Executive pay... what was YOUR raise this year???

[I agree that some of the CEO's are less than stirling individuals. But there are many good ones out there.

Regardless.....

In my world, if a guy is making 20 million, that means somehow the market thinks he is worth it. I don't agree, but that is what happens.

People get pissed.

I always ask what does economics teach. It says that if someone is making that kind of money...someone will come in and offer to do the job for less...that is the nature of competition. But, the company isn't going to give itself out to the lowest bidder.

So the way you get that money (and the money of his next in liners) is to compete for it. Start your own company. Get aggresive.

Otherwise, you turn power over to them and suck on what they give you. They balance how much they give you with how much discomfort you would avoid if you stay (and not shop yourself around).

The market will take care of things. But, if people are not motivated to go into the market....well then it isn't as efficient.

Actors and athletes.

Watch how they are marketed.

Now put a quality CEO in the same scenario.

That is the way captialism works.

Nothing wrong with it.

It is the unquality CEO's that the market can't get at. While you never know the entire story, there is the Roger Smith debacle and the Jill Barad mess (ran Matel into the ground and got 50 million to step away). What I am saying is that if you think they are making to much, then your only recourse is to go into the market after some of that cash.

What I want, as a stockholder, is to be able to join with others to cut the balls off anyone who isn't doing their high priced job.

When a business owner loses...he loses by himself.

When he wins, he is greedy if he does not share his winnings with everyone.

In theory, yes.

A business owner takes the risks (or shares it with a bank who is lending him other people's money). But he is the one with the stress.

Now, to be successful he trys to motivate people who work for him. Cash incentives are always good (more collectively). But he is not at all obligated to give out incentives. I see it as good business practice. That is entirely up to him.

Now, if you quit your job to come to work for him you are betting on something. If you don't get some reward for taking the risk built into the deal....then you are not a very good negotiator.

Wow... another vomiter... how droll. Demand dumb ass... that's the key.

No dumbass, it isn't.

Demand never did anything. Throughout the middle ages, there was overwhelming demand for food, yet the world lived on the verge of starvation, one bad crop away from death.

During the black death, demand for medicine and cures was overwhelming, yet millions died, demand meant nothing.

In 2006 there was zero demand for the iPhone. The iPaq that the iPhone stole it's design and name from sold poorly. By the end of 2007, demand was off the charts. Why? Because creation of a SUPPLY of the devices spurred demand.

Supply creates demand, for those ignorant of Says law.

Lord Keynes had a silver spoon crammed up his ass, he was a pampered Aristocrat who dabbled in playing the grand game of manipulating the peasants. Keynes had no grasp of reality. His theories rested on the long tradition of Aristocratic Intellectuals to "baffle em' with bullshit."

Krugman is a fraud.

You are merely ignorant.

You outsource jobs, layoff American workers, expect the ones that remain to pick up the slack of the laid off ones, have a "race to the bottom" as far as wages and benefits are concerned... what the FUCK do you thing happens to people's disposable income?

There is a reason that ad hominem is considered a fallacy. Which person in this forum has outsourced anything?

You lack the education or knowledge to grasp the realities of outsourcing, the pros and cons. You most likely think that off-shoring is done to seek lower labor costs. You think this because you are ignorant and uneducated.

Oh yeah.... it decreases... in turn DEMAND decreases... what do these people do as a result? Shop for CHEAP foreign goods... those same goods that put them out of a job to begin with... they put it on CREDIT CARDS because they don't have the cash. Banks are perpetuating all of this because EASY CREDIT is artificially raising the appearance of DEMAND.

What demand has decreased, sparky?

I could go on... but you're to fuckin' stupid to understand... The bottom line is that a well paid workforce is good for everyone.

You have the simpletons view of economics. You think in terms of a grand pie that we all share, and the "rich" are getting more than their share.

Here is a truth you cannot grasp, before wealth can be looted, taken by force, it must first be created.

When a business owner loses...he loses by himself.

When he wins, he is greedy if he does not share his winnings with everyone.

In theory, yes.

A business owner takes the risks (or shares it with a bank who is lending him other people's money). But he is the one with the stress.

Now, to be successful he trys to motivate people who work for him. Cash incentives are always good (more collectively). But he is not at all obligated to give out incentives. I see it as good business practice. That is entirely up to him.

Now, if you quit your job to come to work for him you are betting on something. If you don't get some reward for taking the risk built into the deal....then you are not a very good negotiator.
there is not a single thing said in this post that I disagree with.

Regardless.....

In my world, if a guy is making 20 million, that means somehow the market thinks he is worth it. I don't agree, but that is what happens.

People get pissed.

I always ask what does economics teach. It says that if someone is making that kind of money...someone will come in and offer to do the job for less...that is the nature of competition. But, the company isn't going to give itself out to the lowest bidder.

So the way you get that money (and the money of his next in liners) is to compete for it. Start your own company. Get aggresive.

Otherwise, you turn power over to them and suck on what they give you. They balance how much they give you with how much discomfort you would avoid if you stay (and not shop yourself around).

The market will take care of things. But, if people are not motivated to go into the market....well then it isn't as efficient.

Actors and athletes.

Watch how they are marketed.

Now put a quality CEO in the same scenario.

That is the way captialism works.

Nothing wrong with it.

It is the unquality CEO's that the market can't get at. While you never know the entire story, there is the Roger Smith debacle and the Jill Barad mess (ran Matel into the ground and got 50 million to step away). What I am saying is that if you think they are making to much, then your only recourse is to go into the market after some of that cash.

What I want, as a stockholder, is to be able to join with others to cut the balls off anyone who isn't doing their high priced job.

as a stockholder? I agree.

As a consumer? As a memeber of the public in general? None of your business.

I'm a CEO of a corporation, ya know?

I haven't given myself a raise in years and years.

You're the CEO of a corporation, yet you don't know that the board determines executive compensation, not the CEO?

I make exactly as much as every other paid employee, too.

So you're a one man shop...

Yeah yeah I know, there'll be pie in the sky when I die.

Still just in case that isn't true, I eat a lot of pie here on earth.

Make sure to get the whole pie, so you don't have to waddle back and forth from the fridge too many times...

Who cares...........dont be jealous of other people's success. Its the height of gayness.

If you're not happy with your raise, change your job.

That is all this issue is about. There are just some people out there that are miserable as shit because other people have more and they spend every day of their lives doing back-flips in an attempt to get them fcukked over. Make no mistake.......these people who want to sock it to the rich are the losers among us. They cannot take responsiblity for their own actions = making fcukked up personal life decisions that has led to a life full of nothing but meh.

If you're a fcukkking loser, its nobody's fault but your own. Buckle up your chinstrap........have a beer and make a plan. Go make lots of money and go right ahead and give it away to the losers of society..........and God bless.

20110519_0052_1-7.jpg

Last edited:
I haven't given myself a raise in years.

Maybe this year I might if the cost of things continues to escalate.

But as every employee in my organziation gets the exact same pay, that isn't likely, either.

Forum List

Back