Exit poll shows whites back Clinton, blacks support Obama in Mississippi presidential

CrimsonWhite

*****istrator Emeritus
Mar 13, 2006
Guntucky
WASHINGTON (AP) - Blacks were overwhelmingly supporting Barack Obama while whites were strongly behind Hillary Rodham Clinton on Tuesday as Mississippi's Democratic presidential primary proved to be 1 of the most racially polarized held so far this year.

According to preliminary results from exit polls of voters, about seven in 10 whites were backing Clinton while nine in 10 blacks were voting for Obama. Only in Alabama and Arkansas, two other Southern states, have more than seven in 10 whites supported Clinton.

http://www.kfvs12.com/Global/story.asp?S=8001329

Anybody surprised?

I cannot believe what I am reading. Mississippi has never had any kind of issue where different ethnicities have failed to coexist among one another. :eusa_liar:

Why do they even report stuff like that? No body cares anymore. I don't believe racism even exists (to the majority of Americans) I'm sure there are real racists out there. .:eusa_eh: When a white person hates a white person, it's just plain hate. When a race hates someone from another race, it's racism. The fact is, which it is proven time an time again, is that people are naturally more comfortable around people who they have more in common with.. Look at a school lunch room. What you'll notice, is that the hispanics sit together, the whites sit together, and the blacks sit together. You can go to any school and observe this kind of behavior. It's natural. You drop me in a circle with three different racial groups surrounding it, I'm going to choose my own race. It's not because I'm racist. I talk to hispanics and blacks all the time, but I'm just more comfortable around people I am more similar to. Anyone else would do the same. Unless the group of your own race were going to kill you. Then you'd choose another. :rolleyes:

I cannot believe what I am reading. Mississippi has never had any kind of issue where different ethnicities have failed to coexist among one another. :eusa_liar:

Why do they even report stuff like that? No body cares anymore. I don't believe racism even exists (to the majority of Americans) I'm sure there are real racists out there. .:eusa_eh: When a white person hates a white person, it's just plain hate. When a race hates someone from another race, it's racism. The fact is, which it is proven time an time again, is that people are naturally more comfortable around people who they have more in common with.. Look at a school lunch room. What you'll notice, is that the hispanics sit together, the whites sit together, and the blacks sit together. You can go to any school and observe this kind of behavior. It's natural. You drop me in a circle with three different racial groups surrounding it, I'm going to choose my own race. It's not because I'm racist. I talk to hispanics and blacks all the time, but I'm just more comfortable around people I am more similar to. Anyone else would do the same. Unless the group of your own race were going to kill you. Then you'd choose another. :rolleyes:

Yes, somebody cares. "Most" people are racists regardless of their color. I've met politicians, judges, lots of policemen and CEOs of large companies that one of one will ask "where in the hell did all these (the N word) and Mexican people get all this power? The simple answer is that the politicians butter up with them for their votes pretending they like them and give them everything they want which is tantamount to buying their votes. Most of these people wouldn't be caught socializing with minorities of any shade. I guarantee that if these people couldn't vote, blacks would be back in slavery and the Mexicans would be in Mexico. I know a lot of people that won't let minorities in their house, and they keep their remote controls in their hands and when a minority comes on TV, they switch the channel. Yes, racism exist, but people just put up with it the best they can because they know the politicians will do anything to get their vote, even send you to jail. It's just one big hypocritical world out there.

Yes, somebody cares. "Most" people are racists regardless of their color. I've met politicians, judges, lots of policemen and CEOs of large companies that one of one will ask "where in the hell did all these (the N word) and Mexican people get all this power? The simple answer is that the politicians butter up with them for their votes pretending they like them and give them everything they want which is tantamount to buying their votes. Most of these people wouldn't be caught socializing with minorities of any shade. I guarantee that if these people couldn't vote, blacks would be back in slavery and the Mexicans would be in Mexico. I know a lot of people that won't let minorities in their house, and they keep their remote controls in their hands and when a minority comes on TV, they switch the channel. Yes, racism exist, but people just put up with it the best they can because they know the politicians will do anything to get their vote, even send you to jail. It's just one big hypocritical world out there.

