expect Rams to be back in LA next year.

The St Louis stadium proposal is as bogus as Oakland's would be if IT claimed to have $240 million in state funding too.
The MO legislature deleted that funding in their state budget on Aug 25, mandating in a letter to the governor, a St Louis stadium proponent, that he call for either a statewide referendum before the state issues such new debt, or a vote of the whole legislature, and calls for an agreement by some owner, any owner, to house his team in the new park for 30years before one cent of the state's $240 million funding could be spent on construction. Knowing that either vote would go down in flames, the guv has not responded nor attempted to get the $240 million back in the budget.

Stan The LA Man therefore is free to relocate. If Spanos refuses to deal with him and insists his owner buds support his own, toxic, stadium and blocks the Rams, Stan should pull an Al Davis and bolt, start up the moving vans immediately and inform the NFL legal wizards, Larry Moe and Curly respectively, he will beat the shit out of them in court just as Al Davis did, on the grounds of restraint of trade, which in the United States of America is bigtime illegal. Luckily the NFL, which thinks it is its own country, Napoleon hats included, and its NFL Constitution has no leg to stand on and is a joke, as Tom Brady and any number of players have proven over the last two years.

Is there any periodic activity in LA of LA Rams fans which can promote Stan relocating BEFORE Jan 12-13, so the NFL hears of it, does the right thing and lets my Ram-people go?

On @TheBeast980 @@WesClements22 will be singing this Rams version of 'Auld Lang Syne' to all in‪#‎Rams‬Country just before 3pm!‪#‎LARams2015‬

Move Rams -- not Chargers or Raiders -- to L.A.

the one thing he got wrong here is that LA does not deserve any teams.No they deserve the RAMS and ONLY the Rams fool.
Returning the Los Angeles is the right move for the Rams. LA will benefit, the Rams will be back on their home turf and who knows what will happen out of that. No doubt LA fans will show up in droves and football in California will have a revival. They may even get some rain. Bring an umbrella Rams fans!

I believe NFL really likes Bay Area market and are willing to be patient with Oakland!
2·17 hrs

Keep the Raiders in Oakland
It would be too much money to lose in the Bay Area market vs. going to L.A. where two teams would share revenue. The argument would be for somebody pro L.A. is they would also share cost which is true.However, say somehow both Raiders and Chargers bothcontinue to not make it to playoffs and the attendance is not good I'm sure they don't want to share that revenue turnover together. The projected cost for the PSL's is already out of price range for the core Raider Nation blue collar fan should I also mention.
16 hrs·Edited
12299114_10208234561291315_483820419078957119_n.jpg

Dean WilleAbsolutely plus NFL doesnt want to leave the big Bay Area to Niners! Too much potential to leave to one team!
1·16 hrs

Keep the Raiders in Oakland
Dean Willeespecially how the niners are playing lol! and relocating to somewhere else to build a new stadium is killing their fan base.#alessonlearned
1·16 hrs

Here's the way I see it going down:

