and has the necessary entitlements to begin construction

NFL probably won apos t vote on L.A. stadium proposals for six months - LA Times

well looks like the NFL wants to have a city have a lame duck season.

thats what you'll get when everybody in that city knows they are going to be leaving them after this year.

Lawsuit threatened if St. Louis helps pay for new NFL stadium News

Uh oh!!! Stl is in deep shit. Hmmm... let's see. Stans stadium has been approved by Inglewood. Financial statements are in order.(no cash needed from the NFL). Construction to begin in December. All we need is a temporary place to play. What the fuck is he hold up? C'mon NFL please dont make us have to sit through a lame duck season!!! Please let our team move forward. Stan has done everything you have asked of him!

Indeed.as always,its getting more and more bleaker for st louis.:biggrin:

Forum List

Back