Exodus brewing: Saudi teen granted asylum in Canada calls on others to follow her example and flee

the other mike

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2019
Secret City under Denver Airport
The title is possibly misleading, because you can rest assured this "exodus" will be dealt with quickly and harshly, knowing the Saudi family in power. After they've beheaded 10 or 12 of these 'escapees', the fear of being caught will put an end to this.

18-year-old Rahaf al-Qunun, who was granted asylum after fleeing her family and barricading herself in a hotel room, hopes that her story encourages other Saudi women – and many are apparently starting to listen.

The young woman who fled her parent's custody last week gave her first TV interview on Tuesday, where she highlighted the “abuse and oppression” Saudi women face as a result of the country’s strict laws and customs.

Women can’t even travel on their own, they’re treated like children even if they’re 50 or 60 years-old, they aren’t free or equal to their male counter-parts,” Rahaf lamented.

She believes she is not the only woman fleeing the Kingdom and hopes her example encourages others to be “brave and free,” perhaps even serving as a catalyst for broad social change. Her words come days after media reports surfaced showing that a growing number of women are threatening exodus from Saudi Arabia in opposition to the country’s guardianship laws.
(continued)
Exodus brewing: Saudi teen granted asylum in Canada calls on others to follow her example and flee
791.JPG

There are hundreds of people on death row in America, and some are executed every years.

So what's the problem?? ... :dunno:
I can't argue with that, but personally you couldn't pay me enough to go there and I'm a man. And I agree the US justice system is far from perfect - just look at Guantanamo Bay...prisons in Texas and other southern states with no AC in the summer...

But this is about women wanting to flee from extreme oppression and I'm surprised it's taking so long.

But this is about women wanting to flee from extreme oppression and I'm surprised it's taking so long.
I personally know many muslim men and women from Saudi Arabia and have been invited to their homes and eaten dinner with them.

The women I've meet were very happy, love their country, and wouldn't want to live anywhere else.

But the western media eats it up when a rebellious teen like this one in the OP defies her parents and runs away from home. And they try to make it seem like all Saudi women are wanting to flee the country.

Which is just lies feed to a gullible public. .... :cool:

I personally know many muslim men and women from Saudi Arabia and have been invited to their homes and eaten dinner with them.

The women I've meet were very happy, love their country, and wouldn't want to live anywhere else.

But the western media eats it up when a rebellious teen like this one in the OP defies her parents and runs away from home. And they try to make it seem like all Saudi women are wanting to flee the country.

Which is just lies feed to a gullible public. .... :cool:
The western media kisses Saudi Arabia's ass almost as much as Israel's the way I see it. They never mention beheadings or genocide in Yemen ( until recently but not very much ).

• Oct. 28, 2016
“We’re not allowed to even go to the supermarket without permission or a companion, and that’s a simple thing on the huge, horrendous list of rules we have to follow.” — DOTOPS, 24

“The male guardianship makes my life like a hell!! We want to hang out with our friends, go and have lunch outside. I feel hopeless.” — JUJU19, 21

“I don’t mind taking my dad’s approval in things he should be a part of. These very strong social bonds you will never, ever understand.” — NOURA

These are three of the nearly 6,000 women from Saudi Arabia who wrote to The New York Times last week about their lives.

‘I Live in a Lie’: Saudi Women Speak Up

Saudi Arabia is a-changing. New leaders like Moe Salman are fighting the regressive like the Muslim Brotherhood, and have even applied sanctions to leaders like they did to Mr. Khashoggi at their Turkish consulate.

There is still some resistance from the Saudi Left on this, but I think their friendship with America will bring freedom back to their country and enable men like Mr. Salman to Make Saudi Arabia Great Again.

what punishment would that be? The woman believed her life was in danger. Would she face execution?
The woman knew the laws of her country and willingly chose to break them.
Her punishment will be determined by a Saudi court if she returns.
But no, she didn't commit a capital offense worthy of execution. ... :cool:

Last edited:
That is one brave Saudi woman, fleeing that terrible, archaic, asinine, terrorist regime.

The Saudi regime is one of the most violent regimes within the ME, women seem to suffer the most there, and the Saudis just so happen to be best buds with Jared K. & the Trump Crime Mafia.

Maybe Trump can build a wall around Saudi Arabia & keep those Saudi terrorist from coming to New York & doing another 9/11.

what punishment would that be? The woman believed her life was in danger. Would she face execution?
The woman knew the laws of her country and willingly chose to break them.
Her punishment will be determined by a Saudi court if she returns.
But no, she didn't commit a capital offense worthy of execution. ... :cool:

Based on what you know of Saudi law how would you punish the woman? Is there anything about infibulating her? Read that somewhere. Saudis do that?

Forum List

Back