expect Rams to be back in LA next year.

why has this thread only been attracting the trolls lately?

Last edited:
If the NFL is serious about returning to Los Angeles, it could and should happen within the next two years. If not, another generation of pro football fans in the country's second-biggest TV market will have to be content cheering for fantasy players on fantasy teams instead of an actual team of their own.

Arash Markazi -- If no team arrives within a few years the NFL might not return to Los Angeles for a long time - ESPN Los Angeles

this article was dated july 2013 saying it should happen in two years.It indeed will happen within the two years he said it needed to in the fall of 2015.:dance:

Fake, Fluffer piece for "Duh MFL". The people who post comments there see through the B.S. Obviously you don't.
"Chavez Ravine"? It's actually called Echo Park, look it up. It's a shit town with lousy freeway access. Dodger Stadium is a shitty place too.

Irwindale? "Duh Raypers" floated that idea before they high tailed it back to the Murder Capitol of the West Coast. Where they should stay.

All these fluff pieces are designed to make the average Mind Addled Sports Zombie feel like they're in on the decision making process. They aren't.

They're only gonna' be in on the "financing the Billion Dollar Stadium through Taxes and Bonds" process that is always delivered up the local city's anuses.

"Are you ready for some TAXES!"

Saying and writing the NFL isn’t going to return to Los Angeles any time soon is a bit irresponsible.
At some point, its return is inevitable.
And whether you like it or not, size – market size - does matter.
Nothing’s changed in regards to Los Angeles and its temporary separation with the NFL.
  • The City of Angels is still the second largest market in the country behind only New York City.
  • The “Entertainment Capital of the World” is about to embark on its 19th season without an NFL team.
  • The ONLY reason there isn’t a team(s) in L.A - .no new state-of-the-art stadium -YET.
  • The St. Louis Rams, San Diego Chargers and Oakland Raiders are STILL possible candidates to fill the NFL void in Los Angeles.
As an example I’ll cite former St. Louis Rams running back Steven Jackson who played nine seasons in the Gateway City. He’s the franchise’s all-time leading rusher becoming the 27th player in league history to rush for 10,000+ yards in his career.
He played in relative obscurity for a couple of reasons. A major one being the Rams were terrible during his career in St. Louis. Another is, well, he played in St. Louis.
Had Jackson been a member of a team playing in Los Angeles racking up the on-the-field individual numbers he did in St. Louis, national endorsement opportunities as well as appearances on television or in movies would have been afforded him giving him those independent revenue streams he was never afforded playing in St. Louis.
After all, Los Angeles is known as the Entertainment Capital of the World.
Those independent revenue streams happened for members of the Los Angeles Rams including the Fearsome Foursome lineman – Deacon Jones (Lite Beer Commercials, Heaven Can Wait, Be-Witched), Merlin Olsen (Little House on the Prairie, Father Murphy, FTD Flower Commercials), Lamar Lundy and Rosey Grier, defensive end Fred Dryer – who played TVs “Hunter” when his playing career ended in the 80s, even Elroy “Crazy Legs” Hirsch was a movie star during his playing days for the L.A. Rams in the 1950s.
When they were “Hollywood’s Rams” playing in Los Angeles - not Anaheim, their brand was as big as any other American sports franchise in a big market.
In other sports, do you think the legend of fictional twins separated at birth – Chris and Cliff Paul – would’ve materialized in New Orleans where Chris Paul began his NBA career with the then-Hornets….let alone St. Louis which doesn’t have an NBA team and hasn’t had one since the 1950s?
I don’t think so.

For the NFL and its teams size - market size - does matter. - Los Angeles UCLA Bruins Examiner.com

• Thanks
Reactions: Kat
wow this guy really called it.2 years ago when the stadium ituation in saint Louis surfaced this guy called it correctly that they woul be back in two years.amazing.you hear him mention it at about the 5 minute mark.

the NFL back in LA? its making more and more sense everyday to more and more people.

• Thanks
I want to say,as a rams fan in st.louis,it looks like the efforts of this page and the city of los Angeles will indeed be rewarded with the team.It will be a sad day,next February,when it becomes official,for the few diehards here,such as myself.I wish the SoCal fans well and know that the team will be going to the city that will appreciate them and love them like they never left.This will make 2 times that the nfl will have left my city in my lifetime and although it hurts,I wish the Rams well in their new/old home

this little item was posted in CHIEFS EXTRA here in kansas city of the chiefs and rams game tomorow.it goes on to say-

we know that most of the contempt between kc and the gateway city flows east along interstate 70,but we also feel a little empathy toward saint louis sports fans.everytime they turn aound,one of their pro sports teams seems to be angeling for a way out of town.

just this week,profootball talks mike florio reported that the Rams are considered the most likely NFL team to relocate to Los angeles.

Both Hunt and Demoff pledged to continue the rivalry in the pre-season assuming the Rams,who could get out of their lease as soon as 2015,remain in saint louis.

guy on the news said he has a "very reliable source" that told him and he isn't allowed to say who told him, that there will be an announcement on 2-2-15 and that it's the rams are back in LA

SOME people are under the delusion that the raiders will return to LA along with the rams next year but that clearly is delusional and this below is WHY.
to those who MENTION RAIDERS TO LA...
LA CITY COUNCIL MADE IT KNOWN THEY DO NOT WANT THE RAIDERS!!! Remember WE were there on the 12-0 Vote!!
let me remind you of 25 years ago... we had the LA Riots, yes al davis was alive, A GANG WAS NAMED RAIDERS...
the Neighborhoods near the La Coliseum were AFRAID TO WALK OUT THE DOOR Because of the Raider Fan Base...
the Players of the Raiders by the late 80s were NOT i repeat NOT BRINGING THEIR FAMILIES TO HOME GAMES FOR FEAR AND ABOVE COMMENTS!!!
and the coliseum is just a few blocks to what would be Farmers Field and the LACC
you may not like what i say here, but I DO NOT WANT THE RAIDERS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!
i saw a Raiders game in 1988 when a friend took me to the last home game and i saw the difference in a 6 year span.... and that was before everything else started including the earthquake in 94

• Thanks
so very true..

He can't say the Rams are leaving till the season is over for contractual reasons. He could say they were staying if they were. The silence is golden.

this poster nailed it.:thup:

Fellow StLouians there's nothing making the Rams stay in St Louis past this season. Let's look at the obvious

1 they can break lease after this season
2 there are more than 10x the nfl fans in the grater Los Angeles area
3 fans barely show up to games as it is

Now the less obvious

1 Fisher was a part of the move from Houston to Nashville, he'll know how to handle the players
2 Rams are from LA there are plenty of fans remaining from the that time I'm one of them
3 perfect time to build a new younger fanbase
4 the franchise can make 4x as much money corporate sponsorships

Just from a business standpoint alone it makes since.

New Topics

Forum List

Back