expect Rams to be back in LA next year.

@9/11 I think I already posted to that one.

Hey, you need a name change!

well if i was gonna be here pa

okay if you already saw it,i assume you DID notice the major difference between LA Raider fans and LA Ram fans then correct?:D did you hear the rams fans in that video say the same thing that howie long did that they stopped going to games when the raiders played the rams because the fans were always starting fights in the stands?

imagine Long having to put up with that for 8 games a year?

dont you agree that its sad that OAKLAND fans still to this day get an unfair bad rap because of the LA fans? as that one link i posted before talked about,in OAKLAND,they were only known as the outlaws,once they went to LA though,they went from being outlaws to a gang brand.

too bad that fans today still think oakland is the same way as the LA fans agreed? even I thought the oakland fans were the same as the LA fans until a couple years ago when i started following the LA RELOCATION thing and i learned from the ram fans out in LA from them,the OAKLAND fans get an unfair bad rap today because of the LA gane,that they are NOTHING like the LA fans, and much more like the LA Ram fans.

how bout you,till you started talking to me about this,I bet you ALSO thought oakland fans were the same as the LA fans am I wrong? please let me know.thanks.

okay if you already saw it,i assume you DID notice the major difference between LA Raider fans and LA Ram fans then correct?:D did you hear the rams fans in that video say the same thing that howie long did that they stopped going to games when the raiders played the rams because the fans were always starting fights in the stands?

dont you agree that its sad that OAKLAND fans still to this day get an unfair bad rap because of the LA fans? as that one link i posted before talked about,in OAKLAND,they were only known as the outlaws,once they went to LA though,they went from being outlaws to a gang brand.

too bad that fans today still think oakland is the same way as the LA fans agreed? even I thought the oakland fans were the same as the LA fans until a couple years ago when i started following the LA RELOCATION thing and i learned from the ram fans out in LA from them,the OAKLAND fans get an unfair bad rap today because of the LA gane,that they are NOTHING like the LA fans, and much more like the LA Ram fans.

how bout you,till you started talking to me about this,I bet you ALSO thought oakland fans were the same as the LA fans am I wrong? please let me know.thanks.

Sure. I pretty much felt the Oakland and LA fans were the same...
I am learning.

Sure. I pretty much felt the Oakland and LA fans were the same...
I am learning.

Yeah the WORST "OAKLAND" fans act is when a player from the opposing team scores a touchdown,the worst the fans there do is throw water and beverages and ice on them or when they are on the field backed up deep in their own end zone,they also throw batterys at them.lol

Thats nothing that can hurt a person. Remember they got that football protective gear and a helmet on so they cant get hurt if they get a hit by a battery.

a far cry from the LA gang where players like Howie Long stopped taking their familys to games because they feared for their familys lives since there where gang fights in the stands started by them, many which carried knifes.

No wonder attendance for raider games in LA was so horrible there that whole time as low as 30,000 or so many times.

Jets/Rams

The Rams will always be L.A. (think Ferragamo and Everett, man!).

I'd like to see some attention going to the NY Jets. They offer a nice complement to the Giants for New York's NFL fans, and it's a nice rivalry for the double-LA teams (Rams/Raiders).

Rams should draft more players from Notre Dame, because Notre Dame's philosophy of team-coordination play would suit the Ram's needs for line syncopation....

hmmm...

View attachment 79163

Indeed they will .Well until your Jets WIN,they wont get any attention.The Giants have gotten a lot of attention because THEY win and have been to the superbowl in recent years and the quarterback who got them there is still their QB

Dont you agree that the Rams leaving LA was the same as if the Giants and Jets would leave new york in the same year for some place like lets say Iowa or Nevada? That would be just as unimaginable and unthinkable and thats the same as it was with the Rams and Raiders back then leaving.

The Raiders leaving,nobody in LA cared because they were never LA's team.that was just a brief pit spot for them.Everybody in LA pretty much knew eventually they would leave.That Al Davis was just there for a brief vacation.