So all politicians, judges, ad CEOs are racist? There are black and hispanic politicians, judges, and CEOs. As far as your statement, you're right. There are racists out there. That's pretty much what I meant when I said, "I'm sure there are real racists out there." But the majority of Americans are not "racist" they're doing what is natural to them. That was the whole point of my post. That's why I mentioned young kids in a lunch room. The majority of these young kids (Elementary level)are not taught to be racist in these days, however, they still sit together at lunch based on their races. No one is making them do it, it's just natural. You can look at a city also...Nobody makes a black family move to the "black" side of town, or a hispanic family move to the "hispanic" side of town, or a white family to move to the "white" side of town. People move to places like this because it's more comfortable to them.

There's different types of white people that I don't care to hang around, does that mean that I am racist against white people? There are certain groups of people within races that people don't like.

I know racists too, but I'm not going to generalize and say that because I know some racists that alot of people are racists. Just because you don't agree with what another race does or may not do, doesn't mean that you're racist. People look too much into this kind of stuff. (and I will say that the number of racists in your immediate area depends on where you live.)

To me, the people that are racists (today) are you Jesse Jacksons, Quannel (spelling) X, and their black panthers. They only come out of the woodwork when a minority has been wronged by whites. There is plenty of black on black and hispanic on hispanic crimes but you don't see them get all bent out of shape when that happens.

I have plenty of black friends and plenty of hispanic friends and we don't seem to have a problems. Sure, we do things a little different, but we can laugh at it and go on with life.

So all politicians, judges, ad CEOs are racist? There are black and hispanic politicians, judges, and CEOs. As far as your statement, you're right. There are racists out there. That's pretty much what I meant when I said, "I'm sure there are real racists out there." But the majority of Americans are not "racist" they're doing what is natural to them. That was the whole point of my post. That's why I mentioned young kids in a lunch room. The majority of these young kids (Elementary level)are not taught to be racist in these days, however, they still sit together at lunch based on their races. No one is making them do it, it's just natural. You can look at a city also...Nobody makes a black family move to the "black" side of town, or a hispanic family move to the "hispanic" side of town, or a white family to move to the "white" side of town. People move to places like this because it's more comfortable to them.

There's different types of white people that I don't care to hang around, does that mean that I am racist against white people? There are certain groups of people within races that people don't like.

I know racists too, but I'm not going to generalize and say that because I know some racists that alot of people are racists. Just because you don't agree with what another race does or may not do, doesn't mean that you're racist. People look too much into this kind of stuff. (and I will say that the number of racists in your immediate area depends on where you live.)

To me, the people that are racists (today) are you Jesse Jacksons, Quannel (spelling) X, and their black panthers. They only come out of the woodwork when a minority has been wronged by whites. There is plenty of black on black and hispanic on hispanic crimes but you don't see them get all bent out of shape when that happens.

I have plenty of black friends and plenty of hispanic friends and we don't seem to have a problems. Sure, we do things a little different, but we can laugh at it and go on with life.
Can't argue with you, I agree. I'm white, my best friend is a Negro. Him and I both are racist though about some nationalities. He has his, I have mine. I still estimate that over 90% of the population regardless of color are racist. One thing about it all though, a person has the right to be a racist and hate anyone for any reason whether it's valid or not.

fair enough, I guess maybe our definition of racism differs a little bit. Let me ask this, if I may, would you consider yourself racist against the whole race? Or just certain aspects of the race? In my opinion, if you don't like certain aspects about the race, that doesn't make you racist, because their may be some person of that race who doesn't reflect any of those negative qualities. Maybe this discussion is leading toward stereotypes,?:eusa_think:

fair enough, I guess maybe our definition of racism differs a little bit. Let me ask this, if I may, would you consider yourself racist against the whole race? Or just certain aspects of the race? In my opinion, if you don't like certain aspects about the race, that doesn't make you racist, because their may be some person of that race who doesn't reflect any of those negative qualities. Maybe this discussion is leading toward stereotypes,?:eusa_think:
Well, there is one race I would consider myself a racist against a whole race. Thats Japanese. I was a little too young for the 2nd world war, but I have not, can not, and will not forgive them for killing off a lot of my kin people. I don't have any big sinister plan to do them any harm, but when one gets around me, I have business elsewhere. When one gets around me in a public place, I give them all the space because I get away from them. I don't work with them, I don't eat with them, I won't live with them as a neighbor. And no, I'm not missing out on some culture thing, I don't even like their culture. But I figure that is something me and my Maker might talk about after I die. (that won't be much longer now anyway) And yes, there are certain aspects about every race I don't like or agree with, and wish they would go back to wherever they came from to practice it. (i guess in my case that would be England)

Forum List

Back