- in the days leading up to the meetings we are going to hear rumblings out of Oakland that a new stadium deal to keep the Raiders there is "imminent". We'll start hearing leaked details about financing and designson or around the 8th.
- On the 11th it will be announced jointly by the FAA and Kroenke's partners that all of the issues that were raised by the FAA have been addressed. The FAA now has no issues with the stadium being built and construction can begin as soon as consent to move is secured.
- On the 12th the first round of debates will occur and a straw vote taken. Both proposals will still not have enough votes to pass.
- Just as the meetings are breaking up on the 12th a bombshell is dropped on the proceedings: the Raiders announce that they are pulling out of the Carson deal and are accepting a new deal put forth jointly by the city of Oakland, the Raiders and an "unnamed private investor" to build a new stadium for the Raiders. Dean Spanos has no comment.
- Later that evening Spanos releases a statement saying that he is "saddened that the business partnership between the Chargers and the Raiders ended in such an unprofessional manner. If communications between the two parties had been maintained throughout the process, then any concerns that the Raider ownership had about the financing of the Carson project could have been addressed. We will continue to move forward in our efforts to provide a state of the art stadium for the Chargers franchise to play in, and for our fans to attend."
- At 9am on the 13th it is being reported that the Carson project is falling apart. Rumors that Goldman Sachs is pulling their support for the project are running rampant all throughout the facility. Carmon Policy appears before the media to assure everyone that everything is fine and that Carson will happen.
- At 9:15 Stan Kroenke is seen having a conversation with Robert Kraftand Jerry Jones. It looks as if some plans are being laid.
- At 9:25 it is announced that the Rams wish to address the ownership meetings before a vote is taken at 1:30. The Rams ask to address the owners at 11:15 to lay out their case for relocation.
- At 10:30 another nail in Carson's coffin is hammered down as a report on the cleanup required before any construction can begin is made public. The costs of the initial cleanup were higher than anyone anticipated, and the length of time required for the property means that any stadium built there might not be safe to open until 2027. Furthermore it is disclosed that additional remediation details were left out of the initial proposal and were simply not planned for. Some of these details included treatment of the remaining soil, protection of the surrounding communities during cleanup and construction, and safeguarding the health of cleanup crew and construction workers from any unknown hazards created by their activities. The report is signed off by CalOSHA and the EPA.
- At 11:19 Stan Kroenke breaks his silence and addresses the owners meetings. He lays out his case for the Rams wishing to relocate back to L.A. which includes the following:
- the lack of corporate support stemming from the St. Louis area in the form of decreased luxury box sales and multiple corporate headquarters leaving the area.
- the breach of the EJD lease by the city of St Louis when they refused to bring the facility up to the "top tier standard" as spelled out in the lease. This was after the Rams had won their case in arbitration.
- the fact that the upkeep on the EJD has been neglected, and that it has created a "dangerous playing hazard" for not only Rams players, but for players from opposing teams. He cites the injuries to Colt McCoy and Reggie Bush as examples.the turning of the community against the Rams and its fans in the wake of the "hands up" gesture of support before the Raider game in 2014.
- the lack of ticket sales to the local market. Most of the Rams ticket sales come from outside the St Louis area. Most of their ticket sales comes from the area of whomever their opponents are that week.
- the general decline of the area surrounding not only the stadium, but also St Louis. A rise in community unrest is cited as a factor in asserting that the area is increasingly becoming unsafe for fans and players, with special emphasis on the unrest in Ferguson as an example.
- The uncertainty of the financing of the new stadium proposed for the Riverfront area is addressed. With all of the promises that the task force has made to the league and to the Rams, the issue of the bonds not being paid by the Missouri Legislature has been glossed over. The declaration that the bonds will not be paid by the Legislature makes the proposal, in the Rams mind, unviable.
- The proposed location of the Riverfront Stadium is prone to flooding, as seen in the recent floods that have struck the area.
- the proposed stadium in Inglewood already has corporations lining up to buy not only luxury boxes, but also seat licenses for on-field boxes as well as possible naming rights for the facility.
- even more detailed plans for the Inglewood stadium are unveiled which includes a second set of home locker rooms for a second franchise, a second set of owners offices and boxes, and expanded parking facilities which would allow for an enhanced tailgating experience on gamedays.
- an expanded financial prospectus is distributed outlining a detailed summary of the financial return towards investors of the project, but also the returns distributed towards the other 31 NFL owners through the league's profit sharing plan. There is also a comparison between what the return would be in Inglewood, and the projected returns should the Ramsgiven the firm second thoughts about the stadium venture.
- The meetings reconvene at 2:53, and by 3:32 it is over. The Rams proposal for moving to Los Angeles is approved by a 26-5 margin with 1 abstention. Some of the votes against were from San Diego, Carolina and Houston - Oakland was the one abstention. The Chargers withdraw their relocation application due to their Carson proposal being all but dead.
- As the meetings adjourn some more details are released as to the terms of the relocation. The relocation fee agreed on was $500 million with the understanding that half of that fee was to go towards financing stadium construction in both Oakland and San Diego. A fee that Stan Kroenke agreed to without reservation.

In the days that follow the City of San Diego attempts to reopen negotiations with a reluctant Dean Spanos.

The City of St Louis tries to get an injunction against the Rams relocation plans to no avail.

Plans for the new stadium in Oakland are unveiled as "modest" in comparison to Inglewood. Raider owner Mark Davis is described as "pleased with its simplicity".

The Rams move their offices and facilities back to their temporary offices on Pico Blvd until their new facilities can be built in Manhattan Beach.

The Rams begin playing in the L.A. Coliseum for their pre season schedule in August of 2016.

The Rams open the regular season in front of a capacity crowd at the Coliseum against the Dallas Cowboys on Sunday Night Football.