When the RAMS left though,that was a major shock to every NFL fan though because no NFL fan thought that could possibly happen because of their storied history there and long tradition and since it is the second biggest media market in the country.They never thought they could possibly leave LA for a small dump like st louis. thats the same as it the Yankees leaving new york for Las vegas or Iowa or something like that ,no different.

thank god that nightmare is finally over with and a wrong has been finally righted.

some really great news that the Raiders will probably stay in oakland.:beer:

This relates to the Rams move to LA so its worth the read.It is very similiar in the Rams move to LA as well.

Ronnie Lott Group to be developer of Oakland Raiders NFL Stadium at Coliseum City

The group of builders, bankers, and investors assembled by Oakland Raiders and San Francisco 49ers NFL Hall Of Fame Legend Ronnie Lott have been quietly working with “East Bay Officials” to present a plan not just for the development of a stadium for the Raiders, but the ultimate development of between 35 and 40 acres of land around it.

Within weeks, the Oakland City Council and the Alameda County Board of Supervisors will be presented with a resolution that will call for the approval of a “Memorandum of Understanding” between the East Bay Officials and Ronnie Lott's Group.

Now, before you start thinking of Floyd Kephart, let's discard that idea right now; Lott's group is of such economic power it's capable of financing the construction of the entire proposed stadium in much the same way that LA Rams' Owner Stan Kronke set up a network of eight banks to back the construction of his privately financed stadium in Inglewood, California. The only public investment that might be required is for infrastructure, and that's being worked out as I write this.

Moreover, Lott's group is has an ally in NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell, who has stated more than once his desire that the Raiders remain in Oakland with what he calls a "long term stadium solution".

Now, you are probably wondering why the resolution would call for an MOU and not an “Exclusive Negotiating Agreement”? That came directly from Oakland Mayor Libby Schaaf's lack of desire to send a message that the East Bay Officials were locked into one deal process they could not get out of should things go wrong. It's not that an ENA would not be done, but the Mayor wants to make sure that all of the details are worked out.

That's a good idea because the ENA process with Kephart's New City Development Corporation and done under now former Oakland Mayor Jean Quan was a total disaster. No one could talk to anyone else, even to suggest an adjustment to Kephart's plan that would improve the total approach. Now, there's more room to adjust Lott's plan to achieve success. It's not that Mayor Schaaf doesn't want Lott's Group, she does – but Libby is very much concerned that everything be done to make the plan a certainty. And that includes the much talked about Land Proposal to the Oakland Raiders.

The formation of the Land Proposal is still in its forming stages but the process is going well, I'm told. You should expect some news on this probably around the same time that news of the MOU officially comes to public view.

In closing, keep in mind that the general plan for Coliseum City was approved by the Oakland City Council last year – the only hole in the plan was for the stadiums for baseball and football. Now, efforts are underway to close that gap and in a way that takes as little public investment as possible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch…

This may not get read here but anybody that is reading this thread that STILL has doubts about The Rams moving back to LA,really should read this article here by a knowledgeble person in the know how.I am impressed with him.He has really done his homework.Its quite a long read but very well worth it.:thup:

First of all, I would like to thank this group for all of their hard work, and for posting all of the links around the internet on this page. I have found "Bring Back the Los Angeles Rams" to be the most reliable and up to date source of information on the Rams hopefully moving home by the start of the next NFL season.
Please forgive the length of this post, but I have been holding in my comments for weeks now, but I just can't anymore...For the past several weeks, I have been checking out all of the links from here, and elsewhere, and for the first time in 20 years, I really do believe that the NFL is coming back to Los Angeles, and that the team which moves will be the Rams. And it should be the Rams, as they were L.A's team for almost 50 years. If not for "Madame Ram," and her boy toy Shaw, it is all but certain that the Rams would be celebrating their 70th consecutive season in Southern California in 2016.
Southern California (Los Angeles/Anaheim) can support two teams in the NFL, as it does in MLB, the NBA, NHL, and MLS, but despite what the NFL says, I believe that the Rams will be the only team which calls L.A. home for the foreseeable future. The NFL will still use L.A. as a ploy to get whatever teams it chooses better stadium deals, stating that our area can support two teams, one NFC (Rams) and one AFC (tbd). This is true even if the team in question is an NFC squad. Nowadays, teams can switch conferences whenever it most benefits the NFL.
Regarding the Raiders, as long as anybody in the Davis Family runs that team, they will continue to make questionable decisions about their franchise. Those of us who can remember when the Raiders called L.A. home remember how they stole $10 Million from Irwindale, trashed the El Segundo Junior High School they used as a training facility, and how it took that franchise years before it bought any advertising or sold very many t-shirts and caps, etc. that said "Los Angeles Raiders" on the merchandise. Bootleggers started printing and making stuff up that said "Los Angeles Raiders" long before the team did, and once rappers like N.W.A. got their hands on "Los Angeles Raiders" gear, and posed for photos wearing the stuff, did sales really take off. The Raiders then had to try to cash in while they could. But is this the image L.A. should want for its NFL team? That our team is predominantly supported by criminals or wannabe gangsters? I went to several Raiders games at the Coliseum, and while I, as a tall and somewhat beefy guy, felt safe enough, many people around me, my friends and/or family did not. Many people chose not to park at USC, and instead decided to pay to park on people's front lawns to save money and walking distance. While this actually worked for a lot of people, others came back to find their vehicles stolen, picked apart for parts, or otherwise vandalized.
Worst of all, the Raiders never really seemed to try to make Southern California their home. They seemed to be here only for all that they could get, and wanted very little interaction with their customer base unless they were selling you something. If the team did any charitable work, forgive me, but I don't recall it. On the field, Al Davis hired yes-men for coaches, made poor draft selections, and failed to make necessary play-calling changes that were successful for most other NFL teams at the time. Davis also allowed his grudge with Marcus Allen to adversely affect Allen's career and the Raiders. Davis ordered him benched for a few seasons, in the prime of his career, instead of trading him for players or draft choices of use.
Davis and the NFL had a deal to for the Raiders to leave the Coliseum for a new stadium at Hollywood Park in Inglewood, almost on the very same exact parcel of land that Stan Kronke now owns. However, at the time, the NFL and the FAA failed to agree on the FAA changing flight paths to LAX on game days, and on allowing blimps to fly overhead. This put the deal on hold; it shouldn't have killed it. With John Madden calling sports radio talk shows all over America on a regular basis, and using his "bully pulpit" during nationally televised games to call for the Raiders to return to Oakland, Davis foolishly gave in and moved back. Davis apparently regretted his decision until the day he died, and tried, in court, to somehow have L.A. declared "Raiders territory." Had Davis simply waited a little while longer, perhaps not more than one year, the NFL/FAA deal could have been worked out, or he simply could have replaced the Rams in Anaheim if he felt the Coliseum was now so intolerable a place for the Raiders to call home. But he never felt that Southern California was his home. Instead of trying to work things out, as the NFL and the FAA and LAX have now reportedly done, Davis listened to Madden's rants and went back to Oakland, devaluing his franchise in perpetuity. The bottom line is that Mark Davis and his mother will luck into a deal with Oakland. This, despite their best efforts to anger folks in Oakland and lose out on any deal by pretending that the team will move to either L.A. or San Antonio or elsewhere. When all is said and done, the Raiders will stay in Oakland, period.
