Exercise in Creativity

Darkwind

Diamond Member
Jun 18, 2009
I want everyone to consider the issues that this country faces right now.

Now, pretend that there are no rich people in this country. No one makes over 100,000 dollars a year.

Posting links to other peoples opinions won't count. After all, if you want to think creatively, you have to do it yourself.

You still have to solve the problems of the issues that exist.

How will you go about it?

Last edited:
It's not possible for that situation to take place. Everyone knows all the problems in this country are cause by rich people. If there were no rich people, there would be no problems.

/end sarcasm

Now, pretend that there are no rich people in this country. No one makes over 100,000 dollars a year.

I guess the Education system would fall apart, because nobody would be "running" America's School system if you were to hypothetically cap wages at 100k.

In your scenario have the middle class wages remained stagnant for thirty years still?
Do corporations still get to pay off politicians and news outlets in your scenario?
Is the middle class completely gone in your scenario or just shrinking rapidly like it is now?
Do insurance companies have the power to deny people based upon preexisting conditions or put coverage caps on benefits?
Are the primary reason for bankruptcy due to medical costs?

In your scenario have the middle class wages remained stagnant for thirty years still?
Do corporations still get to pay off politicians and news outlets in your scenario?
Is the middle class completely gone in your scenario or just shrinking rapidly like it is now?
Do insurance companies have the power to deny people based upon preexisting conditions or put coverage caps on benefits?

Whats the matter? There is only one stipulation.

Can the items you listed be considered issues that need to be solved in this country?

Have at it. Shouldn't be hard for all the Mensa candidates here on this forum.

Can the items you listed be considered issues that need to be solved in this country?

Didnt think you would have thought this through. Shocking.

Of course I've thought it through.

However, read the subject line one more time, note the restriction in the Original Post and show us how creative you can be in solving the problems this country faces.

Shouldn't be too hard for the people at USMB. After all, everyone here knows everything about anything.

I see so many links to other peoples words, thoughts and opinions, I'm just curious to see if anyone on this forum has an ability to think both creatively, and I'll add here, critically.

Though Critical thought isn't expected of anyone who wants to actually try and resolve some of the issue we face.

Oh, and I'll add one more stipulation to the OP.

Links to other peoples words and opinions don't count. I'll accept research (even biased research) with the exception of Wikipedia.

So, the USA has massive problems....the population, those that work, do not make more than 100k per year.

Impress Me.

However, read the subject line one more time, note the restriction in the Original Post and show us how creative you can be in solving the problems this country faces.

Shouldn't be too hard for the people at USMB. After all, everyone here knows everything about anything.

I see so many links to other peoples words, thoughts and opinions, I'm just curious to see if anyone on this forum has an ability to think both creatively, and I'll add here, critically.

Though Critical thought isn't expected of anyone who wants to actually try and resolve some of the issue we face.

Links to other peoples words and opinions don't count. I'll accept research (even biased research) with the exception of Wikipedia.

So, the USA has massive problems....the population, those that work, do not make more than 100k per year.

Impress Me.

You're excluding way too many details for a real answer. We didn't get in to the mess we are in now simply because we have very rich people.

Impress Me.

You're excluding way too many details for a real answer. We didn't get in to the mess we are in now simply because we have very rich people.
Does the definition of creativity elude you?

I'll take the pressure off of everyone.

There is no wrong answer here.....

BTW...I'm glad you have come to realize that the very rich are not all of the answer to our problems.

See, no wrong answer.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back