Expanded and Improved Medicare for All Act: comprehensive universal coverage

Discussion in 'Healthcare/Insurance/Govt Healthcare' started by ScienceRocks, Sep 25, 2017.

1. ScorpioRising007

ScorpioRising007 Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +54
    But at least it is a fair system for the rich and the poor. Both the poor and rich get treated equally like shit under that system, no special treatment for those spoiled rich kids, if they get to wait in the long lines like the rest of us and get crappy treatment and if they die while waiting oh well... that is what it feels like to be poor... I say about time the rich get treated like shit for a change instead of being treated like spoiled brats. With the current system in US the Rich get access to all the best healthcare and quick healthcare. While the poor can't afford it, get rotten treatment, can't get quick access to healthcare rich can.

I would rather have a shittier healthcare system where all rich and poor suffer in long wait lists and long lines. It all gets paid by government so the poor can afford it. Yes it will be shitty healthcare, but at least the poor can get some healthcare for free even if it's shitty instead of being denied any healthcare coverage at all.

My wife was living out of a car with no insurance before I met her working at McDonalds. The only reason she has insurance is because of my job. I know so many poor like my wife was who are poor and have no insurance.

They apply to state healthcare system get denied, they apply to Obamacare get denied, etc.

socialized medicine is the way to go and the future.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2017
  2. MadChemist

MadChemist Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +75
    That's an interesting idea.

The only problem is that the rich will find what they need in the private market. They'll get what they need all the while assauging themselves regarding you and the money you'll pay to get crappy care.

3. Mac1958

Mac1958 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +32,632
    Single Payer, a completely closed system, is probably better than Wild West health care, a completely open system.

But a better alternative is a carefully-balanced blend of public financing and free market competition.

Which we already have in the Medicare/Medicare Supplement/Medicare Advantage program.

If more people knew how it actually worked - and clearly, few do - they'd be demanding it immediately.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2017
  4. dblack

dblack Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,746
    What are you calling "Wild West" health care? This sounds like usual false dichotomy of the statists - they insist that anyone who isn't in favor of their latest scheme is an anarchist. Deregulating health care doesn't mean repealing laws that protect people from fraud or quackery. It doesn't mean doctors can make false claims or commit malpractice and get away with it. It means that we stop trying to use government to tell our neighbors how to live. It means it's none of the government's business how people finance their health care. It means it's none of the government's business which doctor you see, or why.

5. debbiedowner

debbiedowner Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,602
    Most that are against it don't care to research how Medicare works or just too plain dumb.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. dblack

dblack Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,746
    Most who are for it have the same problem. Most of them don't realize that Medicare is outsourced to private insurance companies. If you think Medicare for All is going to push the big, bad corporations out of the picture, think again. It just means they get in bed with government.

7. debbiedowner

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,602
    No, I understand Medicare very well thank you. It also works very well for 99% of whom are on it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. dblack

dblack Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,746
    No to what? Are you denying that Medicare is farmed out to for-profit insurance corporations?

9. debbiedowner

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,602
    no

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +24,830
    Canadians are overwhelmingly in favor of their national healthcare program.
    New poll shows Canadians overwhelmingly support public health care

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1