expect Rams to be back in LA next year.

Stan Kroenke is as much of a hero as Georgia Frontiere

Again, the only problem is the "home field advantage"
Home field makes the biggest difference in football then any other sport.
It's a big reason why it's soooo hard to win in Seattle. The crowd noise simply cuts down on the offensive playbook plus hurts audibles/false starts.

With the massive PSL $, will Inglewood stadium be an easy place to play for visiting teams like the Cowboys stadium?
January 26 at 10:14am
12112172_1100940463257351_7421400588938486577_n.jpg

Duane Allen Arturo VallejosI'll admit, catering to dollar signs instead of your fanbase can lead to alienating your core fan base..... Especially if you want to build something like what Denver or Green Bay has.... Be prepared to pay through the nose in Inglewood.... And the Coliseum
1·January 26 at 10:42am
1911936_10153788308224798_4021909412229443632_n.jpg

Ben PitzerYup, probably not so much in the old Coliseum. They already announced prices will be the same as 2015 STL ticket prices which were fair and normal.
A solid home field advantage these next 3 years.
The new Inglewood stadium = a whole different story.
January 26 at 11:53am
1911936_10153788308224798_4021909412229443632_n.jpg

Ben PitzerRemember, it's no secret Kroenke has been a shrewed businessman with questionable ethics in his private business dealings.
It's about the $. Especially after forking over so much $ for the move plus the stadium project.
He's here to make big $!
"Home field advantage" for the Rams on gameday is the least of his concerns. Which hurts the team on the field.

What do Rams fans think of the PSL problem in the new stadium and how it will hurt the "home field advantage"?
Projected to be a higher PSL price then the massive Jerry Jones Dallas Cowboy PSL prices. (Average $30k per seat)
It forces the Cowboys ticket holders to sell some of the games to recoup the cost.

Since the opening of the new Stadium, home field advantage was pretty much taken away as visiting fans snatch up the tickets to see their team and the cool stadium. Zero problem with stadium noise as a big big chunk of fans is for the visiting team.

Same thing will happen in Inglewood as shrewd businessman Kroenke charges record breaking PSL prices.

How NFL skirted stadium vote in Inglewood

Pat Haden and the Los Angeles Rams square off against the late great Ken Stabler (R.I.P.) and the Oakland Raiders in this "NFL on NBC" clip from the '77 NFL season. Curt Gowdy (R.I.P.), John Brodie (former quarterback of the hated San Francisco 49ers) and the late Rams great Merlin Olsen (R.I.P.) call the action.

Video Credit: NBC Sports/NFL/Comcast/NBCUniversal

• Thanks
Reactions: Kat
Why the Raiders will not end up in San Diego:
For the last two weeks Vinny and Fred have been noting that if the Chargers do move to LA, the Raiders will "pounce" on San Diego because "they will kill" the market there (using Vinny's words) although I have tremendous respect to Fred and Vinny, I keep having a logistical and logical itch in that premies. In Houston the owners approved relocation of the Chargers and the conditional relocation of the Raiders with a $550 millionfee. According to Jason Cole, the Houston meetings were specific to LA and it doesn't provide an open range to the Raiders to move anywhere. In other words, the Raiders need to reapply for relocation with a new application/process. Let's look at the following:
1- we know how arduous NFL2LA was, do you think the owners have the stomach for a NFL2SD sequel?
2- it was noted that many owners were not in favor of the Raiders moving to LA, why would that be any different for SD?
3- it was also note that many owners are friendly to Spanos and relate to his stadium struggles. Why would they undermine his business practice especially with a division rival that will "kill" his old market there?
4- other owners (like Clark Hunt of KC) had reservations about two teams in LA right away shocking the LA market, why would such owners jeopardize their seeds in LA and favor three teams 125mi apart?
5- Mark Davis expectations for a stadium are much lower than that of Spano's, so is his pocket book value! so $100 million offered by the NFL to stay goes a long way for Davis in Oakland not to mention the $550million needed to move.
6- Qualcomm will not be refurbished (in case the Raiders are interested in that) because the city of San Diego has done studies showing it's a bad investment. So, considering that public funding for a new stadium for the Chargers with 55 year history there is getting 2/3 disapproval in the polls, what do you think a stadium for a division rival Raiders will get?
Although Raiders to San Diego makes a good Hollywood story of your ex buying your old house Spanos. Prior history and attitude by the NFL indicates otherwise.

• Thanks
Reactions: Kat
Why the Raiders will not end up in San Diego:
For the last two weeks Vinny and Fred have been noting that if the Chargers do move to LA, the Raiders will "pounce" on San Diego because "they will kill" the market there (using Vinny's words) although I have tremendous respect to Fred and Vinny, I keep having a logistical and logical itch in that premies. In Houston the owners approved relocation of the Chargers and the conditional relocation of the Raiders with a $550 millionfee. According to Jason Cole, the Houston meetings were specific to LA and it doesn't provide an open range to the Raiders to move anywhere. In other words, the Raiders need to reapply for relocation with a new application/process. Let's look at the following:
1- we know how arduous NFL2LA was, do you think the owners have the stomach for a NFL2SD sequel?
2- it was noted that many owners were not in favor of the Raiders moving to LA, why would that be any different for SD?
3- it was also note that many owners are friendly to Spanos and relate to his stadium struggles. Why would they undermine his business practice especially with a division rival that will "kill" his old market there?
4- other owners (like Clark Hunt of KC) had reservations about two teams in LA right away shocking the LA market, why would such owners jeopardize their seeds in LA and favor three teams 125mi apart?
5- Mark Davis expectations for a stadium are much lower than that of Spano's, so is his pocket book value! so $100 million offered by the NFL to stay goes a long way for Davis in Oakland not to mention the $550million needed to move.
6- Qualcomm will not be refurbished (in case the Raiders are interested in that) because the city of San Diego has done studies showing it's a bad investment. So, considering that public funding for a new stadium for the Chargers with 55 year history there is getting 2/3 disapproval in the polls, what do you think a stadium for a division rival Raiders will get?
Although Raiders to San Diego makes a good Hollywood story of your ex buying your old house Spanos. Prior history and attitude by the NFL indicates otherwise.

aww. I know you are happy happy.

i know you saw this video once before but take a look at it again,dont you agree from watching that it did not take a genuis to see they were coming back,that even a CHILD could have figured it out? yet we got a lot of fools here that could not see the obvious.for some reason,they were too afraid to llok at this video,they didnt want to listen to anything but their own warped view and are too arrogant to admit they were stupid not to listen to me.:rolleyes:

why is it so hard to say-you were right,i was wrong,i was stupid not to listen to you or look at the evidence?:rolleyes:

i know you saw this video once before but take a look at it again,dont you agree from watching that it did not take a genuis to see they were coming back,that even a CHILD could have figured it out? yet we got a lot of fools here that could not see the obvious.for some reason,they were too afraid to llok at this video,they didnt want to listen to anything but their own warped view and are too arrogant to admit they were stupid not to listen to me.:rolleyes:

why is it so hard to say-you were right,i was wrong,i was stupid not to listen to you or look at the evidence?:rolleyes:

Well, yes, you are right, and you were right. LOL Can't very well deny the video, that is for sure. ;)

Well, yes, you are right, and you were right. LOL Can't very well deny the video, that is for sure. ;)

just wondering,dont you agree that that lady in there is just like that guy newscaster called it,beautiful? lol would love to meet her someday.

Forum List

Back