Exit Polls: Half of Clinton Voters Will Not Support Obama

Jon

The CPA
Mar 20, 2008
Fayetteville, AR
http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/05/06/primaries.change/index.html

It's around the 10th paragraph down. There was another article with more exit polls, but I can't find it. I'll provide those links as soon as I find them.

Here's all the exit poll results:

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/

I find it comical that so many said they won't vote for Obama if he wins the nomination, yet 54% still think he can win it. Moral of the story: voters are confused as to what the hell is going on.

From the first link provided.

According to early exit polls, half of Clinton's supporters in Indiana would not vote for Obama in a general election match up with Sen. John McCain, the presumptive Republican presidential nominee.

A third of Clinton voters said they would pick McCain over Obama, while 17 percent said they would not vote at all. Forty-eight percent of Clinton supporters said they would back Obama in November.

Obama got even less support from Clinton backers in North Carolina where 45 percent of Clinton supporters said they would vote for him over McCain. Thirty-eight percent of Clinton supporters said they would vote for McCain while 12 percent said they would not vote.

Obama voters appear to be more willing to support Clinton in November. In Indiana, 59 percent of Obama backers said they'd vote for Clinton, and 70 percent of Obama backers in North Carolina said vote for her against McCain.

The hatefulness and vindictiveness of the left is exposed. They'd rather see a Republican win than vote for their own party candidate.
Particularly amusing when you consider the fact that really, Obama and Clinton agree on most of the important issues. Just more evidence of the hatefulness of the left. Let's cut off our noses to spite our faces....:clap2:

When rubber meets the road, they will vote Democratic but I still say that an Obama/Hillary ticket would win easily.

The hatefulness and vindictiveness of the left is exposed. They'd rather see a Republican win than vote for their own party candidate.
Particularly amusing when you consider the fact that really, Obama and Clinton agree on most of the important issues. Just more evidence of the hatefulness of the left. Let's cut off our noses to spite our faces....:clap2:

Errr, what?

Democrats willing to vote for McCain over Obama are somehow hateful? Or maybe, you know...they like him better?

Oh, no wait, they are Democrats there must be some eeeeeeeevil explanation for it! I bet they rape babies too!

Nice bullshit explanation Allie. Might want to stick to, oh I don't know...maybe the FACTS in the future?

are you smoking fucking crack? I've heard the exact same thing from half a dozen arch republican talking heads during the republican primaries.

what kills me is even with the overinflated media circus over the wright and the bitter comments...hillary just managed a squeek win indiania.

if it was really a big deal she'd have let's say actually HANDILY won.

AND THANK HEAVENS

When rubber meets the road, they will vote Democratic but I still say that an Obama/Hillary ticket would win easily.

That will never happen. Hillary won't play second fiddle again. So, she'll fight until the convention. She'll lose. Her supporters will vote McCain and voila, another republican president.

That will never happen. Hillary won't play second fiddle again. So, she'll fight until the convention. She'll lose. Her supporters will vote McCain and voila, another republican president.

i would not be surprised to see it play out this way. but i also cant imagine the rest of the democratic party forgiving her for essentially giving the repubs the election just so she can run again in 4 years.

Who's to say that this percentage of people are not the independants and disillusioned republicans voting democratic this time to support hillary and these are the people that will go for Mccain if not her because they feel that Obama is more Liberal in his ideas than Hillary or Mccain?

Regardless, if they are Democratic voters, I believe they will vote for Obama over voting for McCain when it comes down to the General....

Care

I definitely appreciate voters that aren't blindly tied to a brand name of Republican or Democrat. It tells me they're actually thinking about something that's a little more complicated than Coke vs. Pepsi.

lol

yeah i mean one taste's like poop and has child molestors for advertisers

the other is a class act.

Brilliant strategy on the Dem part, don't you think?

I definitely appreciate voters that aren't blindly tied to a brand name of Republican or Democrat. It tells me they're actually thinking about something that's a little more complicated than Coke vs. Pepsi.

It tells me they're schizophrenic.

right right

difference between pubs and dims...why would anyone think there are differences

yes...discussion of psychology problems is appropriate right now...but for different reasons...lol.

:eusa_wall: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Brilliant strategy on the Dem part, don't you think?

it's not a dem strategy. It's a Hillary strategy. To be honest, I wouldn't mind seeing Hillary take the same exit Joe Lieberman did after all this.

Forum List

Back