Photos/Videos of Bring Back the Los... - Darla Lynne Ingle | Facebook

A couple days ago, on the Myers and Wes show, they interviewed Michael Irvin. I've been trying to get a hold of the podcast, but it isn't up on the Beast 980 site (many of the days during the holiday week were not posted). Anyway, during the interview, Michael made the comment that when he was joining the draft back in '88, he told [his agent or NFL, not sure which] that he only wanted to play in New York, Los Angeles or Dallas. When Chris asked him why, he said that he would make more money. Specifically, he said he would accept a lower salary to go to one of those markets because whatever he lost on the front end, he would make up for on the back end. He said there is more endorsement money when you're in a big market. Michael said that Green Bay expressed the desire to draft him at #7, but he told them, no. He wanted one of the three markets he named. And so Green Bay passed and he was drafted by Dallas at #11. Chris asked him what he would have done if a town like St. Louis had tried to draft him and he laughed. I really want to post a link to the podcast because if you hear his laugh in response to that question, it is very telling just how ridiculous he felt that was. When asked again, he just said, "I only wanted to play in New York, Los Angeles or Dallas."

So why am I bringing this up? Because it is proof that good talent doesn't want to go to markets like St. Louis. Michael Irvin openly admitted it, and many of us have suspected that top talent avoids St. Louis. If you want to know why the Rams have sucked almost the entire time they have been there, the city itself is part of the reason. The team's win/loss record is effected because of the city they are in. St. Louis = mediocrity, Los Angeles = attract top talent. Attaching "Los Angeles" in front of the team's name would be a huge benefit.

I want the Rams to be great again. I want them to attract top talent again. That won't happen in St. Louis. I can't say if the Rams will come back to Los Angeles or not, but I can say that if they stay there, they will wallow in mediocrity for the rest of their existence. If you truly love the team, you want them to come back home to Los Angeles.

Last edited:

the one thing he got wrong here is that LA does not deserve any teams.No they deserve the RAMS and ONLY the Rams fool.
Returning the Los Angeles is the right move for the Rams. LA will benefit, the Rams will be back on their home turf and who knows what will happen out of that. No doubt LA fans will show up in droves and football in California will have a revival. They may even get some rain. Bring an umbrella Rams fans!
yes unlike in st louis.LA will support the team for sure.

Memo to NFL owners: When it comes to bringing Los Angeles back to your future during the next few weeks, take the Rams, but don't even think about touching the Raiders or the Chargers.

this author gets it.take the Rams but dont touch The Raiders or Chargers. I also like it here where he says both the cities of SD and Oakland are too precious to lose but not the same thing about st louis.lol
:thup:

Last edited:

Memo to NFL owners: When it comes to bringing Los Angeles back to your future during the next few weeks, take the Rams, but don't even think about touching the Raiders or the Chargers.

this author gets it.take the Rams but dont touch The Raiders or Chargers. I also like it here where he says both the cities of SD and Oakland are too precious to lose but not the same thing about st louis.lol
I have to agree with the author too. San Diego is a great place to host the Super Bowl in the dead of winter. It IS a lot of money to the NFL. I have always thought it was a shame the Chargers can't get a new stadium. Qualcomm has got to be one of the oldest if not the oldest venue in the league. A bit disappointed Dickie Post wasn't mentioned lol.

The fact the Raiders ownership has stated they want to stay in Oakland and the attendance in LA makes the likelihood of that move pretty low in my opinion. I had never actually heard any rumors about a Raiders move to LA until reading your post the other day.

That leaves the Rams. The article makes it sound as if LA and St. Louis are closely related. Neither seem to like their teams enough to get them to stay. More interest in baseball and basketball. I liked the Rams when they were in LA. Flipper Anderson, Henry Ellard, Jim Everret, Jackie Slater, Eric Dickerson were all fun to watch. Who can forget about Joe Pendleton, Leo Farnsworth, and Tom Jarret hahaha! I don't know why, but I couldn't stand them after they moved to St. Louis. Maybe it was because they left. I don't know.

It seems a big risk to take for any team to move to Los Angeles given its history. They would probably have just as high attendance in San Antonio, heck maybe London. Are people from LA that big of fair weather football fans? I can't see the Rams doing well for a couple more years in their current state (I think they are headed in the right direction) which doesn't bode well for attendance in LA. Especially if the Kings, Dodgers, Lakers, Clippers, etc have an exceptional string of seasons.

Kind of funny the Colts can keep a team and have a decent attendance/market sandwiched between the Bears and football states like Michigan and Ohio, but not Los Angeles. Not to mention football in Indiana is something to occupy your time until basketball season rolls around.

Good article. Thanks for the heads up.:)

Billionaire Larry Ellison interested in part of Raiders

No one has the votes, but only one owner has the cash...LA RAMS!

Neither chargers or raiders can afford that. Stan can.