As for the Chargers, they are never coming back to Los Angeles because they are owned by the Spanos Family. This ownership group has had several years now when it could have moved to the Coliseum, the Rose Bowl, or to the Grand Crossing site, but they didn't. They have allowed several escape clauses to lapse. The Spanos' would rather complain about competition to the north, bemoan their fate, and wait on San Diego to build them a stadium. While that may someday happen--someday--I honestly think that the NFL would put a second team, maybe the Jaguars, into Inglewood first. Feeling overwhelmed by two teams in L.A., I could definitely see the Spanos' overreacting, and coming to the conclusion that the Chargers should leave San Diego and replace the Rams in St. Louis. So, all of you NFL fans in St. Louis, you may still end up with a team after this season.
St Louis fans, while I might now have your attention, here's the deal. Stan Kronke is extraordinarily rich, in part, because he is a shrewd businessman. Those of you calling on "his loyalty to his home region," please consider a few things. First, when he got total control of the Rams, he ceded his ownership in the Denver Nuggets and Colorado Avalanche to his children, because the NFL made him. While I think it's his son who officially runs those teams now, do you really think that Stan now has no input? Really? The point is that if Kronke "loves St. Louis" so much, why didn't he move the Nuggets to St. Louis? Why couldn't the Nuggets and Blues share an arena? The Hawks moved to Atlanta in the 1960's and the Spirits Of St. Louis couldn't even make it to the NBA/ABA merger, although the Denver Rockets/Nuggets did. (The Denver Rockets had to obviously change their name because of the Houston Rockets.) Why hasn't "proud Missourian" Kronke moved the Avalanche to Kansas City, into a relatively new AEG-owned (and STAPLES Center-like) arena? Or, he could have bought the Blues when they were up for sale not so long ago, and traded ownership of the Avalanche for ownership of the Blues.
Secondly, Kronke owns a home in the Los Angeles area, and tried to buy the Dodgers only about two-and-one half years ago. Kronke bid $1.5 Billion for the team, but would not bid any higher because, as a shrewd businessman, he knew better than to get in bed with Frank McCourt. McCourt, as we now know, refused to sell more than 50 percent of the parking lots around Dodger Stadium. McCourt really wanted Kronke to win the bidding process because McCourt knew that if Kronke won, the Rams would soon be playing in a brand new stadium in the Dodger Stadium parking lots. You bet McCourt wanted a piece of that action. After all, the Number ONE site in the L.A. area that the NFL drools over, but will never have, is the Dodger Stadium parking lot. (If only Peter O'Malley had been able to build that stadium back in the late 1990's...) But when Guggenheim offered him $2.15 Billion, along with his 50% share of the parking lots, for the Dodgers and the stadium, McCourt was too smart to refuse.
The bottom line for Kronke, as it would be for any astute businessperson, is the bottom line. The Rams will at least double in value, make millions more in endorsement deals by being in America's Number 2 market, and free agent players will want to come to the Rams because the team is in Los Angeles. Kronke can even afford to build the new stadium himself, but he probably won't have to as the NFL has offered to help the owner of the team that moves with construction costs. The NFL can put Super Bowls into the new stadium, charge more for TV rights (one reason why the NFL and CBS have only a one-year deal for Thursday Night Football), have a team in L.A., yet still continue to maintain that a second team is needed here. This will allow the NFL to continue to be able to hold up other cities for new places for their teams to play. Plus, after October, Kronke can always call on Farmers Insurance to move their naming rights deal to the Rams' new facility. By moving the Rams to L.A., the NFL cannot lose. More importantly, Stan Kronke cannot lose. There may be some hard feelings against him in St. Louis, but as a partial Wal*Mart owner, he must be used to having some communities against him on a regular basis from time to time.
Finally, for those who cannot see the forest for the trees and claim that the Rams will not move because there has been no announcement, are you kidding? Only yourselves, apparently. How could the Rams expect to sell any tickets in their final season in St. Louis when fans know for sure that the home team is about to move. How could they hold on to their advertisers?
St. Louis, you had the Rams for 20 years, and they got you a Super Bowl victory. L.A. had the Raiders for 13 or 14 seasons, and they got L.A. a Super Bowl victory, But just as the Raiders were always Oakland's team, the Rams have always really been L.A.'s team. If you want to blame somebody, blame the football Cardinals owners, or the NFL, for deciding to expand into Jacksonville when St. Louis was available. But again, take heart, you just may eventually end up with the Chargers. If you do, good luck with that!