Does Dean really think his buddies among owners are anxious to hear ESK shout, "See you in court" if the league turns the Rams down? And is Dean really that anxious to be compelled to testify about Jerry Richardson's collusion to help him get Bob Iger's services? I say the NFL better think long and hard before denying the Rams' move. It'll be Al Davis on steroids, with a smoking gun that Davis didn't have when he successfully beat the league in his quest to move the Raiders to Los Angeles in the 1980s.

Alan Fox - Photos/Videos of Bring Back the Los Angeles Rams | Facebook

Last edited:
Photos/Videos of Bring Back the Los... - Jonathan Johnson | Facebook

NFL heavyweights to meet in New York in advance of LA relocation vote

Does Dean really think his buddies among owners are anxious to hear ESK shout, "See you in court" if the league turns the Rams down? And is Dean really that anxious to be compelled to testify about Jerry Richardson's collusion to help him get Bob Iger's services? I say the NFL better think long and hard before denying the Rams' move. It'll be Al Davis on steroids, with a smoking gun that Davis didn't have when he successfully beat the league in his quest to move the Raiders to Los Angeles in the 1980s.

I have to agree with the author too. San Diego is a great place to host the Super Bowl in the dead of winter. It IS a lot of money to the NFL. I have always thought it was a shame the Chargers can't get a new stadium. Qualcomm has got to be one of the oldest if not the oldest venue in the league. A bit disappointed Dickie Post wasn't mentioned lol.

The fact the Raiders ownership has stated they want to stay in Oakland and the attendance in LA makes the likelihood of that move pretty low in my opinion. I had never actually heard any rumors about a Raiders move to LA until reading your post the other day.

That leaves the Rams. The article makes it sound as if LA and St. Louis are closely related. Neither seem to like their teams enough to get them to stay. More interest in baseball and basketball. I liked the Rams when they were in LA. Flipper Anderson, Henry Ellard, Jim Everret, Jackie Slater, Eric Dickerson were all fun to watch. Who can forget about Joe Pendleton, Leo Farnsworth, and Tom Jarret hahaha! I don't know why, but I couldn't stand them after they moved to St. Louis. Maybe it was because they left. I don't know.

It seems a big risk to take for any team to move to Los Angeles given its history. They would probably have just as high attendance in San Antonio, heck maybe London. Are people from LA that big of fair weather football fans? I can't see the Rams doing well for a couple more years in their current state (I think they are headed in the right direction) which doesn't bode well for attendance in LA. Especially if the Kings, Dodgers, Lakers, Clippers, etc have an exceptional string of seasons.

Kind of funny the Colts can keep a team and have a decent attendance/market sandwiched between the Bears and football states like Michigan and Ohio, but not Los Angeles. Not to mention football in Indiana is something to occupy your time until basketball season rolls around.

Good article. Thanks for the heads up.:)

Thats always been a myth that LA has fair weather football fans.Here is the proof on that. The first year the chargers were in LA,that was the reason why they moved to san diego in the first place was they could not compete with the Rams for attendance out there.

Even though they had a winning season and made it into the divisonal round playoffs,their average crowds they had were only around 11,000 or so. The Rams on the other hand,even thought they finished the season with a losing record with the opposite record the chargers had in reverse,they averaged crowds of around over 77,000.

Hardly fairy weather fans.lol

LA will only embrace the Rams nobody else. the Year the Raiders moved out to LA,they had just come off winning a superbowl in oakland the previous season and incredibly their very first home game in LA drew a small crowd of just over 42,000.:lmao: wow,what a way to greet a winner.:lmao:

then a few years later when they won the superbowl out there in LA,the next season for their home opener,they only drew a small crowd of just over 45,000.,the oakland raiders might have won a superbowl out there in LA,but nobody in LA cared.:lmao:

that same year the rams for their home opener,they drew a sellout crowd standing room only of over 65,000.

LA is clearly Rams country.NFL football will do fine there but ONLY if it is just one team the Rams,the NFL is too stupid to understand this though.

also look at these two videos here.as you can see in these videos,that stadium is packed to the max,not one empty seat.

the first one is really impressive because as you can see,it is from the mid 70's and against the pitiful st louis cardinals who were always so terrible while in st louis.

dont know WHY anybody WOULD like the rams after they left LA,st louis rams is the most retarded name for a football team.if they arent playing in st louis,they arent the Rams.I refuse to this day to call them anything other than LOS ANGELES Rams.

same with oakland,if they arent in oakland,they are the Raiders.when they moved to LA,they might as well have left for alaska for all i cared.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back