You are right. That was looong, but was interesting, and yeah I learned something more.
I had no clue Madden was that involved, but it doesn't surprise me.

For sure now it won't be long until things become totally clear.............meaning football season is around the corner.

I don't get why so many are or were so determined that the Rams were moving back....?????

(oh and BOO! LOL)

so very true on BOTH counts here below.:thup:

The reason they made some improvements to the dome such as better food, sound systems, wifi, and being more active in the community is because they are doing what is required in the move stipulations. They are trying to show that they have tried to work with the community and have tried to get fans in the seats at the stadium. Obviously from the numbers I am seeing and the amount of fans from the other team that are showing up, they have proved thus far that they do have an invisible fan base there regardless of what they have tried to do.

When STL didnt get a expansion team like they planned.( hence the red seats in the dome ) they already had a fall back plan (namely the Rams) . I dont see the ppl of StL rallying like the fans of Minnesota to keep them there. The reason Stan is keeping his mouth shut reminds me of how Georgia was in 94. Why tell the public the team is moving and create problems and even worse attendance numbers. Stan knows the from a financial outlook, moving to L.A is the right choice.

Ofd course LA is the right choice. Even I know that living across the country from there.

Interestingly enough but not surprisingly the news media was very pro on the return of the Rams. Media has a vested interest in sports and reporting on them. Local media also would want to see the economic stimulation that a professional NFL team would generate. And in there speculation they were spot on re: keeping the name Rams. No other name would be adequate.

Looks like the location of the facility is choice. All in all the videos were very complimentary to the return of the Rams.

I have to confess at the end of the first video when I seen the picture of Keith Olbermann, I almost threw up...:ack-1:

Morning Kat...
As you might have noticed my politics lean just a little to the conservative side. Olbermann is a complete liberal whack job. If he would stick to sports I might cut him a break, but when he goes sailing around in the world of politics he is fair game. (to be honest I don't even like his view points on sports) I think maybe we have a personality clash...

Interestingly enough but not surprisingly the news media was very pro on the return of the Rams. Media has a vested interest in sports and reporting on them. Local media also would want to see the economic stimulation that a professional NFL team would generate. And in there speculation they were spot on re: keeping the name Rams. No other name would be adequate.

Looks like the location of the facility is choice. All in all the videos were very complimentary to the return of the Rams.

I have to confess at the end of the first video when I seen the picture of Keith Olbermann, I almost threw up...:ack-1:

actually thats not the case at all.at least with the NATIONAL media.as you will see later on in this thread,the whole national media throughout the country the last two years,they were covering up the facts that the Rams were coming back to LA and trying to fool people into thinking it would be the chargers and raiders. the LA media in that rare case,did their jobs back then,but again,that was a RARE case.

watch that very last video at the bottom in post# 3 and tell me if you agree,that just by watching that one video,that even a child could see the obvious,that they were coming back?:lmao:

expect Rams to be back in LA next year.

Morning Kat...
As you might have noticed my politics lean just a little to the conservative side. Olbermann is a complete liberal whack job. If he would stick to sports I might cut him a break, but when he goes sailing around in the world of politics he is fair game. (to be honest I don't even like his view points on sports) I think maybe we have a personality clash...

Sorry, just seeing this Ridgerunner I understand what you are saying!

Sorry, just seeing this Ridgerunner I understand what you are saying!

No problem Kat. You never know till you ask... I have to be watch myself sometimes... The older I get the more my vocal filter seems to fail me and I just say what is on my mind...:bang3:

Hey Ridge did you see my previous post on this page? post#3252?

I saw it. :p

yeah i know YOU did and you gave me your yes or no answer.I am still waiting on ridge though so hopefully he will soon reply.

Ridge here again is the video. and here is the yes or no question I asked. which is after watching that video,dont you agree that even a CHILD could have seen the obvious from that video,that they were obviously coming back? that it hardly took a genius to see it?:D

Last edited:

Forum List

Back